KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Whole Hyperspace Burrito...

The Whole Hyperspace Burrito...
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Miffed The Whole Hyperspace Burrito...

I've seen this addressed occasionally but never as a thread. I personally think it blows that they would do this to us fans. I remember before the site went pay-per-view so to speak. I LOVED it and I visited it regularly. Now it doesn't even merit a bookmark on my browser. It's not like GL isn't going to make millions off the next movie and the whole OT DVD release this fall as it is, but he's got to try and suck dry the very people that made him a rich man. I appreciate greatly those who take the chance to post pictures and information from hyperspace for the rest of us who won't or can't afford to pay to see them. SO in a nutshell.......three cheers for the brave folks who share with the rest of us fans! smile smile smile

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:51 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Well I'll tell ya, the only desire I have toward going to SW.com on a daily bases is to see if the Episode 3 title has been released (yes I know it's not supposed be released until later this summer, but still you never know) I'll only trust the title when I see it posted on the official website. Other than that, I have no interesting in SW.com at all, and part of that is because of their great cheapness regarding Hyperspace.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

I think that if enough fans stopped going to SW.com, they'd have to notice. The problem is theres not enough people who actually think about what that 40 dollars is for and who gets it, etc.

You can go to TheForce.net, Moviespoilers.com, KMC, and dozens of other places for SW news. Heck I'll og to SS.com before I'll go to SW.com.

What other property can you think of that the creator has gouged its fans so bad for? Most creators honor their fans. Lucas has pulled some pretty despicable crap on the people who made him rich.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corsie

I hardly ever go to SW.com because there is almost nothing to see.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Corsie a Private Message Find more posts by Corsie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

quote:
Originally posted by Creechuur
What other property can you think of that the creator has gouged its fans so bad for? Most creators honor their fans. Lucas has pulled some pretty despicable crap on the people who made him rich.

I totally agree. It's a complete disgrace for Lucas, a man who possesses more money than he'll ever spend in a lifetime to be pulling off some mega crap like that.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Speaking of The Force.net...I've noticed that their picture links are directly to Hyperspace. Whats up with that? Do they have some kind of deal with the official site?

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:40 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Hmm...I've noticed that too. In fact, I've come across many sites containing links to Hyperspace. Not sure what the deal is.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:50 AM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

I think they assume that if youre a SW fan, then you know Hyperspace links mean that you can't see them unless youre a member.

Lucas can cram it with walnuts. BOYCOTT STARWARS.COM!!!!

Old Post May 28th, 2004 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
punkkaveman
Cause its gangsta?

I agree. The only thing I am able to go on is the database and the forum and the forums at Star Wars.com suck.

No I am not a punk. Just a Kaveman. Sig made by BakaXero!

Old Post May 28th, 2004 09:23 AM
Click here to Send punkkaveman a Private Message Find more posts by punkkaveman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Meh, wasn't Lucas' idea, most likely, but at the end of the day, he is a businessman, and if his company comes up with a profitable idea for the website... well, that's business.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:08 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Ush.................how positively capital of you! LOL you always crack me up man! laughing out loud laughing

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:24 PM
Darth Venom
No ticket!!!!!

3-D Episode III Pic

1 of many i hope (send them in)

Attachment: 20040525[1].jpg
This has been downloaded 263 time(s).

http://www.youtube.com/user/optimuspriime02

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Venom a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Venom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

what's so 3D about it. dont look that much different from a normal pic

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:53 PM
Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I am a subscriber to Hyperspace, at least for the next week or so. I really have no desire to sign up for another year. I do not think $20 is that big of a deal, but you should'nt have been paying for what you were getting. I think I posted this a while ago but this basically what you got out of Hyperspace. In a nutshell this what you were getting-

1) Pablo's post- There was scene with blue screen today with anikan. It was emotional. Anyway I am having fun down here.. blah blah blah Basically he will tell you about the movie, but then he won't.

2) Web cam- this was the most ridiculaous piece of crap about this whole ordeal. I am personally not a big fan of footage of a guy working on his computer for hours on end. Or watching a room that is pitch black because the lights are turned off. I don't know about you guys, but that is my opinion

3) Behind the helmet-some cool ones show up now and then, but I usually find better ones floating around in hyperspace.

4) Making of documentary- Uh These used to be free if I remember correctly. Now you watch em, and you can't even watch them again until the show up at the site.

That is the whole sack of potatos. I go to TFN frequently as well, but even they are starting to irritate me. They used to have info on Ep. 3 on a constant basis, now they are days or even weeks apart. Most of the time their updates are like "Happy birth day to that guy who ran across the screen in ESB" or "AOTC is on TV tonight". Also, there news lately is regurgitated crap from other sites, or they are serouisly reaching. Like this "some guy at Target who knows a guy in san franscisco who's brothers ex girlfriend's sister knows a courier at Lucasfilm said the title is is 'death of a republic'

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:19 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, TFN haven't been up to spec lately.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:26 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

what 3-d about it june first they are going to have zoom in on the website on the locations

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:30 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

So, for your hard earned cash, you get:
A webdiary
Some pics
a lame webcam
Some webdocs

hmmm...sounds like a FREE WEB SITE TO ME. I would feel like a rape victim if I paid for that.

Don't even try to make Lucas an innocent party. Nothing happens without his consent and we all know it. Sure it was some marketing jerk that came up with the idea, but you don't think it lit up little dollar signs in lucas' eyes? Thats not business, its selfishness.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 06:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, it's business. I actually have little patience with continued criticism GL gets for making money. He puts nearly all of it back into films anyway. That IS business- feel free to criticise it for being crap, but it is a perfectly acceptable business venture to try.

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2004 08:08 PM
Corsie

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No, it's business. I actually have little patience with continued criticism GL gets for making money. He puts nearly all of it back into films anyway. That IS business- feel free to criticise it for being crap, but it is a perfectly acceptable business venture to try.
That`s very true.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Corsie a Private Message Find more posts by Corsie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swordfish2k0

Yes that is business but the film will rake in millions at the box office so why rip off the fans who are interested in see production news??! Unfortunatly like many things star wars is just about money these days...

Old Post May 29th, 2004 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Swordfish2k0 a Private Message Find more posts by Swordfish2k0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote