KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Amazon pre-orders

Amazon pre-orders
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

Amazon pre-orders

Has anyone else pre-ordered their copy from Amazon? If so, where do you go to check the status of the order? I know the book hasn't been released yet but I figured it must state somewhere that I've pre-ordered. I haven't had any email confirmation or anything like that so I'm not even sure it completely accepted my order (even though it went through), but I don't want to re-order in case I end up with two copies

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 08:09 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

*bump*

sad

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 12:49 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nickey
Fallen Angel

Re: Amazon pre-orders

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syren
Has anyone else pre-ordered their copy from Amazon? If so, where do you go to check the status of the order? I know the book hasn't been released yet but I figured it must state somewhere that I've pre-ordered. I haven't had any email confirmation or anything like that so I'm not even sure it completely accepted my order (even though it went through), but I don't want to re-order in case I end up with two copies

um..... shouldn't you go to Amazon customer service?
I'm not sure, because I had an E-mail confirming that I bought it. But I pre-ordered mine at Barnes & Noble.
Sorry if this doesn't help you.

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 04:26 PM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Syren - there should be a place where you can check the status of your order.

I believe, usually, that this place is usually where you would track your order when it's actually being shipped, you know, at 3.05 pm your order was in Philadelphia, and so forth.

The last time I ordered something from Amazon was a while ago, and they were very prompt about sending me an email. I think the best thing to do would be to first try and find some kind of "tracking" place for your order. If there is no such place, then email a staff customer service representative. If they don't respond within a couple of days (or dangerously close to Harry Potter time) then reorder. You can always send it back.

That's my best advice, I think.

Okay, wait. I'm at amazon.com right now, and there's a tab at the top that says, "Your amazon.com." Then it says "From your shopping cart." Mine says that I don't have any items in my shopping cart, which would be right, because I don't have anything ordered. I would think that since you have something ordered, Deathly Hallows would appear in your shopping cart.

Try that?

ETA:

AHA!!! On the right side of the "Your amazon.com" window, under an orange heading of "Your Recent Shopping," it has a link that says, "Your open/recently shipped orders."

Bingo. smile smile

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Jul 3rd, 2007 at 07:17 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 07:15 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I've looked around and I even went into 'Used Items and Pre-orders' where it says I have none. Then I went into 'Where's My Stuff? > Orders placed in the past 6 months' and I have no transactions.

I'm guessing it hasn't acknowledged my order at all, which is frustrating.

I may try to order it again, perhaps it's because I ordered the book so long before the actual release date?

Thanks anyway smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 03:33 PM
siriuswriter

Then I would say that you "didn't actually order it" according to Amazon.

Did you order it through credit card, or check? Did it show up on your bank order as the money being taken out?

Hun, I would just reorder at this point.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2007 05:49 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Then I would say that you "didn't actually order it" according to Amazon.

Did you order it through credit card, or check? Did it show up on your bank order as the money being taken out?

Hun, I would just reorder at this point.

laughing

I already felt silly, but thanks for rubbing it in stick out tongue

Seriously though, I truly did think I'd ordered it. Plus (and this will probably make you laugh harder) I thought no payment would be taken until the book was actually released. So all I thought I was doing was reserving a copy of the book, to be sent to me as and when it was released.

Hence my having no invoice or anything to refer to and my assuming it must just be recorded somewhere on the site that I had reserved a copy, or pre-ordered one.

You may point and cackle

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 05:08 PM
siriuswriter

*points and cackles*

Amazon takes money RIGHT AWAY, dear, it would've shown on an invoice. smile

It's time to do the reording dance. (Or maybe just get it from a local bookshop? Support the local industries! Yeah!! big grin)

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 01:17 PM
Syren
dreaming

I re-ordered. This time I actually paid for it (£8.99 - my apologies to the local industries). Should have it delivered on the release date, apparently eek!

Thanks for your help, by the way big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 09:36 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I re-ordered. This time I actually paid for it (£8.99 - my apologies to the local industries). Should have it delivered on the release date, apparently eek!

Thanks for your help, by the way big grin
You reordered it today?

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 09:41 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Nope, on the 13th.

Completed Orders

Order Date: 13 Jul 2007
Order #: 202-9760191-1591035
Recipient: Kerry Barker
View order
Items:
Delivery estimate: 21 Jul 2007

* 1 of: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Adult Edition]
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

eek!

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 09:56 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Ah. I was going to say, if you ordered today how are you getting it on the release date.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 09:57 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Hopefully I'll get it in good time. I won't be too bothered if it's not delivered on the release date because it is just an estimate, but it'll be nice yes

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 10:00 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Hopefully I'll get it in good time. I won't be too bothered if it's not delivered on the release date because it is just an estimate, but it'll be nice yes
What time are they usually delivered? I never bought from Amazon before. This is my first time.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 10:05 PM
siriuswriter

Nope, on the 13th.

Completed Orders

Order Date: 13 Jul 2007
Order #: 202-9760191-1591035
Recipient: Kerry Barker
View order
Items:
Delivery estimate: 21 Jul 2007

* 1 of: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Adult Edition]
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

eek!

*high fives Syren*

Looks like you've got your book. smile

And Amazon is EXTREMELY good about hitting its estimated delivery dates : I've ordered several hard-to-find books from them and they have all arrived in the condition they were described, on the days they were supposed to.

You can always track your order. big grin

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 11:15 PM
coolmovies

Did you guys know 2 milion people pre ordered the book so far ? anyway
This is funny

The order deadline for release date delivery (21st July 2007) is now past, but we’ve got owls standing by to deliver books to Muggles everywhere as quickly as possible laughing

owls standing by lolzzzzzzzzz

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 01:49 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by coolmovies
Did you guys know 2 milion people pre ordered the book so far ? anyway
This is funny

The order deadline for release date delivery (21st July 2007) is now past, but we’ve got owls standing by to deliver books to Muggles everywhere as quickly as possible laughing

owls standing by lolzzzzzzzzz
o.o They really do think ahead.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2007 04:04 PM