KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » The Top-10 Most UNIQUE X-Men

Just make a choice.
This poll is closed.
Jury's List 6 12.24%
Flavinho's List 2 4.08%
DezW's List 8 16.33%
Paola's List 12 24.49%
RoguePw25's List 16 32.65%
"walangalam" - people who knows nothing about the X-Men 5 10.20%
Total: 49 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Top-10 Most UNIQUE X-Men
Started by: Jury

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jury
Extreme Member

Cool The Top-10 Most UNIQUE X-Men

The Top-10 Most UNIQUE X-Men

After a series of invitations and submissions of interesting lists, the job has finally done, and is now ready for voting. I am very sorry for those who didn't make it up to the last hour. The wait is too long for me to process the upcoming submissions. You can, anyway, join in the future topics.

So here are the considerable lists submitted by some interested buddies. Take some time reading their submissions and try to compare which list deserves a credit then VOTE for it. That is the requirement.

If you have something in mind regarding of the lists, just let it come out and tell us what you think about it. All sort of opinions are welcome.

If you don't vote, don't complain! cool

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:09 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

what list???? blink

(i'm lost.. or not up to time.. confused )

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:25 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Jury and Flavinho

Jury’s List
Before everything gets done, I already have this list and challenged everyone to make their own lists themselves…

#10. The isolated world of Rogue
Power-absorbing mutants are not unique generally. There are a lot of them in the Marvel Mainstream Universe (not sure actually). What makes Rogue unique to me is that she absorbs them and make use with it (wee! I sound safe here)… but her power isolates her from the world of the rest!

#9. Havok versus cosmic energies
There are some X-Men and villains alike who, in one way or another, possessed similar power to Havok as energy-absorbing mutant (i.e. Bishop, Strong Guy), which generally makes his power so common. But I included him in my list because he has a unique manner of dealing his powers – his costume. Yes, his costume matters. He had to wear a protective suit just to contain the intensity of his power. I’m not so sure some other mutants have the same characteristic.

#8. Nightcrawler’s tail
I like Kurt’s teleportation ability, blend in shadows, and gymnastic talent. But it doesn’t make him unique. I included him in my list because of his “prehensile” tail.

#7. Psylocke and her psychic blade
Well, that’s what makes her unique. Imagine, with her psychic blade, she could disable her opponents without causing them physical harm.

#6. Shadowcat: the intangible X-man
In Marvel Universe, her power is not unique. There are some to be considered as intangible like the Avengers’ hero, Vision. But as an X-man, I consider her to be unique because no X-man can ever walk through walls, stride harmlessly through a hail of bullets and even dance on air, all at the same time! She’s still indeed the ‘pryde’ of the X-Men! Not to mention, the only X-man I know of, having a pet with her – Lockheed.

#5. Gambit: The energy of physics
The only mutant I know who deals with cards, and charges things with explosive energies as well.

#4. The Man who multiplies
Well, who else can generate up to 40 duplicates of himself, each capable of independent thoughts?

#3. Color your day with Polaris
Lorna Dane is unique because she has a green hair, green eyes, not to mention her both mystic and latent powers. Her power was to make flowers change their colors! Unique, right?

#2. Domino: Against all odds
I like Domino’s power… and a great partner to Cable’s temperament, I recommend! Domino can psionically change the negative moods and switch all odds to agree on her side.

#1. The Bolts of Storm
Who else can control the weather patterns as well as the atmospheric and space properties of the earth and the rest of the planets? Well, she’s a powerful mutant and in the contrary, a claustrophobic! That’s what makes her unique.

P.S.: I wanted to add Cyclops in my list because of his optic blast but I just thought Superman has similar ability and his power is so common. The same thing applies to Iceman, Jean Grey and Colossus. Freezing, telepathy, telekinesis, and super-human strength are used exaggeratedly… and annoyingly by Marvel and DC.

Flavinho's List
Well here is my list, tried to make the smaller as possible...

#10. Toad
I would give nothing for someone with the powers of a toad, but this character knows to use his powers being a very agile one, though not so intelligent.

#9. Jubilee
To make fireworks is not a very usual power. May not be useful, but it's cool and the character brings pre-teens and children to know the X-Men.

#8. Shadowcat
At least once in life everyone has already said: "if I could just look what's going on behind that wall..." well she can know what's going on.

#7. Dazzler
She’s one of the first mutants to assume her mutation. Her jobs make her unique too, as she's a mutant-singer whose powers help her shows.

#6. Sage
She’s intelligent, cool look, personality and high technology. This makes Sage unusual and special, as I think that even for a mutant she's considered strange. And that's just cool.

#5. Gambit
Coolness is his name. Energy manipulation and cards in an explosive combination, and unique personality that mixes good and bad in same amount, and a Cajun whose style and personality captivates everyone.

#4. Mystique
There are many "metamorphers", but no one has such a weird look and even so gets to be so gorgeous and posh as her. Her intelligence linked to her power is one of her most dangerous weapons.

#3. Rogue
In my point of view she can have every power (with some limitations) and no power...that's just great, and her life-story is also unique.

#2. Storm
Controlling the weather is one of the mot amazing powers if used right and she knows to use it being a heroine or a hurtful if she wants. Her conflicted but always-calm mind makes her a very strong person with many subjects to be explored.

#1. Magneto
Most villains who are intelligent and powerful are insane, while he is definitely not. He's intelligent, mature, strong, powerful AND evil. There is also all his conflict with his best friend, what makes him really unique as any villain has a friendship with someone who represents the opposite of them and their ideas.

P.S.: I'd like to put Professor X because he founded the X-men and is one of the most powerful mutants, but there are already so many of his kind that I gave up...

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:26 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

DezW and Paola

DezW’s List
Here is my list:

#10. Psylocke, the girl with purple hair
Oh, I missed to add in the list Nocturne's or Kurt's beautiful blue hair... But I like the purple either! That makes her unique... she is naturally purple.

#9. Shadowcat and Lockheed
She is the only one who has a dragon as a pet. And a very cute one!

#8. Gambit's eyes
I don't know... why does he have red eyes??? They are scary...

#7. Cyclops - the father of two sons
He has two sons but he couldn't have a real family. You know, the good old one. Hmmm… and he never had to do anything to have Nate Gray... Hehehe I am naughty.

#6. The writer
Pyro is the master of flames, and a famous romance writer either! He can show his feminine side.

#5. Storm the goddess
She is a true weather goddess. A goddess - and a thief!

#4. A flower of South
I like Rogues accent. That makes her unique I think.

#3. The optimist Morph
He always looks happy and tries to cheer up his teammates. Sometimes he is annoying... but he is the most loveable one in the Exiles team.

#2. Nocturne: the singer.
She has a famous father. That makes her unique. And her voice. She is the singer of the Butt Monkey. And she is bad!!

#1. Nightcrawler: the father
I choose him because I love him... Anyway, I think he is a very good father someone I always wished. He is unique because his father in law is Magneto.

P.S.: Jean's and Xavier's powers are annoying. A lot of mutants have the power of telekinesis and telepathy... It runs in the family, Rachel Summers has it too.

Paola’s List:
Sorry if it sucks

#10 Jean Grey
She’s probably the X-Men character with more deaths.

#9 Rogue
Invulnerability, flying and super strength, sure are great powers, who wouldn't want them? But what ruins the perfection is that little absorption power of hers, which forces her to live with a little amount of everyone she's touched, and with the pain of not being able to touch or be touched, by the ones she love

#8 Dr. Cecilia Reyes
A mutant who has sworn to cure and protect, doesn't make use of her mutant powers like the X-Men, but does a great job on helping mutants and humans as well with her medical abilities

#7 Angel
A millionaire playboy, manipulated physically and mentally by Apocalypse. He was a fallen angel who was a hero first and later Death itself.

#6 Nightcrawler
Teleporting abilities and his father being the demon himself with the contradiction of him believing in God and tried to dedicate his life to Him, sound pretty unique for me.

#5 Rachel Summers
A telepath, daughter of Cyclops and Jean Grey of the X-Men. She was used as a mutant hunter and killer in an alternate future, those lines on her face were put there to mark her as one.

#4 Firestar
With the ability to generate microwaves and fire them at will, Angelica Jones was the personal bodyguard of the White Queen

#3 Spiral
Manipulated and turned into a six-armed warrior by Mojo, Spiral lives in Mojo-world and from there is the owner of her Body-Shop

#2 Psylocke
The underrated telepath of the X-Men. A British mutant changed into an Asian body with Psylocke acquired ninja skills and the ability to create a knife with her telepathic mutant powers.

#1 Elektra
Not a member of the X-Men but she has joined them in a few adventures in alternate realities. A skilled ninja assassin with no mutant power only has her ‘hate’ or revulsion as her most powerful weapon.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:32 AM
Jury
Extreme Member

RoguePw25

RoguePw25’s List

#10. Iceman
* He is a funny guy and I absolutely love him.
* His powers of ice have had many evolutions. One time, he was trapped into his ice form and couldn’t transform back into his human form.
* I liked how he was in Evolution. He had a lot of funny lines. The only thing I didn’t like was the fact that he was apart of the New Recruits.

#9. Wolverine
* His only real mutant power is his healing factor. The claws are the result of the Weapon X program. Nevertheless, he is still a really good character.
* I like the way he was portrayed in Evolution. He wasn’t ‘nice’ persay, but he had a hard personality.
* I hate how Movie Logan gets sooooo much more attention than the rest. Yeah he’s good, but so are a lot of others. (like Storm or Shadowcat for example)

#8. Havok
* First off, for a guy, Havok has some really cool pics too. When he was having problems with his powers, Professor X gave him a special uniform for him to where in order to help him control his powers.
* Being a Summers brother, Sinister was interested in him a little. Sinister separated him from Cyclops. Their reunion was great because I had no clue that Scott had a brother.
* He helped reform X-Factor, a leader just like Scott.
* When he was whammed into another dimension, he had married Madelyn Pry and had a son with her: Scotty.

#7. Polaris
* I like the fact about her being the daughter of Magneto. She’s his genetic daughter, which would explain her similar powers of magnetism.
* I loved her pairing with Havok. They looked good together.
* She too has some really good outfits and uniforms.
* Most mutants just have a mutation and have powers, but Polaris has powers but also has physical mutation. Her green hair stands out. She was born with green hair.
* I like her story with how her powers manifested. Saxton needed a mutant with magnetic powers to control his army of Demi-Men and kidnapped Polaris and placed her in a genetic stimulator and awakened her magnetic powers. This is where the rumor of her being Magneto’s daughter first emerged. Robot Magneto told Polaris that she was his daughter.

#6. Cyclops
* In the Animated Series, Cyclops was a really neat guy. But I’m kind of steamed at him for cheating on Jean with that **** Emma Frost.
* He, like Rogue, cannot control his power of optic vision due to the fall when his dad pushed him and Havok out of the plane when he was younger.
* I like the fact that Mr. Sinister became obsessed with Scott and Jean. He stole their DNA creating Nate Grey.
*And when Cyclops merged with Apocalypse was an interesting story too. He did this in order to save Nate.

#5. Psylocke
* She has a neat uniform and not stank like Emma. (sorry Emma fans)
* Her telepathic powers are a bit different from what I’m used to. She has physic knives that I think are just awesome. This would stun her enemies. Very cool.
* When she was able to Shadow Teleport was good too. Like I said above, Psylocke’s powers are very unique. Kurt can teleport, but Psylocke was able to transport herself between shadows, which gave her a great appeal.
* I loved that she dated Angel. Angel was good for her. When she was pregnant, no one knew who the father was. Then it was revealed that it was Angel’s and I absolutely loved that story. (at least I think.)

#4. Jean Grey/Phoenix
* She is very powerful, thanks to the help of the Phoenix Force.
* I loved the Dark Phoenix Saga in the comics. That had to be Jean’s best storyline ever. Then when I saw it on The Animated Series, I was soooo hooked. Jean couldn’t control the Phoenix and it possessed her body... the whole works. I loved it. It was defiantly a storyline grabber.
* Also in the comics, when she finds out that Scott cheated on her with Emma, she has a mind-to-mind war with Emma. I thought that was hilarious.
* The fact that she has two powers makes her different: Telekinesis, and Telepathy.
* She was the first that we’ve seen to have this combination of power back in the Marvel Girl days. (now you have Nate Grey and several other characters with this combination of powers)

#3. Storm
* Being called the Weather Witch, her powers to manipulate the weather is awesome.
* She always has to make sure that her emotions are in check. If they aren’t, her powers could easily get out of control.
* Her costumes makes her look powerful. She may have the best pics of all the X-men.
*She’s claustrophobic, which adds some drama to her life.
* Storm is a direct descendant from a long line of African princesses, who were known for performing great magic. Her heritage is unique.

#2. Gambit
* He’s an ex-thief. He’s not a “goody good” yet at the same time, he’s not a bad villain.
His character is interesting. He’s the Cajun Spice, or the joker from his deck of cards. The Joker fits his personality great!
Gambit: "Maybe dat's b'cause I'm no X-Man. I'm the JOKER in the deck...dey're heroes. I'm a thief."
* His powers are waaaaay cool.
* The mystery of Gambit being the 3rd Summers brother is good. I love the storyline and I hope its true. He’s an orphan and was raised by his adoptive dad. The door is wide open for him to be the long lost Summers Brother.
* He betrayed the X-men a whole bunch of times. But always seems to come back to the team . . .

#1. Rogue
* Her powers of absorbing is unique. She isn’t like other mutants who have control, or at least some control of there power. She can’t control her absorbing.
* Ms. Marvel’s powers make her even better. We have the mystery of why she permanently absorbed her powers. Was it because she held on to long or what?? This mystery makes her #1.
* She’s with Gambit, who I absolutely love.
* When she found out that Mystique was her foster mom, she freaked! And then, adding Nightcrawler as her “brother” was beautifully done.
* Rogue has had many interesting storylines, but one of my favorites have to be when she absorbed the mutant alien known as Z’Caan ability to shape-shift and was able to manifest the powers of people she’d absorbed over the years. When the X-men went to go look for Destiny’s Diaries, Sage boosted Rogue’s powers and she was able to manifest multiple powers at once. I absolutely loved this! She was a one-woman army and could “at will” use the powers of people she’d touched before.

PS.: Favorites like Angel wasn’t added because I didn’t like how he changed when he went through the Apocalypse change. His wings were changed to metal and I didn’t like that. But he is still a good character. He would probably be #11. Shadowcat and Collossus might have made the list, because I liked there romance, but thinking of them individually; I find others who had a little something extra.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:37 AM
Jury
Extreme Member

Now, VOTE! cool

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:40 AM
Clovie

my list would have only two places stick out tongue

*voting...*

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:44 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Well, I don't have a choice but to vote for my OWN list, of course.
Just to be 'fair'. big grin

Paola! How dare you cited Elektra into your list! It's just unfair! laughing out loud
Why haven't I thought that before? big grin

Dezzie, you noted Morph to be one who cheers up his teammates... but Jamie Madrox (Multiple Man) was more remarkable because of being the team's joker, I should say. wink

If Nocturne can sing... Dazzler does. big grin

Flavio, good point for citing Magneto's uniqueness. wink

and RoguePw25, as i said, I never consider Bobby to be a unique X-Men... his power is elemental and soooo common. Nice list though.
Good job!

Btw, thank you for joining. big grin

But still, my vote goes to my list ALONE. I've got to be selfish at this point!

cool

Old Post May 12th, 2004 09:22 AM
Gaca
KATIUSHA

and of COURSE, nobody waited for MY LIST. Great, great erm

Old Post May 12th, 2004 12:43 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

quote:
Originally posted by Jury Copeland
Well, I don't have a choice but to vote for my OWN list, of course.
Just to be 'fair'. big grin
and RoguePw25, as i said, I never consider Bobby to be a unique X-Men... his power is elemental and soooo common. Nice list though.
Good job!

Btw, thank you for joining. big grin

But still, my vote goes to my list ALONE. I've got to be selfish at this point!

cool

Umm, Bobby has changed a lot, I'd have to admit. But I'm thinking of the old comic book Bobby, when he was funny. But I get ya Jury.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:59 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

I can barely see that. Blue writing on black background, not very good no

Old Post May 12th, 2004 03:19 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

i voted. for myself. Naturally

Old Post May 12th, 2004 05:52 PM
Flavio is currently offline Click here to Send Flavio a Private Message Find more posts by Flavio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunspot
One of a Kind

I won't vote cause I don't agree with any of the lists

Old Post May 12th, 2004 08:02 PM
Sunspot is currently offline Click here to Send Sunspot a Private Message Find more posts by Sunspot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sunspot
I won't vote cause I don't agree with any of the lists

...or else you might reason out WHY? cool

Old Post May 13th, 2004 03:11 AM
Jason Horan
Defender of the Innocent

Well Paola always backs me up so naturally im gonna pick her big grin Friends stick together thumb up

"The strength of Love is governed by the two that hold it"

Old Post May 13th, 2004 05:13 AM
Jason Horan is currently offline Click here to Send Jason Horan a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Horan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

Umm... I picked Rouge's list. Paola, you are a close second! wink

Old Post May 13th, 2004 05:15 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Thanks Valley . ..

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post May 14th, 2004 12:16 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

I'm gonna include Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, too, and anyone else I want from the marvel universe as well.

10. Kitty Pryde.
9. Beast. beauty and brains.
8. Nightcrawler. Very cool.
7. Magneto. Alawys loved the idea of him and Rogue gettin' down and havin' babies. I know that'll irk all the Rogue and Gambit fans--but hey, that's what these polls are for--to state our opinions.
6. Storm. Master of natural disater. Bitchen powers.
5. Colossus. A small but loyal following. I dig that man very much.
4. Sabretooth. Bad to the bone.
3. Mystique. Self-serving--and completely a slave to her own agenda. Shape-shifters are the ultimate.
2. Wolverine. The ultimate survivor.
1. Rogue. The potential for her power is absolutely limitless. On the other hand, she sacrifices her sanity as she gains power--the brain is a very confined space, and there's a lot of people vying for superiority in there. My very favorite all-time X-member.

Old Post May 14th, 2004 05:02 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

thanx Jason & Valle happy
I'm voting for mine 'cause I did it roll eyes (sarcastic) but my favorite is Rogue's yes

by Scythe

Old Post May 14th, 2004 07:11 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Re: RoguePw25

quote:
Originally posted by Jury Copeland
RoguePw25’s List

#5. Psylocke
* She has a neat uniform and not stank like Emma. (sorry Emma fans)
* Her telepathic powers are a bit different from what I’m used to. She has physic knives that I think are just awesome. This would stun her enemies. Very cool.
* When she was able to Shadow Teleport was good too. Like I said above, Psylocke’s powers are very unique. Kurt can teleport, but Psylocke was able to transport herself between shadows, which gave her a great appeal.
* I loved that she dated Angel. Angel was good for her. When she was pregnant, no one knew who the father was. Then it was revealed that it was Angel’s and I absolutely loved that story. (at least I think.)

What?? where??? how????

by Scythe

Old Post May 14th, 2004 07:24 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote