KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Re-casting

Re-casting
Started by: Tassie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tassie

Re-casting

In POA [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Neville, the Weasley twins, and Dumbledore were re-casted. I was wondering what you thought of these castings? Personally, I preferred the former actors.

The [SPOILER - highlight to read]: new Dumbledore had none of the fatherly warmth like the former one, and I didn't like his accent.

The re-casted [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Neville wasn't fit for the role miffed I don't know WHY they had to re-cast him and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the twins

I know it wasn't their fault for having to re-cast [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the dead Dumbledore stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:02 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

Uhh... It was the same Neville and the same twins... What are you talking about? ~_^

Happy Dance He's here, he's queer...! Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:09 PM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

It was one of my friends who told me, actually, just wondering if any of you noticed if there was a difference?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:14 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

Well, the only person they changed in the movie is Dumbledore. That is, as far as I know and have noticed.

But if they ever do re-cast one of the actors or actresses, I hope it'll be Daniel. Heh heh...

Happy Dance He's here, he's queer...! Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:17 PM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

The worst thing they could do, imo, is re-cast any one the trio. That would look awful.
But at least there'd be less redundant "I love Dan" threads on the forum happy

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:23 PM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

The guy who played dumbledor in the first was a really good actor... they casted a nobody compared to him.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:28 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

I thought the twins and neville were the same. And i agree that the new Dumbledore was not a warm hearted

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:28 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

the twins and neville are the same - they've just drastically changed messed especially neville messed he lost so much weight messed

and yeah,no1's a better dumbledore than Richard Harris smile

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:53 PM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

^^Bloomi! happy

Okay, well some of my friends were wondering if they'd re-casted them... and I didn't hear anything about it messed
Glad to know I was wrong stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 12:03 AM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

and yeah,no1's a better dumbledore than Richard Harris smile [/B][/QUOTE]
---
I agree, the new Dumbeldore kind of spoke too much and too fast.. thus helost the sence of dignaty

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 12:13 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Richard Harris thanks i hate not remembering names... he rocked in Gladiator.. he was the emperor that got murdered if you didn't know.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 12:16 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Short'n'Sweet
Sitting in bordom

i think if they were to re-cast any one it would have to be malfoy.-i know i know i love tom as much as the next girl,but if they did they should get Kevin Clark,he was in school of rock,as the drummer kid.All he needs is an accent.

KMC GANG MEMBER

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 12:20 AM
Short'n'Sweet is currently offline Click here to Send Short'n'Sweet a Private Message Find more posts by Short'n'Sweet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

Re: Re-casting

quote:
Originally posted by Tassie~Cyanide~
In POA [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Neville, the Weasley twins, and Dumbledore were re-casted. I was wondering what you thought of these castings? Personally, I preferred the former actors.

The [SPOILER - highlight to read]: new Dumbledore had none of the fatherly warmth like the former one, and I didn't like his accent.

The re-casted [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Neville wasn't fit for the role miffed I don't know WHY they had to re-cast him and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the twins

I know it wasn't their fault for having to re-cast [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the dead Dumbledore stick out tongue

Neville and the twins were the same altough they casted a new dumbledore because the original died sad.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 02:55 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

quote:
^^Bloomi! happy

Okay, well some of my friends were wondering if they'd re-casted them... and I didn't hear anything about it messed
Glad to know I was wrong stick out tongue

happyhappy hiya girl love

the character is just not the same w/o ol' Harris sad

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 03:17 AM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Polly

quote:
It was one of my friends who told me, actually, just wondering if any of you noticed if there was a difference?

Yea, there was a difference because they got OLDER.

My cousin thought that it was a different Neville too, but it is Matthew Lewis!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 03:18 AM
Polly is currently offline Click here to Send Polly a Private Message Find more posts by Polly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

[url]http://imdb.com/title/tt0304141/fullcredits[/i] if u look down this list tassie, u'll c they havent been recasted wink they probably wouldnt have changed as much of there wasnt a break between CoS and PoA movies.

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 05:52 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

Re: Re-casting

I agree the dd thing tassie!!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 06:08 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

quote:
The worst thing they could do, imo, is re-cast any one the trio. That would look awful.
But at least there'd be less redundant "I love Dan" threads on the forum happy

I agree with you, they shouldn't re-cast the trio but even if they did re-cast Daniel for example, yep we might have less 'I Love Dan' threads but we'd probably get new 'I Love the new Harry! *insert name*' threads instead! messed Or just a big war between Dan fans/haters and the new boy's fans/haters... sick

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 06:36 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

http://imdb.com/title/tt0304141/fullcredits oops sorry, did the code wrong ^^

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 06:55 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote