KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Bird and Parcells comments

Bird and Parcells comments
Started by: wuTa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wuTa

Bird and Parcells comments

i just wanted to hear what you guys think of parcells and birds comments....i dont think parcells comments were justified but birds comment did make a point except the part were he said he didnt like bein guarded by someone who's white

i thought about makin this thread in the OTF but i think it would get closed in 2 seconds

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 05:43 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

I think Parcells can say just about anything he likes--he can talk the talk like he walks the walk. I think his accomplishments speak for themselves. I actually didn't hear what it was that Bird had to say, but I do wish that athletes had enough class to realize that your race has nothing to do with your ability. Even the strongest man in the world won't acheive to the fullest of his potential if he thinks he can't lose due to the superior engineering of his body. The body is just a part of the person's overall strength.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 02:56 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

OK, the Bird comments have been taken WAY out of context.

I heard the interview, and it went something like this:

Jim Gray: Larry, would you like to see more white superstars in the NBA?

Larry Bird: Yeah, I would. When I was in the NBA, we had me and Kevin, and some others. I'd like to see more because you like to see people who look like you out there on the court... (etc)

He was asked a question, he answered it, and was actually backed up by Magic!

Also, he made fun of white players, when he said that he would be "offended" if the other team would put a white defender on him--he joked that it was showing disrespect to him

Get off Larry's back, he didn't say anything wrong.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 06:39 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

What can you say against Larry Bird?

What he said pisses people off because he's so brutally honest. White guys suck at D in the NBA. They aren't as athletic as whites.

Sure there are exceptions, but for the most part, Americans initally breeded blacks to be the biggest and most athletic.

Who wanted to have a small slave? The biggest, strongest slave on the plantation was the one who knocked up all the black girls because the master wanted better slaves in the future. And this went on for decades.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 06:58 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
OK, the Bird comments have been taken WAY out of context.

I heard the interview, and it went something like this:

Jim Gray: Larry, would you like to see more white superstars in the NBA?

Larry Bird: Yeah, I would. When I was in the NBA, we had me and Kevin, and some others. I'd like to see more because you like to see people who look like you out there on the court... (etc)

He was asked a question, he answered it, and was actually backed up by Magic!

Also, he made fun of white players, when he said that he would be "offended" if the other team would put a white defender on him--he joked that it was showing disrespect to him

Get off Larry's back, he didn't say anything wrong.

hey why dont you get off my back...this aint an anti-bird thread..i saw the interview too and he didnt say he would be offended he said he was offended when he i 1st heard it i lauged but that i reflected on it and what i dont get is how he could be ofended by a white guy guardin him when he had kevin mchale on his team who guarded him all the time in practice...mchale is white and he could defend and if he wasnt a celtic he would have guarded bird..now would that have been disrespectful to birds game?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 07:16 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
hey why dont you get off my back...this aint an anti-bird thread..i saw the interview too and he didnt say he would be offended he said he was offended when he i 1st heard it i lauged but that i reflected on it and what i dont get is how he could be ofended by a white guy guardin him when he had kevin mchale on his team who guarded him all the time in practice...mchale is white and he could defend and if he wasnt a celtic he would have guarded bird..now would that have been disrespectful to birds game?

I don't think that Bird would have been offended by having McHale guard him. Its just that in a game, he wanted respect and he as well as everybody else knew that stereotypically, the best basketball players were black so he didn't think he was getting respect as a good basketball player if he's not guarded by the best guy.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 08:04 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote