KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Multi-Author Fiction Area » Harry Potter #5 Carry-On!

Harry Potter #5 Carry-On!
Started by: ~Air Angel~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Tongue Harry Potter #5 Carry-On!

{For those of you that will carry-on this story with me....NOTE we do not own the rights to HP!! Such credit goes to JK Rowling! big grin}

As the moonlight shined down on number five Privet Drive you could see the shadow of a figure moving around upstairs. It was just one week from the end of the summer holiday as a dark haired teenage boy with eyes the color of emeralds began to pack his trunk with robes, books, a wand, an invisibility cloak, a small mirror that had been given to him from his godfather and finally his photo album which contained a picture of three very happy people. He turned over to his snowy owl and gave her a treat.

"There you go girl" he said to her in a soft voice.
"You need your rest." He told her.

He sat on the end of his bed, his mind was drifting off to what this school year would have in store for him and what his friends had been doing this summer. He hadn't talked to Ron or Hermoine since he had visited the Weasley's last month.

His thoughts were interrupted......

**CRACK** The boy spun around on the heel of his foot and saw a very tired and dreary looking Albus Dumbledore.

The old man looked up at Harry with his baby blue eyes. "Harry, I am afraid it is time." He said.

"I will explain it all to you on the way, but we really must hurry." Prof. Dumbledore stressed to him.

{CARRY ON stick out tongue}

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 11:26 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

((sounds cool, but the writers block fairy ran off with my Haldir-shaped Muse! I'll be back once I've re-captured him... *runs off*))

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:08 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

laughing out loud I understand!

*waits anxiously for others to participate*

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:48 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j
Kadehadaire_Mage_:)

Harry didn't need telling twice. Over the years he had learnt to trust whatever Dumbledore had said, but even he had to admit that there was a twinge of suspicioun in his mind.

"What do I need?" he asked quickly as he stood up with no real conviction.

"Everything you would be taking to Hogwarts, and also...hold on to this..."

Dumbledore handed Harry a long thin parcel. There was no twinkle i his eye, and so Harry knew no to ask what might be contained within it's brown paper. Instead he placed it into his trunk and closed it.

"I'm afraid, Harry" he began "that Voldemort is moving. We think he is moving all of the giants and dementors...he will be looking..."

Harry nodded. Dumbledore didn't need to finish the sentence. Voldemort was looking for him. To destroy him once and for all.

It didn't take long for Harry to get ready. Dumbledore stood patiently, casting a wary eye out of the window. When Harry was ready, he placed an envelope on Harry's desk. It was adressed to: EVANS

"Where are we going?" Harry asked, feeling more a sense of numb than anything.

"Grimmauld place."

Harry stared agape. He could not - would not go there...back to his memories of all he had lost, with the man who had been a part of their loss. A man he respected, and admired, and yet resented all at the same time.

"Proffessor Snape is waiting for you there."

Harry closed his eyes not caring that Dumbledore could see his openly hateful expression.

"I won't go there." He said defiently, waiting for the counter arguement.

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 12:15 AM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j

*ooooooooooooooooooooooo! I am loooooooooooooving this!!!!!!!!*

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 12:16 AM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tela

(((You left me carryon)))

Made by the extremely awesome Starlock

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 12:49 AM
Tela is currently offline Click here to Send Tela a Private Message Find more posts by Tela Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

"Harry I know you are troubled with the death of your godfather, but you must learn to overcome this obstacle in your life." Professor Dumbldore told him.

"You MUST focus on your ENEMY!" He said sternly.

"What do you know about the pain I am going through." Harry screamed out. He could feel the tension boiling up inside of him.

"Harry please calm yourself, Lord Voldemort has sent troops to look for you, this house is no longer safe for you to remain in." He told Harry.

"Now come, we must get to Grimmauld Place fast." He added. "I think you may be quite intrigued on what you will learn."

Reluctantly Harry grabbed his trunk and followed Prof. Dumbledore out the window.

"We must fly there." He said. "We also must hurry, daylight is coming soon."

Harry attatched his trunk and mounted his broom then he headed for the sky.

They rode fast and soon they came to Grimmauld Place. They landed just outside and quickly got out of the street and into the house.

When Harry walked through the door to his surprise he saw..........

(carry on! big grin)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 06:46 AM
Laviera_j

Proffessor Lupin and Proffessor Snape deep in converation at the kitchen table.

Harry felt his stomach drop. Snape and Lupin? Wasn't that like a betrayal to Sirius?

Lupin looked thin, and ill. His skin was a placid grey. Snape looked as ever, greasy and arogant. As soon as Harry entered, he turned and his lip curled.

Harry didn't hide his feeling. They bubbled over and he swallowed.

"Harry!" Lupin cired, jumping up. He seemed to completely unaware that Harry was coming. "Proffessor...What-"

"Later Remus." Proff. Dumbledore said calmly, holding up his hand. "Severus, would you please take Harry into the back room and explain what is to be done."

Snape nodded.

"Remus, you and I will talk. There are two people I'd like you to fetch..."

"Severus...Harry please." Proff. |Dumbledore gestured to Harry.

"Potter." Snape stated, as if he had said something that Harry should understand to be a request to follow him. Snape made to reach for his shoulder, but Harry pulled away violently.

"Don't touch me." He whispered and went through the doors into the back room.

Harry looked back through the swinging doors and caught sight of Dumbledore helping a weak-looking Lupin into a chair...

NOTE: The people I thought Lupin could be going to fetch could be Petunia and Mrs Weasley - Harry's guardians - kind of.

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 10:23 PM
Laviera_j

Snape turned to Harry sharply.

"Sit down."

Harry stared and his expression was colder thatn Snapes'.

"No. Why don't you just get to the point."

"Mind your manners, Potter. I am still your teacher regardless of what you might think."

"It's news to me." Harry replied sarcastically, but, to avaoid open confrontation for now, he sat in the nearby rusting chair. It squeaked ominously, and sweyed with Harry's weight.

"This year is going to be a little different. Hogwarts is no longer safe for you. You will be given all of the information we have as Dumbledore feels it is his restriction of information from you last year that lead to -" Snape broke off, and Harry saw him swallow slightly.

"Since Sirius died." harry said defiently, though the words stabbed at him.

"Yes, since Sirius died." He paused. "Occlumency will continue, but on a more regular basis. It will still be with me, until you have blocked Voldemort out sufficiently to allow your mind to be weakened in front of Dumbledore. You will be attending outside classes in Aurorism. The basic skills in dark detecting and defense will be taight to you. It is also advisable that Hogsmede trips are banned, though Dumbledore has left the choice up to you."

"I'm going to Hogsmede." Harry said determindly

"Be it on your own head then Potter. However, keep in mind, that it is no longer a simple case of an external threat to you...or your friends. The thread is you on top of that. Try not to get them killed."

Snape's lip curled and Harry swallowed a burning retort inside of him.

"Proff. McGonnogal has informed me of your plans to become an auror, and has advised me to give you extra schooling in potions. Since you recieved an outstanding in potions, you may continue my class, although I rather think I should have the papers remarked."

"Can I leave now?" Harry asked, furiously.

"One more thing. Famous as you might be, and true you have done a lot of good, but do not forget, that without you, Sirius would not have even known you. Would not have died."

He stood shrply and strode out of the room. Harry picked up a class near him and threw it at the door, in the place where Snape had been. He felt such hate for Snape, but what was worse is that...it was all true.

((Carry on!! big grin))

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 10:41 PM
Laviera_j

"Now Remus, I know you are weak, but I need you to go and fetch the Weasleys but not the children, and Petunia Dursley. They are vital fot Harry, especially when it comes to making his choice..."

Lupin nodded determindly and made to stand up.

"Another thing...the Weasely children will want to come. It is out of the question. They will see Harry at school. Do not tell them anything for now. It is best."

Lupin nodded and in a spark, he was gone.

Snape was in the room a second later. Dumbledore had missed the sound of crashing glass. It was disguised by Lupins dissapperation.

"He is informed in as much as you wanted Headmaster."

Dumbledore nodded and turned to the door where Harry stood.

"Why don't you take your things up stairs, and then I can explain to you. Explain it all."

Lupin arrived at the Burrow and rapped on the door. Strength was failing him, and he neededto sit down. He was looking languide and undermotivated.

Mrs Weasely came out of the kitchen, and as soon as she saw him, she cam bustling out to the door.

"Remus! Oh Remus!" She wretched open the door and he stepped inside. "Has Dumbledore sent you? What is it?"

"He is safe - Harry I mean. He is with Dumbledore. I have been sent to get you, and from there we will need to go somewhere else."

"Oh poor Harry! How is he! I haven't written, poor poor boy!" She seemes close to tears. But before she could erupt, the Weasley boys came running in followed closely by Mr Weasely.

"Proffessor Lupin!" They all exclaimed in conjunction.

It took several minutes to convince them to all settle down and when they did, Lupin resubmitted what Dumbledore had said.

"What! He won't let us see him! TILL SCHOOL?!" Ron had shouted, closely followed by "Rediculous" and "unelieveable!" from Fred and George.

"We're going to see him." Ginny stated defiantly, and there was a distinct blush in her cheeks.

"No Ginny, you can't." Lupin said softly, and he patted her shoulder.

"We really have to be going. Kids...be good. And, send Percy a card will you? He has appologised and appologised. Come on." Mrs Weasly pleaded. The twins and Ron scowled, but Ginny sighed and nodded.

"Be good!" Mr Weasely called, and then he, Mrs W and Lupin were gone.

The Dursely household was dark. And when Lupin knocked on the door, nothing happened for a minute.

When the door opened, it was Vernon.

"What is this Sir! You Again! what do you want?! My worthless nephew I dare say - WELL TAKE HIM AND BE OFF!"

"Um, we already have him. I need to speak to Petunia." Lupin said politely.

"You most certainly cannot!"

But Petunia had appeared in the doorway.

"What is it? I kept my word! I did! He's here isn't he?! I remembered his last!" She was almost hysterical.

"Calm down. We need to talk about the prophecy, with both blood," he gestured to her "and love." He gestured to the Weasely's."

"Very well. Come inside."

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 11:01 PM
Laviera_j

The talk lasted for ages. But by the end, Mrs Wealey was being consoled by Mr Weasley. snuffled sounds could be heard from her, squeaks and sniffing.
"Oh, Harry! One must die at the hands of the other! OH Harry!"

"Molly, please." Mr Weasely kept saying, over and over.

"I don't want to lose him Arthur."

"You wont. But Harry has obviously decided not to tell Ron, so we cannot say anything, and you can't go on like this, or they will know something is wrong. Come, come Molly dear, come, come."

"Petunia, you understand that you need to come with me, don't you?" Lupin asked.

"I do."

Mrs Weasly scowled at the woman and uttered something inaudible under her breath. Bu it sounded suspiciously like, "don't even care for him..."

Harry sat in his and Rons rooms at Grimmauld place, staring at the open door. He started when the picture frame seemed to move. Harry realised at once...Phinnius Nigellus.

"Harry Potter. What blackness sends you here again?"

"Excuse me?" Harry replied, confused.

"Destroyer...villain..." Nigellus taunted. He sounded drunk, which Harry thought impossible.

"Leave me alone." He muttered ad=nd lay on the bed. He was so far beyond taunts it wasn't funny. When would he feel anything but anger?

An hour later, Harry was to be seen kneeling on the floor of Grimauld place, holding his hands, and his head breaking in pain.

"Up, get up." Snape ordered.

Dumbledore had left to go on some errand, and Snape was doing as Dumbledore said - teaching occlumency.

"Your memories are tiring me. Not so much as a shielding charm."

Harry had just relived Sirius' death several times, and the moment of Cedircs death.

He was on the floor for the tenth time when Mrs Weasely, Lupin, Mr Weasely and Aunt Petunia came in.

"Oh! Harry! Oh Harry! You're all peaky! And covered in sweat! what are you doing Severus!" She cried, running to Harry and lifting him up.

"I am doing as Dumbledore suggested. Occlumency."

"Oh, I see." Mrs weasely turned away as she started to sniff again.

"What is she doing here?" Harry gestured to Petunia who stepped back as if mortally offended.

"She is here for Dumbledore. I think you should know Harry, that you are not alone. We all know about the prophecy, and we want to protect you - help you."

"Can you teach me to kill? Because no matter how much you want to help me, you can never teach me that."

Everyone stood in silence. It was true. Harry would need to kill or be killed, and who could live with death on their cinscience?

"Don't worry. Dumbledore will be here soon. He's bringing Hagrid I think." Lupin said, and they all stood with an avid anticipation...

(carry on!big grin)

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 11:18 PM
shaber
schizoid

Harry looked around at them all and his disgust deepened. Who did they think they were that they were worthy of his presence? An upsurge of nausea caused his throat to constrict as he took in their physical imperfections, Lupin's prematurely lined face, the Weasley's mottled skin, that hideous old mare that had made his life so miserable - why wasn't it in the cornices, whyever not?

Worst of all was Snape, he would never change, what was wrong with Dumbledore? Snape would never vary his dour outlook, his continuing insolence! It was Snape's fault that Sirius was dead, hadn't he goaded Sirius? called him a coward? The urge to strike at them all, to hurt them in whatever way possible rose inside him stronger than ever. He could not contain it, why should he? He hissed, breathing harder poised to attack, but at that moment a commotion downstairs interrupted his reverie.

"Filth! Weeds! Abominations! Spawn of evil and darkness! Leave this place! How dare you contaminate the house of my fathers! Take your infection elsewhere! " Mrs Black's shrieks cut through the air and caused everyone to glance towards the stairwell.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 10:23 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

"Sorry, I'm so sorry," wailed Tonks wringing her hands. Her pale heart shaped face and dark twinkling eyes were the same as Harry remebered them, but her hair was a vivid electric blue and close cropped in spikes. "I'm really clumsy, I couldn't help it. Wotcher Harry," she said, bounding over and clasping his forearms and trying to pull him into a bear hug.

Dumbledore, Hagrid and Tonks had entered the house. Apparently Tonks had once again tripped over the troll leg umbrella stand and awoken Mrs Black's portrait. Harry wrenched his arms away from her and stood dazed, his eyes stinging and his scar throbbing. Tonks stepped back looking hurt as Dumbledore sailed into room holding a roll of parchment.

"The deed to No 12 Grimmauld Place," he said beaming, his eyes twinkling. I make sure that every member of the Order makes their will under my personal supervision immediately prior to initiation. Sirius left everything to you Harry, with his blessings." Sirius. At the recollection of his godfather, Harry's head cleared. He took the deed from Dumbledore and spoke. "Where's Kreacher?"
"Kreacher has gone Harry." Said Dumbledore, surveying him down his long crooked nose.
"Lucky for him." Said Harry.
Once again, the powerful urge to strike Dumbledore, to sink his fangs into his side arose in Harry's breast, but he quelled it. The old fool had worn his heart on his sleeve that night! How dare he show such contemptible sentiments? Well, he could look out if he chose to be manipulated like that!

"I'm afraid that foray into occlumency may have left your defences low Harry." Said Dumbledore. Severus, I did warn you - "
"Indeed headmaster." Returned Snape, surveying Harry malevolently throguh a curtain of greasy black hair.

Last edited by shaber on Feb 15th, 2004 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 10:37 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

(THIS IS BECOMING GREAT!!!! big grin I'm only on for a minute so I'll have to write some tomorrow! big grin)

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 01:52 PM
Tela

(Can I bring in an O. C. char)

Made by the extremely awesome Starlock

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 02:22 PM
Tela is currently offline Click here to Send Tela a Private Message Find more posts by Tela Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Harry was in a long low roughly carved underground cavern lit by flickering torches that bathed them all in a bloody glow. He glared down at the goblin from his great height, his wide mad eyes piercing his mind. "That won't do," he hissed in a voice that caused the shadowy around him to shiver as though caught in an icy gust of wind. If the eldest isn't with us he is against us and Lord Voldemort will have to remove him."

"Remove him." Chimed the goblin in a hollow voice.

"Yes, Go," whispered Harry. As the goblin scuttled out of the cavern three figures swept inside, or rather two Dementors dragging a squat toadlike figure behind them. The Dementors deposited the figure at Harry's feet and glided out through the cavern entrance. The shape on the floor quivered like a sour mouldering jelly. Harry surveyed it in supreme disdain. "The destroyer of half breeds has paid us a visit." He said softly. "They say what you hate about yourself you hate about others!" Umbridge whimpered, grovelling on the rough stone floor. "Silence!" Said Harry contemptuously, the Dementors won't rend your soul, you would need one to begin with! I have a use for you - you will act as my eyes in the ministry for a brief spell. Thanks to Malfoy's bungling I no longer have a hold on the meddling fools." Umbridge croaked acquiescence. At once, the Dementors glided into the cave and dragged her away. Harry turned to one of the wizards standing by the cavern wall. "Macnair, tell Golgomath to proceed immediately to the underground station and cave it in. Tell him to kill all the Muggles above ground. We will need the distraction."

Harry turned to a burnished bronze mirror on the cavern wall and his reflection suddenly loomed out of the darkness, the terrible face, whiter than a skull with gleaming red eyes that flared in the torchlight...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 07:23 PM
shaber
schizoid

Harry awoke panting, his scar burning. He shivered. He had felt it again. He had been Voldemort. The memory of feeling Voldemort's thoughts that evening caused a rush of shame and nausea. How could he want to hurt the only ones he had left? "Get a grip." He told himself sternly. "You didn't want to hurt them. Voldemort did." But he wasn't convinced all the same.

There was a soft rap on the door and it opened. Light flooded onto his bed and he saw Tonks silhouetted in the doorway. "Harry?" She whispered. "Are you OK?"
"No!" Muttered Harry sullenly, wishing he could be more gracious.
"It's OK Harry, I know you're upset." Said Tonks, bounding across the room and seating herself down on the end of the bed. Harry saw that her hair was jet black and glimmered with a silky sheen.
"It's worse." Said Harry. "I wish I could keep Voldemort-" Tonks winced "out of my head, but sometimes I feel like I'm going mad..." Tonks put a finger to his lips and gently whispered for him to hush.

Last edited by shaber on Feb 16th, 2004 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 07:34 PM
Laviera_j

Mrs Weasley had made it her personal vendetta to make sure that Harry was well fed at all times. At the moment however, he hadn't felt less like eating that he did in his life.

Petunia, his aunt had been sent home with instructions that Harry hadn't heard. He actually couldn't care less. He was glad she was gone.

It was not until the last week before term that A knock came at the door. At forst Harry thought nothing of it. Most likely it would be Kingsely, or someone new. It felt like last year all over again...

He was - yet again - kneeling on the floor, his deepest memories been flown at Severus Snape. He was swaeting, and had gone grey at the lips from exhaustion. He looked at the clock, they had been going at it for eight hours without breaks.

Harry stood, and heard Snape mutter;

"Legilimens!"

He saw Snape, and he saw out of the corner of his eye the kitchen door opening. Suddenly, he stood and roared;

"Protego! Crucio!"

Snape had no time to react, Harry's mind saw flashes of a cryin boy, greasy and peaky, floods of pain from Snape, and anger. He looked at Snape and saw that he had projected the Crucio away.

"Potter!" He shouted, his nostrils bared. "You could have been arrested - "

"Harry!" It was Hermione. She looked shocked. She simply stood there staring, uncomprehending what she saw.

Harry looked at her, and an emotion filled him. He swore under his breath and thought, 'bloody filthy mudblood!'

Downstair he could hear Mrs Black screaming the same thing.

Harry pushed past Hermione, she fell sideways. As he passed Mrs Black he muttered,

"Shut up."

And she did.

Behind him Hermione followed.

"I need to talk to you" he called at her.

She followed, and Harry heard Snape call to Tonks. As he climbed the stairs to his room, the kitchen door was flapping to a stop. He saw Tonks and Snape ver close, and muttering furiosly.

Harmione ran up behind Harry and spun him around.

"Harry, he's been in you. I can see it."

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 12:09 AM
Laviera_j

[bold]Next Chapter: the hated ones[/bold]

Harry dreamt of Sirius. The flowing vale. Why was nothing simple anymore!

Harry was suffolcating, in his own skin. From the picti=ure frame in his wall came a soft laughing.

"Phinnius. What do you want? Spying on me?"

"Oh no dear boy. Simply wondering how you are coping with the loss of my dear Great Great Grandson?"

"Jst fine thank you."

"Oh good...tell me...how is the hate going for you? Feeling a bit self hating lately? I suppose you are feeling Voldemort more that you know...he hates you too. You are the hated ones. Weall ahet you you know. Bringing this down upon us."

Harry stood up and walked to the frame.

"Dumbledore." He said smiling. "He sent you to look after me."

Slowly Phinnius nodded.

"Well, tell him to mind his own business," Harry felt the serpent, "and be sure to mention the mudblood being here. I wouldn't want he to get hurt..."

Phinnius was gone is a flash.

Whithin two minutes he had returned.

"Albus Dumbledore says remember that there are worse things than death. He also says, Harry, remember Sirius..."

Suddenly Harry's heart cracked and tears fell down his face. The serpent was gone.

Phinnius too was gone, no doubt off to tell Dumbledore how he cried like a child.

"Damn it." He muttered and went towards Hermione's room.

Carry on! big grin

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 12:18 AM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

{ooc: Tela YES! big grin}

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:42 AM