KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Too many sequels?

Too many sequels?
Started by: enyafreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
enyafreak

sequels

it seems that writers are having difficulty coming up with original characters and stories. look at the overload of sequels.

Matrix 2 and 3
Harry potter 3
Lord of the rings 3
Terminator 3
dumb and Dumberer
Exorcist the beggining
Scooby doo 2
Star wars 3
2 fast 2 furious
Bad boys 2
Charlies angels 2
Freddy versus Jason
Spiderman 2
Tomb raider 2
X men 2
American wedding
Scary movie 3
Shanghi knights
Final destination 2
Jungle book 2

far too many

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 11:28 AM
enyafreak is currently offline Click here to Send enyafreak a Private Message Find more posts by enyafreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

yep, thank god for m night, his new movie sounds intersting

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 11:49 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

There is a difference between sequels and franchises. Some of these films you have listed are franchises for example Xmen and spiderman are set to run and run.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 01:40 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

I think some of these sequels look pretty good, and some of the ones I have already seen are pretty good, but there are some that I just don't understand. What is with this Dumb and Dumberer movie????? I think that movie looks absolutely terrible, no wonder Jim Carrey wouldn't act in that movie. And Scary Movie? I don't even know what the Waynes Brothers were thinking when they made those. I think those movies are so distasteful. And don't even get me started on those horrifying sequels disney trys to pull off.~

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 07:42 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

Tongue Is anyone getting sick of movie sequels??!!

hi!!!smile

does anyone out there think that movie sequels are just getting trashy!!!
there seems to be no originality any more! there are so many sequels that have come out...like Legally blonde 2, Bad Boys 2,matrix 2, charlie's angels 2, T3 etc. when is enough,enough!!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 11:03 AM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

I AM sooooooooooooooooooo fed up of the recycled films we are getting

and dont put LOTR in that list.............the entire saga was done in one shot

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 11:39 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

In that case.........skip the Matrix sequels also........the entire story was outlined (not scripted to film yet) at the same time.........they could only shoot the first one because they didn't know if the movie was going to bomb or not and WB didn't want to put 300 million dollars behind a project done by sophomore directors...........anyway........Reloaded and Revolutions were part of the original concept for the Matrix back in '97..............they were shot later due to budget restraints (not knowing if the first movie was going to bomb or not)...........

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 11:47 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SST_Defiant^DFA
SST Ruled !

as long as people watched them, they'll keep making sequences. it's easier and cheaper to do a sequence, i guess. the best movies are the originals anyway so i don't understand why most people watched the sequences...smile

Live ForEver, SST

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 11:53 AM
SST_Defiant^DFA is currently offline Click here to Send SST_Defiant^DFA a Private Message Find more posts by SST_Defiant^DFA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Well if its a sequel of a movie you like you'll watch it right?!
Its bad when they make sequels that clearly only exist because the movie made big bucks and not because there is more story to tell.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 12:34 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Charlie's Angels is an example of that, isn't it?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 12:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

*aprooves*
i guess we can rule all of our main trilogies out of the 'bad sequel term'...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 01:35 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

yeah i guess that can work

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 03:30 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

x2 is a great example of a sequel being far better than the original(at least to me) i personally really hated x1 and wanted it to die. x2 was great though

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 05:26 PM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Have you watched X1 after seeing X2 113? X2 makes X1 a much better movie. I was disapointed with the 1st too but after seeing and loving X2 I saw X1 again and now I think its awsome. But X2 is still better.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 05:43 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Oh T2 is also way better then T1!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 05:44 PM
yerssot

anyone mentioned AOTC and TPM already?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 05:53 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Those are prequels stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 05:55 PM
yerssot

yeah, but AOTC is the sequel on AOTC wink

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 05:57 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

I was disapointed with both. Nothing could be better then the old SW.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 06:08 PM
yerssot

you watched the movie? I just stare at portman wink

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 06:38 PM