KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Famous Line of the Movies/Books

Famous Line?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
One Ring to Rule them all... (Gandalf) 5 16.67%
But if I should return, think better of me (Faramir) 1 3.33%
Wake up! Don't leave me here alone! Don't go where I can't follow... (Sam) 2 6.67%
I am no man (Eyown) 2 6.67%
I will break him (Witch-King) 2 6.67%
Fly you fools (Gandalf) 2 6.67%
I see you (Sauron) 1 3.33%
Bilbo Baggins, at your service (Bilbo) 0 0%
My precious (Gollum) 5 16.67%
Other 10 33.33%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Famous Line of the Movies/Books
Started by: Jaro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

What do you think is the most famous line?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 10:17 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

One ring to rule them all....

thatll be the most famous one beacuse it practly sums up the mive?! lol....everyone nos it.....hopefullymessed

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 04:20 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Let me try that again: What is your favorite line/saying

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 11:10 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alantie

MAKE SHAVE THE SHITY (king theoden)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 06:58 PM
alantie is currently offline Click here to Send alantie a Private Message Find more posts by alantie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapscallion

For me, the best line is when Gandalf says in response to Frodo's says "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 11:20 PM
Rapscallion is currently offline Click here to Send Rapscallion a Private Message Find more posts by Rapscallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Two of my favourite lines. (Don't remember them completly though).

Sam: I know I can't carry your burden mister Frodo, but I can carry you.

And.

Theoden: Where is the horse and the rider, where is the horn that was blowing. Days have passed like rain on the mountains, like wind in the meddow. The days have gone down in the west, beyond the hills, into shadow.

As I said I don't remember them exactly.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 10:32 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

"Wake up! Don't leave me here alone! Don't go where I can't follow"
Is the most cherishes, by me, quote in the poll. But I cannot choose which is my favorite.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 09:06 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Lecter
Cannibalistic Physician

I like the "One Ring to Rule Them All" line.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 08:56 PM
Doctor Lecter is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Lecter a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Lecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I like Gandalf's line in Moria:
"You shall not pass! I am a member of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor!"

(I might've gotten that a bit wrong, I don't have the book in front of me!)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 11:52 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I'm kind of fond to the line
"I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee...here at the end of all things."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 12:58 AM
Dusty

I liked....

Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:57 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Although I didn't read the post where you changed the topic to favourite, so I voted for My Precious, I do really enjoy the Boromir, Faramir and Denethor realtionship.

Therefore my favourite is "But if I should return father, think better of me"

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 11:25 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Let me try that again: What is your favorite line/saying

The most famous would be One Ring to rule them all... if any. So I changed it to favorite

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 07:21 PM
Vash Stampede
Humanoid Typhoon

Aragorn: Sons of Gondor, of Rohan. My brothers I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me A day may come when the courage of man will fails when we for sake our friends and break all bounds of fellowship. But to day is not that day a hour of wolfs and shatter shields when the age of man comes crashing down but to day is not this. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you, stand men of the West

ye not gilty

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 07:21 PM
Vash Stampede is currently offline Click here to Send Vash Stampede a Private Message Find more posts by Vash Stampede Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkman87
Captain of Gondor Boromir

Mine is I am no man. That sentence really suprised of me. It is ashamed that Faramir could not fight with Witch King. You know what they tell a woman sometimes does the work while men cannot.

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side now here in this country of ours... you, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land. They have become our sons as well

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 06:03 AM
Darkman87 is currently offline Click here to Send Darkman87 a Private Message Find more posts by Darkman87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vash Stampede
Humanoid Typhoon

the same fear that would take the heart of me A day may come when the courage of man will fails when we for sake our friends and break all bounds of fellowship. But to day is not that day a hour of wolfs and shatter shields when the age of man comes crashing down but to day is not this. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you, stand men of the West
is the best line

ye not gilty

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 08:08 PM
Vash Stampede is currently offline Click here to Send Vash Stampede a Private Message Find more posts by Vash Stampede Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

^ yes but not the most famous

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 07:27 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lioness command

GIMLI!

"Certainty of Death.............Small chance of success...........WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR!!!!!"

Attachment: gimli.jpg
This has been downloaded 49 time(s).

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 08:01 PM
lioness command is currently offline Click here to Send lioness command a Private Message Find more posts by lioness command Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charles19

Famous...

I can't live without you.. Because you are my most memorable person for me...

Old Post May 13th, 2010 10:19 AM
Charles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Charles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Charles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drake mayers
Restricted

Account Restricted

My precious ring

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 02:35 PM
drake mayers is currently offline Click here to Send drake mayers a Private Message Find more posts by drake mayers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote