KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » embarrsing

embarrsing
Started by: ladygrim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

embarrsing

what movie makes you cringe with embarresment .... smokin'

Old Post May 24th, 2004 09:52 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

blink What do you mean?

Old Post May 24th, 2004 09:53 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

cheesy movies like kung pow even though its funny

Old Post May 24th, 2004 10:05 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Jeepers Creepers 2. It tried so hard to be scary, but when that butchy Camryn Manheim bus driver look alike pulls that stupid spiked thing out of the tire and prclaims, "Oh my god! It's a human tooth!" or whatever, I just wanted to throw something at the TV.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 10:09 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hopmanforya

^^^scary movie 3 one of the worst movies of all time.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 12:10 AM
Hopmanforya is currently offline Click here to Send Hopmanforya a Private Message Find more posts by Hopmanforya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Dreamcatcher.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 12:44 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

About ten years ago, when I was young and still full of hopes and dreams, this independent movie, which was filmed in my area, debuted at a local theater. The film's writer/director was there (he also acted as projectionist), and I kind of felt embarassed for him while and after watching it. It just wasn't very good (or maybe it just wasn't my cup of tea because I was still coming down from my "Pulp Fiction" high).

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post May 25th, 2004 02:05 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Hopmanforya
^^^scary movie 3 one of the worst movies of all time.

Coming from someone who gave "The Last Samurai" aka The Asian "Dances with Wolves" a 10/10, your opinion doesn't exactly take top billing, here.

Just an FYI: "Scary Movie 3" made about as much as 1 and 2 combined. You have to appreciate the work of Zucker/Abrahams to like a movie like that. Needless to say, I doubt 1/10th of this community knows who they are.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 03:10 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Coming from someone who gave "The Last Samurai" aka The Asian "Dances with Wolves" a 10/10, your opinion doesn't exactly take top billing, here.

Just an FYI: "Scary Movie 3" made about as much as 1 and 2 combined. You have to appreciate the work of Zucker/Abrahams to like a movie like that. Needless to say, I doubt 1/10th of this community knows who they are.

LOL! any way.. i reckon the end of LOTR 3 was a bit cheesyerm

Old Post May 25th, 2004 05:28 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

^^^ eek! NEW BEST FRIEND! eek! ^^^

Old Post May 25th, 2004 05:56 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:

OMG...we agree on something LOL

Old Post May 25th, 2004 01:17 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

lol.... think i mite have to agree with the jeepers cfreepers ... even ho i found it disturbing its rather dodgy... and pridictable.... don't go running in the fields .... so what do they do they go running in the fields and get captured

Old Post May 25th, 2004 01:36 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:

I haven't seen it, but I love Zucker and Abraham's work through the years.

BTW, what does any of this have to do with being embarrassed? I figured with a thread title like that it would be something like watching Porky's with your mom.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 04:34 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

No way, Chris. You've got to see "SM 3" sometime, Zucker directed it. There are a couple of intolerable characters, but the majority of the prop gags and jokes are on point. I've already watched it 3 times on DVD since last Tuesday.

Like I said, I was embarassed watching "Jeepers Creepers 2", for the sheer failure of their attempt to be scary. For an actual instance of embarassment, when my girlfriend and I were watching "American History X", and they cut to Fairuza Balk being rather "vocal" in the bedroom with guy, of course, I thought I was going to have to sleep on the couch.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on May 25th, 2004 at 04:50 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2004 04:47 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Scary Movie 3? You got to be kidding me? That was a disgrace to spoof movies. No where even near 1 or 2. It had better people (Sheen/Nealson) and it still sucked major balls.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 05:33 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
No way, Chris. You've got to see "SM 3" sometime

Actually, Cory, I'm going to rent it tonight. Thanks for the recommendation.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 05:46 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
Scary Movie 3? You got to be kidding me? That was a disgrace to spoof movies. No where even near 1 or 2. It had better people (Sheen/Nealson) and it still sucked major balls.

On a side note, The Wayan's brothers brand of "spoof" was not much more than dick and fart jokes, teen sex humor, drug related humor, pop culture pardodys, and just totally off the wall gross out sight gags.

The first 2 installments were disgraces to those who truely appreciate spoofs, since they were nothing more than toilet humor a la "American Pie".

You want to talk about disgraces to the spoof genre? How about garbage like "Mafia", "Wrongfully Accused", or even 2001: A Space Travesty

This particular genre was DYING for something to come and breathe life back into it since it was all down hill after "Naked Gun 33 1/3".

When SM 3, and the name Zucker rolled around, kids automatically abandoned it, and probably made fun of his name, knowing the typical SM franchise fan.

Of course Zucker, to classic spoof movie fans, means excellence in comedy. "Airplane!", "Airplane 2!", "Top Secret!", "BASEketball", and now he's back with "Scary Movie 3", which has been greenlighted for another sequel, given it singularly matched the success of the first two installments in ONE FILM.

Ever wonder why that may have been? Spoof sequels usually bomb. SM 2 made about 1/2 of what 1 did, only for Zucker to resurrect it, and make it a success again.

Sorry for the rant, and I recognize this is merely opinion, but it's factually one of the best grossing spoofs ever, and for a reason.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 12:13 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think Queen of the Damned is embarrasing for everyone involved, and Aliah paid the ultimate price for being in that piece of crap - Death. Same goes for Underworld, embarrasingly gothic which basically equates to being lame, simply because gothics, and everything that caters to gothics suck.

I was embarrased in Passion because during the torture scene (the entire second half of the movie) I yawned really loud by accident and "disrespected the faith" of the lady behind me who was crying buckets. Then I realized that it wasn't my fault the movie was crap and was no longer embarrased.

As far as Scare Movie 3 goes, I don't think it was really any better, or worse then the second one. Both movies were pretty lousy aside from a few good jokes that saved it from going completely down the toilet. The first one is still the best of the series though.

Last edited by BackFire on May 26th, 2004 at 12:27 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2004 12:21 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
When SM 3, and the name Zucker rolled around, kids automatically abandoned it, and probably made fun of his name, knowing the typical SM franchise fan.

I saw it last night on your advice and agree. It wasn't even like it was even a sequel, more like an alltogether new spoof. Zucker/Abrahams did a LOT better job than the direction it could've headed, even though I did think the first one was pretty funny.

And you're right, getting the "typical SM franchise fan" pumped for a Zucker movie would be like getting a horror film fan excited for Friday the 13th XI - directed by Jessica Simpson. They've simply not been around long enough.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 11:22 AM
Aku
Drunk

KILL BILL coz it was a big pile of sh*t

Old Post May 26th, 2004 11:57 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote