KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Shelob's poison stab

Shelob's poison stab
Started by: The Highlord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Shelob's poison stab

How come Frodo got poised when shelob stabed him? he was wearing his mithril shirt

Old Post May 30th, 2004 06:24 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I'm wondering if in the book, Frodo was bitten since spiders don't sting, they bite.
That is a good point (no pun intended lol) I can't explain it

Old Post May 30th, 2004 06:27 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Róisín
Aer tino agus uisce

In the book, he gets staded in the back of the neck from what i can remember..... his mithril shirt doesnt cover the back of his neck!

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:04 PM
Róisín is currently offline Click here to Send Róisín a Private Message Find more posts by Róisín Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

that doesn't explain the movie though...maybe it slipped through the links? doubtful.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:05 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

he doesnt get stinged to from what i can recall in the books,

best person to ask would be Cyn/Exa

Hey Lord andres, long time no see

Discos - its a good question though

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:12 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

yesh...but the movie messes lots of stuff up....

I do think that it was his neck that got bit!!!

Spiders can sting in middle earth, they are fantasy so they can do anything they want yes

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:13 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

he gets stung in the back of the shoulder in the book and in the film its just above his mithril

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:14 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

above his methril, it looked liked below it

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:25 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

look when he is in cirith ungol you can see the mark

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:25 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

how? you never see his back in cirith ungol? just hte cave troll and nazgul marks on his front...

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:29 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

read it more carefully stick out tongue

in the book its the back....in the film its the front

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:30 PM
Elessea

no, in the film, he got stabbed in the back!!! I know!! I just watched it 4 times in the past 4 days !!

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:31 PM
Elessea

in the book he got stabbedo n the shoulder i belive, and in teh moive it was in the middle/upper back!!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:32 PM
Thorondor
Love?

no its not!

stabby thing comes down frodo facing the other way, frodo turns round and down it comes and stab. go watch again stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:34 PM
Elessea

He was looking the other way, then Shelob came from above and stabbed him in the back!!!!! you go watch again!!! stick out tongue

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:37 PM
Thorondor
Love?

omg that is not what happened....the shelob makes a noise which frodo turns round and then her thing comes down then he turns round again and she gets him in the right shoulder.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:38 PM
Elessea

she does not stab him twice!!!!!

ANd i know she stabbed him from behind.

*coughisstubbornandevenifsheknowthorisrightshewill
notstoparguingcough*

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:40 PM
Thorondor
Love?

i didnt say she stabbed him twice

and you obviously don't know because you are wrong stick out tongue

go watch it right now.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:43 PM
shadowy_blue

Sorry...pip-foot..sad But I'll side with Thor here..In the movie..Frodo really did turn around when he was hearing some noises...but while we as audience were already seeing Shelob's head sneaking in so that she could sting Frodo already...(while we were saying.."OMG!! Frodo..turn around..turn around!! WATCH OUT!!!!)...Frodo indeed turned around to see Shelob...but it was too late..and Shelob stung him...IN FRONT. Above the mithril territory of protection...(if there's such a location..stick out tongue ) But you know what I mean..stick out tongue

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:53 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

yeah, Frodo briefly saw Shelob b/f he was stabbed

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:55 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilvorlandobloom

hey, maybe in the movie he took off the mithril cuz it was too heavy?? b/c of the ring? maybe?

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:56 PM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: sad I know i am wrong, but i hates being wrong and i loves arguing

I cant...at my dads office...

i dont like the Shelob scene anyways...i usually fastforward it so i have time to watch the good scenes with Pip and merry and aragron over and over and over again stick out tongue

YEah1!!!! shadowy is on :eek eek! eek! big grin

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:58 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

not likely. he wasn't carrying anything and besides it's light

Old Post May 30th, 2004 07:58 PM
Thorondor
Love?

NYAH!

yeah you heard me NYAH!!! stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:00 PM
Elessea

stick out tongue meanie Thor!!!!!

I don't care. In my world he got stabbed from behind and you blew up and died so i am always right stick out tongue

*pulls out take over of KMC plans she made with Kit...remembers just how to get rid of THor shifty*

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:02 PM
Thorondor
Love?

Mwuahahaha bring it

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:04 PM
Elessea

but then everyone would know the secret plan and Kit and i could no longer take over...

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:06 PM
Thorondor
Love?

then nyah i say, NYAH!!!!

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:08 PM
ilvorlandobloom

ok... confused

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:09 PM
ilvorlandobloom is currently offline Click here to Send ilvorlandobloom a Private Message Find more posts by ilvorlandobloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

stick out tongue and i say CURSE YOU stick out tongue

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: and tie you on top of a mountain with a nazgul ripping your insides out every hour, and an eagle coming to save you, but turning away right before it gets to you!

And that is just a TASTE of what is in the great and terrible plan of evil!!!1 Mwahhhhhahhh

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:10 PM
ilvorlandobloom

whoa, who r u saying that to?

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:11 PM
Thorondor
Love?

ooooooh ropes stick out tongue you kinky little laughing j/k

i care not what you do stick out tongue

pain is temperary, pride is forever.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:11 PM
Elessea

Thor!!!

I have nothing against you ilvorlando bloom....

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:12 PM
Elessea

lol laughing That one was mostly Kit's idea, but i added the nazgul part.... stick out tongue

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:12 PM
Elessea

the pride you shall no longer have because all the KMC members (who are not being punished) are riding on the eagles and lauging at your misery stick out tongue

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:13 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

Thorondors correct

Discos - deal with it, eagles are just very wise

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:31 PM
Elessea

*changes mind and decides discos can join Thor in punishment*

:P

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:32 PM
ilvorlandobloom

ok, so what is going on? im confused... come to think of it, im always confused. wacko

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 03:57 AM
Camellia
Complete Tolkien geek

Would you appreciate an extra opinion?

Book: back of neck
Film: front.

You see the scar when he's in the tower. He also has the Mithril Shirt at that point, because the two orcs argue over it in the tower. If you look, the shirt is (rather stupidly in my opinion) designed/cut in a certain shape, almost in a low neckline. It doesn't protect as it really should. That's why the shirt didn't protect him.

It's silly I know. And I'm sure you didn't want me to butt in here but, oh well, I have.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 03:19 PM
Camellia is currently offline Click here to Send Camellia a Private Message Find more posts by Camellia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

hehe pip-foot

nyah i say....NYAH! stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 03:21 PM