KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Aragorn vs Eragon (no dragon)

Aragorn vs Eragon (no dragon)
Started by: Incanus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

Aragorn vs Eragon (no dragon)

Straight up sword fight, who wins?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 01:13 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aragorn, usually.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 01:59 AM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Eragon has superhuman speed and is stronger than any human could hope to be.

Aragorn ages slower than other humans.

I'd give this to Eragon, solely because he is Paolini's masturbatory fantasy given form. If you changed it into a badassery contest Ellesar would win handily.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 03:15 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yeah, but Aragorn has around 70 to 80 years to perfect his swordsmanship, while Eragon can be fast and fight along time. So can Aragorn, as he sprinted for 3 days straight to catch up to the Uruk Hai, with little rest. Oh, and this is the BOOK Elessar, not the under made movie one. Just to be clear. I forgot to mention it but Eragon has NO WAY he could match the swordsmanship of Aragorn. And he relies on his dragon just as much as himself, so he couldnt win this fight, as Aragorn has fought solo alot. It would be a VERY good fight, but Aragorn would win, with some to many wounds. And remember, Eragon has no magic. And Anduril has practically no way to break except with the weight of MILLIONS of tons, as that is how heavy Sauron was. Or very bad falling angles........ But it CANT be cut in 2.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:21 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Eragon has been noted to be an incredible swordsman. In his duels with Murtaugh (sp?) even before he gained 'kickass elf powers' (tm) he was 'the best fighter he [Murtaugh] had ever met. Brom had similar accolades for him. Later, once he had been given the haxor elf physiology he easily took out what was (by all indications) a reasonably powerful supernatural swordsman. The elves in that universe are flashier and more ridiculous (although less cool) than in Tolkien's.

Eragon has speed: he is now far faster than any human ever.
Eragon has strength: he jumped ~15 feet into the air and accidentally threw his sword through a tree.
Eragon has skill: he out dueled a classically trained swordsman, a shade (supernatural being) without being buffed, and a superhuman enemy (that elf) after being buffed.

Aragorn, even from the books, is never indicated to be anything more than a peak human. Sure, he's badass, and he has been at war for ever, but Paolini is amping his Mary Sue with all his strength.

By the books, Eragon takes this.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 02:48 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yeah, Eragon has all that, but does he have the will to fight a guy that can stare at you and make u feel like u have been attacked? And what about Anduril, when it was named Narsil, it struck fear into the hearts of all but Isildur, Anarion, Elendil, Amandil, Gil-Galad(possibly) and Sauron. (their heirs to) Who says Eragon wouldnt have just freaked out at the sight of a badass guy that almost hurts u with a stare weilding a sword that is scaring u? Sure, Eragons sword can ccatch on fire whenever he says "Brisingr" but that dosnt matter, as Aragorns sword can take it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:39 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
Yeah, Eragon has all that, but does he have the will to fight a guy that can stare at you and make u feel like u have been attacked?

Yes. Much of the magic involved is sheer mental fortitude.

quote:

And what about Anduril, when it was named Narsil, it struck fear into the hearts of all but Isildur, Anarion, Elendil, Amandil, Gil-Galad(possibly) and Sauron. (their heirs to)

Source? Also: That sounds wicked awesome.

quote:

Who says Eragon wouldnt have just freaked out at the sight of a badass guy that almost hurts u with a stare weilding a sword that is scaring u?

Well, it is very unlikely that he would freak. Eragon dealt with a mental assault after killing the first Shade and still went on to kill another one. He has also dealt with the RaZac, which have the ability to cause fear in humans automatically. As in, that's how they hunt us. Fear hasn't been a concern for him. (Because kristofer P. is too busy making him invincible :madsmile

quote:

Sure, Eragons sword can ccatch on fire whenever he says "Brisingr" but that dosnt matter, as Aragorns sword can take it.

In badassery maybe. This will not be decided by which sword is bigger (the schwartz doesn't come into play) or who is cooler. It will be decided by who is in better shape physically (Eragon) and who is more skilled (by all accounts that I've seen, Eragon again, especially since he practices dueling daily while Aragorn just pwns lots of Orcs at once).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 05:09 PM
Incanus
Istari

The source for the Narsil thing is somewhere in the references of the Trilogy or Silamrillion, i cant remember where. But the magic of Paolini is set with "Energy" and it exhausts the guys. But no magic, remember, straight fight. And Aragorns skill is perfected, while Eragon HAS to practice to keep it good. He fights like a berserker, never just staying back and waiting for a counter attack. Aragorn dosnt have to. He can wait for them to move then cut them in half. HE CAN DUEL TROLLS!!!! I dont think Eragon can fight at the Black Gate and live. Besides, who says Aragorn cant call on the Army of the Dead? Its not magic, but it is an ability of his, like Eragon has the speed and strength. But Eragon has a smaller amount of willpower than Aragorn, as HE wouldnt look into the Palantir and contest SAURON. Face it, Aragorn has more willpower, as he would do almost anything to win a fight. Eragon would try to stay true to some code of honor or something. He would run, face it.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 06:28 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

The source for the Narsil thing is somewhere in the references of the Trilogy or Silamrillion, i cant remember where.

No biggie. It just sounds awesome.

quote:
[/b]
But the magic of Paolini is set with "Energy" and it exhausts the guys. But no magic, remember, straight fight.
[/b]
I'm not sure that brain-magic is energy. He has 'reaches out with his mind' powers as well as 'taps into flow of magic' powers. They sound like different things to me.

quote:

And Aragorns skill is perfected, while Eragon HAS to practice to keep it good. He fights like a berserker, never just staying back and waiting for a counter attack. Aragorn dosnt have to. He can wait for them to move then cut them in half. HE CAN DUEL TROLLS!!!!

Eragon spends most of his time training to fight single, powerful opponents. Aragorn learned to pwn hordes of unskilled orcs. I'd give the edge to Eragon.

quote:

I dont think Eragon can fight at the Black Gate and live.

Pure speculation. His showings thus far would suggest that he could last quite a while.

quote:

Besides, who says Aragorn cant call on the Army of the Dead? Its not magic, but it is an ability of his, like Eragon has the speed and strength.

The Army of the Dead would only be useful if it could startle/scare Eragon. It didn't actually participate in combat.

Also: How, specifically, could Aragorn 'call' it? He had to go to [some rock] to call it initially and then the books don't mention it being invisible or anything like that.

quote:

But Eragon has a smaller amount of willpower than Aragorn, as HE wouldnt look into the Palantir and contest SAURON. Face it, Aragorn has more willpower, as he would do almost anything to win a fight.

You're speculating again. Until you have evidence of Eragon's cowardice or willpower relative to Sauron (which doesn't exist) then your guess is as good as mine. And my guess is that the best they could hope for is a stalemate.

quote:

Eragon would try to stay true to some code of honor or something. He would run, face it.

This is a contradiction. Code of honor = not running away.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 06:56 PM
Incanus
Istari

Yes it probly woulod end up being a stalemate, but Eragon has ran in one of the books. He ran from the Razac even when he could have killed them. And he relies more on magic than swords later. And Aragorn was trained by the elves, so he was trained to fight single uber opponents and a side effect was pwning hordes of orcs. He duels TROLLS dude, and they can step on him. But Eragon could fight there, but he wouldnt live long, as when he is seen by the Nazgul to be a great warrior destroying everything in a second,m he would be dropped from REALLY high up. I dont think he would survive them. Aragorn defeated 5 nazgul, i think Eragon would freakout when he found them to be immune to his amgic because they have no flesh or anything, and their minds are practically invulnerable, because they share a will, and thats is Saurons. He would have to have the will to take the ring off his finger after having being like Gollum, or like Sauron was, as even he couldnt take it off, because its will was stronger than his, and Aragorn REFUSED it.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 01:41 AM
Incanus
Istari

And yes it did participate in combat, as the corsiars at Pelargir DID put up a fight. And Amandil was Elendils father, who tried to go act as an emissary to the Valar like Earendil. He never came back. He probly died or something. And Eragon stabbed the shade in the back, or he would have died. The elf killed the second shade, and he knew what it was that humans feared in the Razac,, that their breath was magic. He knew it wasnt, so he knew they wernt as much of a threat, and he wasnt scared anymore.

Isil

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 12:18 AM
Incanus
Istari

Ok, well i did a little checking, and i think that Aragorn may be able to call the army of the dead to the Banner of Elendil, as that was the thing that they came at the unfurling of. The Grey Host did fight though.

Isil

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 02:45 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Eragon sucked.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 04:21 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

look at it this way someone who can fight undead ringwraiths all 9 at the same time wit a broken sword and a torch and keep a straight face could kill a young man that has elf reflexeseasily remember aragorn is a king,master swordsman, and ranger theres no beating him

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 08:16 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

The source for the Narsil thing is somewhere in the references of the Trilogy or Silamrillion, i cant remember where. But the magic of Paolini is set with "Energy" and it exhausts the guys. But no magic, remember, straight fight. And Aragorns skill is perfected, while Eragon HAS to practice to keep it good. He fights like a berserker, never just staying back and waiting for a counter attack. Aragorn dosnt have to. He can wait for them to move then cut them in half. HE CAN DUEL TROLLS!!!! I dont think Eragon can fight at the Black Gate and live. Besides, who says Aragorn cant call on the Army of the Dead? Its not magic, but it is an ability of his, like Eragon has the speed and strength. But Eragon has a smaller amount of willpower than Aragorn, as HE wouldnt look into the Palantir and contest SAURON. Face it, Aragorn has more willpower, as he would do almost anything to win a fight. Eragon would try to stay true to some code of honor or something. He would run, face it.

okay dude get ur facts right aragorn can do both he cauld fight any person and win being 1v1 or 1v100

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 08:20 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

dangit wrong quote that was ment for whoever said aragorn was only good in a big fight im on incanstus's side aragorn is the best all around

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 03:05 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Eragon sucked.

QFT

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 03:39 AM
Incanus
Istari

Originally posted by Morgromir
okay dude get ur facts right aragorn can do both he cauld fight any person and win being 1v1 or 1v100
I know, that was pret ty much my whole point in the fact of him being able to pwn anything....... Except Sauron, and Balrogs. And dragons. And Krakens. And very big and scary things.

Isil

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 02:43 PM
Khamul 666

i meant to quote red but instead quoted incanus just messed up the quote buttons =)

Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 09:13 PM
Evilbigfoot
Bah, Canon...

Eragon is overpowered?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 04:56 PM
Evilbigfoot is currently offline Click here to Send Evilbigfoot a Private Message Find more posts by Evilbigfoot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote