KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Something interesting.....

Something interesting.....
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Something interesting.....

I found this while browsing through moviemistakes.com, I'll just quote it verbatim.

All of the members of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad are named after snakes, however Elle Driver's codename, California Mountain Snake, is the only non-venomous snake of the bunch. This is perhaps a cute Tarantino-esque reason for her inability to poison Black Mamba in her sleep.

Interesting, isn't it? Makes sense, too.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 02:54 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furious Angel

eek! Awesome.

Elle is great, absolutely awesome! Not many people know ''cottonmouth' is a snake cool

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 02:58 AM
Furious Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Furious Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Furious Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Is nt bill the only one not named after a snake. I think his codename is "snake charmer" or something like that.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 12:45 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jtpimp_24r

Smile that's great

That is actually very interesting. I hope that Tarantino wrote it that way for this purpose. It would just be another way to show the sheer genius of his writing.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 02:49 PM
jtpimp_24r is currently offline Click here to Send jtpimp_24r a Private Message Find more posts by jtpimp_24r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Is nt bill the only one not named after a snake. I think his codename is "snake charmer" or something like that.
Yes, his code name is Snake Charmer. But he isn't really a member on the DiVAS, he's the leader. And since all the others are named after snakes, Bill is the 'Snake Charmer,' because he is their leader, and because he 'bedded' at least one of them.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 03:15 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

No moss growing on you.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 03:40 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

its weird that elle used the black mamba...when thats
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: beatrixes name...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 03:42 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

She couldn't use the California Mountain Snake, since, as it's already been pointed out, it's non-venomous. Anyway, it was probably just supposed to be symbolic about how "Black Mamba", one way or another, got them all.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 03:44 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

(i know i just now figured it out)
i know i just couldnt help notice the irony in that...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 03:45 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
No moss growing on you.
Being in my caffinated and exhausted state, I'm not sure what you mean by that....

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 07:01 AM
Ice Mario
Bold Adventurer

Re: Something interesting.....

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
This is perhaps a cute Tarantino-esque reason for her inability to poison Black Mamba in her sleep.

Err, no. She went psycho when Bill called off the mission. Elle wanted to do it, there was no cuteness there at all.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 08:35 AM
Ice Mario is currently offline Click here to Send Ice Mario a Private Message Find more posts by Ice Mario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

What does being cute or psycho have to do with it at all?! All that was being said was that Elle did not poison The Bride, and Quentin made an obscure allusion to that by making her code name that of a non-venemous snake. Simple as that

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 05:33 AM
subhuman79

Hey,

About California mountain snake (as in the snake, not Elle), I might be wrong, but doesn't it eat other snakes? That'd make sense with Elle character as well, since she did off Budd and tried to kill Beatrix as well.
Also, Elle using a black mamba to kill Budd was a handy way to get off the hook when she told Bill "let's just say he let a black mamba into his trailer.." or something like that. So no blame for her smile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 04:47 PM
subhuman79 is currently offline Click here to Send subhuman79 a Private Message Find more posts by subhuman79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote