KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Who is the Second Most Powerful Sith?

Next to Palpatine, who is the most powerful Sith ever?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darth Nihilus 6 37.50%
Marka Ragnos 3 18.75%
Exar Kun 4 25.00%
Other (specify) 3 18.75%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is the Second Most Powerful Sith?
Started by: Nikkolas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who is the Second Most Powerful Sith?

I think my choice is obvious.

Darth Nihilus

"One cannot have power of that magnitude and still think and perceive the universe as we do."
―Kreia

"He tore it from the mass shadows of Malachor, along with his fleet... that is a measure of his power."

"When my Lord spoke, every living thing on Katarr died."

Last edited by Shin_Nikkolas on Apr 21st, 2007 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would more than likely be Exar Kun since Ragnos is unknown, but otherwise I would go with Ragnos. Kun for sure has more abilities than Nihilus, and this has been proven.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

No he hasn't.

Until he moves fleets with his TK or drains entire planets, he's not even close to Nihilus.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nikkolas
No he hasn't.

Until he moves fleets with his TK or drains entire planets, he's not even close to Nihilus.

Let me use your logic. Until Nihilus rules the sith empire untouched for over a century, has titanic force abilities, can freeze the entire senate chamber, and pump a constant energy beam, he's not even close to Kun or Ragnos.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Let me use your logic. Until Nihilus rules the sith empire untouched for over a century, has titanic force abilities, can freeze the entire senate chamber, and pump a constant energy beam, he's not even close to Kun or Ragnos

If you tthink ruling a Sith Empire somehow, having exotic Force abilities, freezing time in the Senate chamber and pumping a constant beam of energy from an amulet is more impressive than consuming the energy from an entire planet...then I can't help you.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 01:06 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, it is, you lose.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 01:38 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

OK, wait.

Is this thread talking about who could defeat who in combat, or who in general has more stronger abilities with the Force?

Nihilus would be THE strongest, since he can just kill life using the Force. But in terms of magnitude of power, Ragnos. He may be rather unknown, but honestly, ruling over an empire of bloodthirsty, back-stabbing Dark Siders for over a century... UNOPPOSED, is f*ckin' ridiculous.

Kun may be powerful, but take away that amulet, compare his empire to the Ancient's, and compare Ragnos' exotic ubertastical (overblown) abilities to his, then freezing the Senate (Senators....oooohhhhh!), isn't that great of a feat. In comparison that is.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nihilus=1 technique. Ragnos= >1. Kun= >1

Kun's amulet shouldn't even be discussed here TG, since it was only a small part of his power. You forgot his "black lightning", his senate stasis field, his force drain as a spirit, etc.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 01:47 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Nihilus=1 technique. Ragnos= >1. Kun= >1

Kun's amulet shouldn't even be discussed here TG, since it was only a small part of his power. You forgot his "black lightning", his senate stasis field, his force drain as a spirit, etc.
black lighting? And is vader superior to nihilus in overall force mastery? I think so

Anyway for 2nd strongest sith i will have to go with Exar kun, sith revan and last but not least vader/bane

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 02:07 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Nihilus=1 technique

Nihilus = Drainining planets TK'ing fleets, mindraping and supporting the life of the people on the Ravager...while slowly draining them. That's something you can't disprove. Even if he doesn't hold the ship together, he does supply all the people on it the ability to live and function.

quote:
Ragnos= >1

Ragnos = 0. He's done nothing.

quote:
Kun= >1

Kun < TK'ing a fleet out of a gravity well.

You seriously are't running on fumes, DS. Your belief Nihilus has only one power and nothing more is utterly baseless and ridiculous.

quote:
Yes, it is, you lose.

That's all I can say.

Why the hell does shooting out an amulet blast or paralyzing a Senate outweigh eating planets?

quote:

Is this thread talking about who could defeat who in combat, or who in general has more stronger abilities with the Force?

Stronger abilities in The Force.

Which puts Nihilus above Kun or Sadow or anyone except Sidious.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 02:09 AM
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Who is the Second Most Powerful Sith?

I think my choice is obvious.

Darth Nihilus

"One cannot have power of that magnitude and still think and perceive the universe as we do."
―Kreia

[b"He tore it from the mass shadows of Malachor, along with his fleet... that is a measure of his power."

"When my Lord spoke, every living thing on Katarr died."

No other Sith, except Sidious, has even come close to this level of power.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 02:11 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kun < TK'ing a fleet out of a gravity well.
Well kun froze hunders and thousands of senators in the senate

Why the hell does shooting out an amulet blast or paralyzing a Senate outweigh eating planets?
Because nihilus struck from a distance, had they known earlier that his ship is coming, the military will blow his ass into space

Stronger abilities in The Force.
Then it would be kun who with the help of kyp tooled
a post DE luke by using the entire dark side of one planet to back him up

Which puts Nihilus above Kun or Sadow or anyone except Sidious.
Nah, kun > nihilus and so does any elite yuuzhan vong, the fallanasi

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 02:12 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Up close and personal combat, Kun tools Nihilus. If given time from a distance, Nihlius takes out Kun.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Well kun froze hunders and thousands of senators in the senate

If you meant hundreds of thousands, you're wrong. Lightsnake said the Senate had at its most 4,000 people in it.

quote:
Because nihilus struck from a distance, had they known earlier that his ship is coming, the military will blow his ass into space

I thought they did know he was coming... I'll look that up.

And I'm not talking about his uber-Force drain. More the one he used on Sion in teh cut stuff and tried to use on the Exile. There seems to be a difference as he doesn't speak using that one but from Marr's words, he says something when he destroyed Katarr and that implies it requires an incantation or voicing.

quote:
Then it would be kun who with the help of kyp tooled
a post DE luke by using the entire dark side of one planet to back him up

Kyp definitely has more raw potential than Kun even when he was alive.

And do we even know in what proportion that attack was? Do we know how much of it was Kun and how much was Kyp?

quote:
Nah, kun > nihilus and so does any elite yuuzhan vong, the fallanasi

He could simply do what I've already said and create a vacuum around there head or destroy them with objects using TK.

The fallanasi...when they loop out of The Force, they'r eimmune to Force attacks? Even being bludgened by heavy objects?

quote:
Up close and personal combat, Kun tools Nihilus. If given time from a distance, Nihlius takes out Kun.

Nihilus can use his drain instantly.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 02:45 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you meant hundreds of thousands, you're wrong. Lightsnake said the Senate had at its most 4,000 people in it.

No he didn't, and the senate had tens of thousands of people in there, nicel ie.

quote:
And I'm not talking about his uber-Force drain. More the one he used on Sion in teh cut stuff and tried to use on the Exile. There seems to be a difference as he doesn't speak using that one but from Marr's words, he says something when he destroyed Katarr and that implies it requires an incantation or voicing.

The cut scene with Sion was non canon, try again.

quote:

That's a matter of opinion which is frankly, wrong.

quote:
And do we even know in what proportion that attack was? Do we know how much of it was Kun and how much was Kyp?

Uh, it was Kun's technique, Kyp clearly didn't know it. A lot of ancient sith teachings died with Kun.

quote:
He could simply do what I've already said and create a vacuum around there head or destroy them with objects using TK.

Uhuh sure he. And Jacen Solo can get into his head and blow his brain up.. riiight.

quote:
The fallanasi...when they loop out of The Force, they'r eimmune to Force attacks? Even being bludgened by heavy objects?

Yup

Nihilus can use his drain instantly. [/B][/QUOTE]

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 04:16 AM
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
No he didn't, and the senate had tens of thousands of people in there, nicel ie.

I've never heard that.

And I'll ask LS. He's who I heard it from.

quote:
The cut scene with Sion was non canon, try again.

....that's why, ya know, I kinda said ALSO the bit with the Exile... I was citing two examples. And I even said outright it was cut.

You're desperate for ammo.

quote:
That's a matter of opinion which is frankly, wrong.

No blackholes moved by Exar Kun.

quote:
Uh, it was Kun's technique, Kyp clearly didn't know it. A lot of ancient sith teachings died with Kun.

They were both attacking Luke.

quote:
Uhuh sure he. And Jacen Solo can get into his head and blow his brain up.. riiight.

The hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about Nihilus vs. a Vong. And it's a canon use of The Force by a weak, battere and desperate Tahiri (uber-Force user...?) to be able to create a vacuum around a Vong's head.

I'd dare say Nihilus can do it if he had knowledge of the Vong's immunity to the Force...which doesn't exist since a Force technique killed them. in fact, who ever said they are immune to Force attacks? We have a Force attack on them and killing them instantly. Why wouldn't plain old Force lightning destroy them?

quote:
Yup

I highly doubt it.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 04:27 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to advent, they had hunderds and thousands

I thought they did know he was coming... I'll look that up.
They dont. Visas stated in the comic that they are unaware that they are going to die

Kyp wasnt strong at that time, kun > kyp as of that time

Kun uses entire darkside of the planet against luke. As yodas greatest feat was shifting the entire dark side in the planet to one cae,

And kun cannot start an amulet blast before nihilus does? Nihilus is a moron, he didnt try to kill mandalore or the exile when they walked up to him, He merely stunned them so what makes you think that nihilus will attack on sight?

His drain simply wont work as i was saying

Nihilus can use his drain instantly.
Prove it, while kuns amulet blast will dissintigrate him utterly

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 06:14 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

No blackholes moved by Exar Kun.
Right moving a black hole with TK means your uber. Then i guess kyp > sidious because sidious only at most lifted a 19km SSD and buried it in coruscanty with TK

They were both attacking Luke.
Well i think its actually kun possessed kyp, and Kun amplified kyps power

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 06:17 AM
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Kyp wasnt strong at that time, kun > kyp as of that time

Kyp with barely any training could guide the Millenium Falcon through the Maw Cluster...

And Kyp had been studying with Exar from what I remember.

quote:
Kun uses entire darkside of the planet against luke. As yodas greatest feat was shifting the entire dark side in the planet to one cae,

And Kyp was attacking Luke also.

So...is there any proof Kun's offense was the main reason Luke was defeated? It's like debating if it was Kyp's own power that pulled the Sun Crusher from the star or if it was the power-up from Kun.

quote:
And kun cannot start an amulet blast before nihilus does

It's like the old samurai movies.

If Nihilus gets the drain, Kun dies. Kun gets amulet blast, Nihilus dies.

quote:
Nihilus is a moron, he didnt try to kill mandalore or the exile when they walked up to him

Uh...yes he did...that's why he was weakened.

And he was holding the Exile at his mercy from what I could see...

quote:
He merely stunned them so what makes you think that nihilus will attack on sight?

What makes you think Kun will amulet blast on sight?

quote:
Prove it, while kuns amulet blast will dissintigrate him utterly

I don't have to prove it's instant. We see it's instant. When he wanted to use it, he used it.

As I said, drain vs. amulet blast. Whichever comes fastest.

quote:
Right moving a black hole with TK means your uber. Then i guess kyp > sidious because sidious only at most lifted a 19km SSD and buried it in coruscanty with TK

In terms of TK, yes, I'd say Kyp beats Sidious. Do we even have any feats of Force TK from Kun?

quote:
Well i think its actually kun possessed kyp, and Kun amplified kyps power

I read JA a long time ago so I can't remember but I thought it was pretty vague on just how much was Kyp's power and how much was Exar's. But I'm not sure and I'll readily admit i'm wrong if there's evidence to teh contrary.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 07:07 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kyp with barely any training could guide the Millenium Falcon through the Maw Cluster...
So?

And Kyp had been studying with Exar from what I remember.
So? Kyp still didnt know alot of things that kun knew, unless you want to provide a source which by the way you cant

And Kyp was attacking Luke also.
So? it was kun using kyps body and amplifying his powers

So...is there any proof Kun's offense was the main reason Luke was defeated? It's like debating if it was Kyp's own power that pulled the Sun Crusher from the star or if it was the power-up from Kun.
Partly, but as i said its kun using kyp

It's like the old samurai movies.

If Nihilus gets the drain, Kun dies. Kun gets amulet blast, Nihilus dies.
Exactly

Uh...yes he did...that's why he was weakened.
Right, after trying to intimidate the exile

And he was holding the Exile at his mercy from what I could see...
He couldnt do shit to harm her, and from what i could see... An average force user tooled him

What makes you think Kun will amulet blast on sight?
Because nihilus is a threat

I don't have to prove it's instant. We see it's instant. When he wanted to use it, he used it.
Really? Iv seen force storm, we have seen its instant, When sidious wanted to use it, he used it, How does that sound? Oh right and banes lightning storm also took time but by going what you just said, it is instant also, Prove up or shut up which you have yet to do

As I said, drain vs. amulet blast. Whichever comes fastest.
Agreeble

In terms of TK, yes, I'd say Kyp beats Sidious. Do we even have any feats of Force TK from Kun?
No we dont, but the fact remains that we have never seen nihilus use TK to kill an opponent other than choke, And sidious > kyp by the way. Kyp just did TK on a larger scale and thus doesnt mean he > sidious

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 07:41 AM