KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME FIFTH ASSIGNMENT (COMBAT PATH)- 'Payback'

USH'S MATRIX GAME FIFTH ASSIGNMENT (COMBAT PATH)- 'Payback'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (60): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME FIFTH ASSIGNMENT (COMBAT PATH)- 'Payback'

FULL ASSIGNMENT DETAILS

Assignment Name: Payback

Details: This is not a Zion briefing. This is Dallas' on the spot operation, and hs been implemented by Marduk

The attempt to heist Jericho's team and retrieve the codes has failed. Jericho and his team have now returned to Melitus' realm.

Your missing crewmates- the Philosophy Path- are captives of Melitus, and strange things are happening where they are.

For both of these reasons, it is imperative that Melitus' realm be stormed immediately. Jericho and this team must be eliminated, the codes recovered, and your teammates rescued.

The mission is indeed simple but there are several major complications.

In about 45 minutes, the sentinel sweep will come into close proximity to either the Percy or Shez. Uf the ships are forced to move, the lief expectancy of those still trapped in the Matrix will be measured in seconds.

Jericho's team is intact from your last attack on them, and are on home ground. Melitus can also beck up Jericho's forces with those of his own. Your last fight with the crew of the Bounty did not go well...

Your missing crewmates cannot be accessed by your own efforts. Whilst you can storm the factory, the entrance to Melitus realm- which you still do not fully understand- can only be opened from the inside. One of the Philosophy players will have to do this. This is out of your hands,m but you understand that they will be making some form of inteernal effort.

Worst of all, Melitus appears to be in continuous control of things, apparently with the same powers as the Oracle, and impervious to (or more accurately, unaffected by) physical harm. Melitus is your undefetable enemy.

However, you have little choice, and must achieve what you can. Jericho and his men can be theoreticaly overcome by fighting well, and maybe improving your tactics. Someone- specificically Hephaestus- from the Philosophy team will have to handle opening the door for you.

And you will have to be fast. Three of the Philosophy players- Rade, Castor and Azrael- are doomed. They are in a situation they cannot escape. They cannot win, only survive, and eventually they will be killed. They must live until rescued. How long that is... is up to YOU. So you must bear in mind, that the amount of sequences they are going to have to live, is equal to the amount of sequences it takes you to reach them. That might get rather tense.

As for Melitus... perhaps your one compensation is that, invulnerable while he may be, he;s rather limited in what he can DO. But it is hard to feel safe whilst he is around. Still... let's see what transpires.

Your one advantage- again, you have surprise. Jericho is not aware that Ariadne has broken Melitus' encryption that prevented you leaving the Matrix. They still think you guys are badly shot up. That gives you one edge again.

COMMENTS- by Marduk

"I would be lying if I pretended this mission had been going well. We have been betrayed and outplayed from the staret, and our chance to strike back, went badly. Well, that is war. They have not killed us yet, and as I am sure Dallas can tell you, before they have done that, we can just try again, and again and again and we STILL have a chance to make ths right. We are playing every advantage we have now. We have broken Melitus's encryption, and have veen been tracking his activiites inside his Realm. We have one shot now, one final shot, to break everyone out, get those damn codes we came for in the first place- and end the Jericho situation, forever.

"As before, we must remember that Jericho and his crew are traitors to Zion- even though we are not sure exactly what they have betrayed us to- and they will not hesitiate to kill you. Drop them first. As ever... if you CAN talk Medea round, do so. We can guarantee we will do the best to find where the Bounty is hidden and recover her physical form. Bear in mind that this offer will involve you guaranteeing Jericho's death, else he will still control her by being able to destroy her physical form. If she does not think you can do that, she has no choice. In the final analysis, don't get killed trying to talk her around.

"This is our last chance for payback- don't waste it."

SPECIAL RULES:

Combat Mission: This designation for an Assignment means it is a mission where no stealth or subtlety is in any way required. Therefore the Concealment rules will not be used- you may simply take as much gear as you can carry!

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT

USB key- Just as in the first Assignment, only this time, you need to take it FROM Jericho's team. The laptop is no good to you now- one of Jericho's team will have the USB device the info is on.

Unknown- There is a small piece of equipment, 0/0, that is a mystery, but one of you- preferably from the Shez- MUST carry it. No further details will be given at this time, but please nominate someone.

ESTIMATED DANGER LEVEL: Extreme. This mission is technically more dangerous than you can reasonably handle. Luckily (for you guys, anyway!) a lot of that risk is being shouldered by the doomed Philosophy guys. However, your part is still extremely dangerous.

TIPS:

Ok, same tips as last time, in that good planning will pay off. Of course, this is a bit more of a leap into the unknown, so you cannot plan meticulously. But let us hope, because you guys are quite experienced now, that you have got the vibe of the right way to do things this time.

Other than that... just give it your best shot.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 18th, 2004 at 01:03 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Loadout

It is five minutes before the mission started. You guys were in the Loadout room, selecting your weaponry before the big shooting match starts. Best hurry!

-

Here you may chose what you are, will be, or have taken into the Matrix whilst on Assignment

When you load up for this mission, you must worry about two things

1. How much you can hide (Bulk)
2. How much you can physically carry (Weight)

Everything you carry with you has a weight and bulk rating. If you go over weight, you start losing skill and speed. If you go over bulk, the fact that you are carrying fourteen tons of artillery with you may be noticed. If you are under bulk then your weapons will not be spotted except in a detailed search or security scanner.

The maximum amount of bulk you can carry is 14 points worth. This assumes you are wearing one of those huge trenchcoats. If you are not carrying much, you can chose to wear something slimmer. Trinity, for example, wears an outfit that cannot conceal a damn thing...

Do remember, though, that you only need to worry about bulk IF YOU INTEND TO CONCEAL THE OBJECT!

The amount of weight you can carry is three points more than your strength- so a strength 7 character can carry ten points of weight, a strength 10 character can carry 13 points worth, and so on.

Remember you must take account of these two separate numbers

Here are the bulk/weight numbers:

General

Shades: 0/0
Watch: 0/0
Wallet: 0/0
Mobile Phone: 0/0
Clip (pistol): 1/.5 (Glock 18- 2/1)
Clip (SMG): 2/1 (Ingrams- 1.5/1)
Clip (assault rifle/shotgun/sniper rifle): 3/2

Advanced Lightning Reload reduces the bulk of clips by .5.

Guns- with magazine loaded

Beretta 85FS .380 Security Pistol: 2/2
Glock 17: 3/2
Glock 18: 4/3
Sig-Saur P229: 4/4
.50 AE Desert Eagle: 5/4
Ingrams Mac 10: 4/3
HK MP5K: 6/5
Dlask Tactical Entry Shotgun: 9/6
HK MP5: 9/6
M16 Assault Rifle: 12/6
HK PSG-1: 12/8

Weaponry

Knife: 2/1
Nunchukas: 3/2
Staff: 12/4
Small staff (walking stick): 8/4
Spear: 15/4
Sword: 10/4
Axe: 9/5
Exotic (sais, hook swords etc.): 4/4
Throwing Knife: 2/1
Throwing Star: 1/.5

-

Note- remember this is a Combat Mission so ignore Bulk, only worry about Weight.

Once you are done, we can start!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:16 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Note- I have uploaded, as best I can, everyone's new loadouts, but please do check. Mors and Cloud in particular may want to change things- some accounting issues meant I had to prune back Mors' skills to lower than he wanted, and Cloud has points spare, now his stats are in.

I won't allow changes once the fight starts, so make sure you are happy!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 7th, 2004 at 11:23 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:18 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors enters the load-out, already clothed in his usual black trench coat, black shirt and pants, and red vest. He clips his rimless shades to his nose, then reaches for the weapons.

He grabs his usual katana, the hilt and scabbard black like his clothes, and a Glock 18.

(What are my MA and Guns totals?)

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:56 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Check out the Download area- right now they are 13/13

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:57 PM
REXXXX
Networking

(That's crappy... stick out tongue)

(Does Bulk matter right now?)

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:59 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think I said no...

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 10:00 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors then picks up four extra Glock 18 clips.

He looks around at the crew of the Shez. Let's try to get through this without casualties... he thinks to himself.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 10:13 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Don't forget your phone," Ares says, tossing one to Mors.

He is already wearing his dark gray trench coat, camo pants, and gray tank top, so he grabs his shades and cell phone, putting the shades on and sliding the phone into his pocket.

He cocks his MP5 then grabs seven more clips.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 10:39 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Ready Ares?"
Burn Enters wearing his Leather trenchcoat and his dark sunglasses.
He pickes up his phone, wallet and Watch.
He walks over to the heavy weaponry.
"Hmm, I don't think the shotgun's gonna cut it this time around,so its time to break out the bad boy." Grabs M16. 4 M16 clips

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 03:14 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors looks over at Burn. "We'll bring extra clips in the car, just in case..."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:27 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I'll just go and see wht I can spend my points on, but I'll take my usual. (wallet, watch, shades, phone, katana)

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 07:48 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Don't forget for someone to take the Mystery!

Marduk comes in over the line.

"I have one other order for you," he says. "It is an unsuaul one, but it is very important it is obeyed.

If, when you come across Rade, Azrael or Castor, they are acting oddly... kill them."

BtVS

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 11:25 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Ares raises an eyebrow. "Wha..."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 02:44 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors goes cold. "I am sure they will be fine once we get to them..." Mors says unconvincingly through his worry.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 02:45 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Cloud looks at Marduk, "You want us to kill our teammates and friends?"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 02:46 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(Do we know about the clones, Ush?)

"They'll be fine," he says quite firmly to Cloud. "There will be nothing wrong with them once we find them. We can save them."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 02:48 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

"I hope you're right" Cloud says a bit uneasily

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 02:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"If the worst comes to the worst and you hesitate," says Marduk, "they might kill you first, Cloud. So be careful."

BtVS

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 03:09 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

OK who's gonna take the mystery Item?
Perferably a good MA person. Im gonna nominate either Mors or Cloud.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 08:20 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote