KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Why is Spider-Man your favorite?

Why is Spider-Man your favorite?
Started by: Hermes Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hermes Great

Why is Spider-Man your favorite?

It’s finally here! I have been waiting since the last Spider-Man movie for the sequel. I don’t know what it is, but he’s always been my favorite. My ex-girlfriend’s family still refer to me as Spidey cause I saw the first movie so many times. But why is he my favorite? Why is he your favorite? Or is he?

And just in case you don’t know, you can get free Spider-Man comics on the opening weekend. It’s a comic book promotion on July 3rd called Free Comic Book Day but they are definitely giving away Spider-Man, which is what I plan on getting. Do a search on the web under the name, if you don’t know what I am talking about.
eek!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:45 PM
Hermes Great is currently offline Click here to Send Hermes Great a Private Message Find more posts by Hermes Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i dont know why he is my favorite.....maybe coz spiderman is such a smartass...how could he not be your favorite?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:26 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

If I go through all the reasons why I love Spider-Man, I'll be here all day. He is my fave, that's all I'm saying. The character, the villains, the setting, his age, his powers, his importance, everything. Best ever.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:32 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

I like spiderman as my fav here for a couple of reasons. first, he chose to be a hero for he learned with great power comes great responsibility. he does itout of obligation for his loved ones. 2 he's not invincible like a certain leotarded cape waering baffoon, he is human, like the rest of us(sorta), sure he has super stregth but he is still weaker than a ton of the more strong men in the marvel verse. he more relies on his onw unique qualities to win, like spidersense, or his speed and stickin to walls.

it is becasue he has flaws in his char that is what makes him so unique. becasue he cant fly, becasue he's not the strongest in the universe, becasue he's an underdog, because the public doesnt trust him(jjj). that is why i think he rocks

SUCK IT SUPERMAN

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:38 PM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Spiderman is tops. for pretty much every reason RS posted earlier
getting specific could take ages when dealing with such a great franchise

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:40 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i think the easiest way to put is that Stan Lee did such a genious job creating spider-man ....almost every kid can relate to Peter Paker in one way or another and when a normal kid becomes a superhero overnight you see that its not as great as of a job as you might thought it would be (but of course everyone would do it).....you got all that plus the villians and problems of a everyday kid and you got the best superhero ever

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:48 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

VENOMfan, Equilibrium, hell's yeah.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 12:32 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Hell yeah Indeed!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 12:49 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Also, despite the fact the villains and the super-powers that are incredibly sci-fi and "out there", Spider-Man is still incredibly realistic. I just love how Stan Lee can make a radioactive spider seem pretty reasonable. All his enemies are based in science fiction, and those that can relate well to Peter Parker, probably love scienece fiction as much as Pete does.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 12:48 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

He's the most realistic superhero ever : he can be stupid, naive, smart, cunning, clumsy, impressive... you name it.

He's not mister perfect, like some other heroes I won't mention now, he can catch a cold just like anybody else. He has trouble dating (or had trouble), isn't that fond of his job, has sometimes trouble paying the rent, has trouble keeping his true identity a secret...

He can be beaten by a third rate villain as Shocker, but at the same time, he can give Thor a run for his money. He's strong and fast, but not too strong and not too fast (no Flash or Quicksilver speed).

And he tells jokes wink and has a will made of steel. How could anybody not like him...

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 06:00 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

the deep ties to his enemies are all so brilliantly woven together and his enemies constantly have sub agendas with each other

I would have loved to see the Kingsley Hobgoblin take on the Norman Green Goblin instead of harry

and Shocker vs Electro has been one of my all time favorite pipe dreams

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 06:17 PM
Spiderman_RJ

wel he´s spider-man, thats enough for me.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 08:38 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Spiderman may be the most overall well-written comic hero ever.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 08:13 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

yah

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 06:05 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wizardkid233

because SPIDERMAN is DA MAN

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 03:25 AM
Wizardkid233 is currently offline Click here to Send Wizardkid233 a Private Message Find more posts by Wizardkid233 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
klipso

superman sucks cause he cant get hurt
batman sucks cause he has no superpowers

spiderman is my favorite cause he CAN get hurt and he DOES have powers,

and because unlike superman and batman his movies dont suck
i have a bunch of spiderman comics under my bed too
i watched alot of the cartoon show also

Last edited by klipso on Jul 6th, 2004 at 12:03 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 11:59 AM
klipso is currently offline Click here to Send klipso a Private Message Find more posts by klipso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

I actually like Batman BECAUSE he has no super-powers.

I think Batman and Spider-Man are the best comic book heroes out there.

I have never been a fan of Superman, he was just born with everything - how could he NOT fail? He's such a loser. Spidey was given his powers, but in the recent comic book stories, it was revelaed that only someone of Peters character could have recieved them - which I think was yet another brilliant turn for the Spider-Man origin.

Batman EARNED everything. He's just a bloke, but he'd give Spider-Man a run for his money, and he has beaten the Justice League. I like him because his stories are like Sherlock Holmes with Baterangs. His playboy persona is all just a front, hiding his tormented soul underneath. He has a lot of parrelels to the average person - where in this day and age, we have to put up a front an awful lot of the time to be successful.

That's why I love Batman and Spider-Man - both are admirable, likeable, bad-ass, awesome characters, and because they are also believeable, is why I've stuck with them since I was like, 7.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 05:48 PM
BurnetteBeauty1
A pirates life for me

what is there to say... he is just my favorite

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 08:56 PM
BurnetteBeauty1 is currently offline Click here to Send BurnetteBeauty1 a Private Message Find more posts by BurnetteBeauty1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

i like spider-man because, like VENOMfan said, he is one of the most well-written characters ive ever heard of (the only ones that come close are batman and xmen)

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 08:58 PM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I actually like Batman BECAUSE he has no super-powers.

Batman EARNED everything. He's just a bloke, but he'd give Spider-Man a run for his money, and he has beaten the Justice League. I like him because his stories are like Sherlock Holmes with Baterangs. His playboy persona is all just a front, hiding his tormented soul underneath. He has a lot of parrelels to the average person - where in this day and age, we have to put up a front an awful lot of the time to be successful.

I agree with everything u said.
I love my brucey!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 10:33 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote