KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » First non European or South American country that will win the FIFA World Cup?

First non European or South American country that will win the FIFA World Cup?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
USA 6 85.71%
Mexico 1 14.29%
Australia 0 0%
Ghana 0 0%
Côte d'Ivoire 0 0%
Nigeria 0 0%
Egypt 0 0%
Japan 0 0%
Korea Republic 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: DarkNemesis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

I personally don't see it happening in the near future, but I'm pretty intrigued by the possibilities here.

Who will become the first country outside of Europe or South America to win the FIFA World Cup?

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 02:21 AM
DarkNemesis is currently offline Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

Very hard to say. I am not seeing it happening in the near future though

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 12:30 PM
Darth Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mexico or Russia

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 04:33 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by majid86
Mexico or Russia

You barely dodged it with Mexico, but Russia? Come on...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2011 08:21 PM
Darth Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

The USA. They have a large athletic pool of talent to choose from, and potential investment. All they have to do is get the youth setup sorted out so the players get quality coaching younger, and of course the interest has to wander from other popular sports in the USA.

Really talented players like Messi, Ronaldo come about because they love football at a young age and play everyday out in the street or some street soccer pitch. You need this sort of genius player to win a world cup, unless you play like a machine (germany)

As show in the previous world cup, the US is a force to be reconed with, all they need now is highten the technical quality and a genius player.

I think the US is the most likely country to do it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2011 02:57 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Either the US or Japan, I think. The USA basically for the reasons Bicnarok mentioned earlier. Now I'm taking a big risk by saying Japan, but there's been a lot of good young players coming from Japan in recent years (Keisuke Honda, Ryo Miyaichi etc.). I don't think Japan even had a professional league since 1992, so they're making progress very fast.

If neither of these countries would be afraid to hire on foreign staff in the decades to come, both of them could become world champions in the future.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 12:02 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I think the US.

And I agree with what Bic said, Soccer is gaining popularity here. Where I live they are already having more premier youth league teams.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 04:09 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

US followed by Ghana.

America is really an untapped potential while Ghana is already a decent team but doesn't really have the resources to expand much.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 08:14 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: First non European or South American country that will win the FIFA World Cup?

In no particular order. USA, Korea, Japan

Though if Russia wins the 2014 bid, I have a feeling Russia will have a chance of winning it that year; not cos they're any good;cos they're back-handed bastards who'll pay off or threaten the refs.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 09:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote