KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Stupid Venom

Stupid Venom
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Stupid Venom

who here thinks that the current Venom looks really horrible. I mean he is one of my favorite Spidey villains, but in his series and in the current Spectacular Spiderman he looks like a big blob. I really do not like what they did with him.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 10:05 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

anyone agree? disagree?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 10:19 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koto K
Raised by a cup of coffee

As ironic as it may sound coming from me, I really hate that pseudo-Japanese style they have been using in the current Venom regular series. Its WAY too rigid and the proportions are cartoonily out of whack. It's like a stylized enima. If they got an actual Japanese artist to draw it in more of true to form Manga/Anime style, it would look kick-ass-tastic. unfortunately, the hacks working at marvel right now are going BEYOND overboard with their designs. The current Venom is like the disfigured lovechild of Warner Brothers and Anime artists.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 10:43 PM
Koto K is currently offline Click here to Send Koto K a Private Message Find more posts by Koto K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like the new Venom. sad

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 04:06 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I like the old Venom. The Venom that looks like Spider-Man only slightly bigger. He's supposed to look like a tall bloke is in a skin tight costume. It's not supposed to look like a Hulk-like monster.

And ANYTHING to do with Anime working its way into comic books is a bad idea.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 02:30 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

At first I was no great fan of the new version of Venom, either, but I've had nearly two years to get used to it. It's amazing how age and time makes you better able to handle adjustments.

Oh, and I'll tell you who also hates the new Venom--Spidey-RJ and blackwidowlover--maybe y'all can start an "anti-Venom" fan club. And, furthermore, the last issue of Venom's book is slated for release next month, so you won't have to tolerate it for very much longer. Lucky you!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 02:46 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Well, I could warm to it, but I don't see it happening. The Venom (seen in Venomfans sig I believe) of old is just too classic. I grew up in the 80's, and with that look.

Venom looking like that, is like Spider-Man looking really scrawny (I like the size he is in the movie and the "classic" size). I can't adjust to it, because it's a childhood thing.

Venom looks like The Hulk with the symbiote.

If thats what happens to Eddie when he wears it - imagine what The Hulk would look like wearring it? He'd be the size of a small moon!

No, I think they should have really restricted his size. That's just my opinion.

I think it may be because he looks a LITTLE like the Venom from Spidey unlimited - which I still have nightmares about today (the show, not Venom).

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 02:51 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Again, a compelling and coherent arguement from you, Superfly. Point goes to you, and I never meant to imply that you might join the anti-venom club. I'm sure you know this. And Hulk with the symbiote--that WOULD be a sight.
Venom will be back to the proportions everyone knows and loves in V vs. C, and Frank Cho's Venom in Marvel Knights Spidey title. I'm looking forward to both as well.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 03:14 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Symbiote would have ultra trouble bonding. Bruce's MPD and all.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 04:50 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Doesn't the symbiote turn into something eddie is deep inside or something. Maybe he's a monster deep inside i don't know don't really read the comics. I should though how much do they cost when do newer ones come out.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 05:17 PM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

They have had the Symbiote bond with The Hulk (pictured below). But to stay on topic, I sorta agree, the current Venom (and Spider-man) shown in the Venom run don't look nearly as good as the style of drawing used during the 80's and early 90's. Though, I must say, Paco Medina's version of Venom is pretty killer (I absolutly loved his art in the current run).

Attachment: whatif vol2 004 11.jpg
This has been downloaded 162 time(s).

"If you desire one thing for so long, it's a given that you'll
miss other things along the way. That's how it is... that's
life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:07 PM
kiekan is currently offline Click here to Send kiekan a Private Message Find more posts by kiekan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

Another page from the above comic (What if Volume 2 #4).

Attachment: whatif vol2 004 12.jpg
This has been downloaded 160 time(s).

life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:09 PM
kiekan is currently offline Click here to Send kiekan a Private Message Find more posts by kiekan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

Last one....

Attachment: whatif vol2 004 20.jpg
This has been downloaded 156 time(s).

life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:10 PM
Koto K
Raised by a cup of coffee

It's weird, after seeing how Marvel is drawing venom currently, the Hulk venom doesn't seem so crazy looking (except for the dull teeth). I've seen pictures with the Eddie Brock and Robertson symbiote twice as large as the Hulk symbiote.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:24 PM
Koto K is currently offline Click here to Send Koto K a Private Message Find more posts by Koto K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiekan
Studly Pic-Postinest

Yeah, I know what'cha mean. The Venom art in the 80's and 90's (Which this version of the Hulk came from) is almost completly different from the current designs.

Oh, on another note, I just finished reading the new chapter of your She-Venom Fan Fic. All I can say is.... wow. I sure hope the ending isn't rolling around soon.

life" - Godo (Berserk)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 10:05 PM
Spiderman_RJ

AGREE TOTALY AGREED<FINALY SOMEONE SEE BEYOND SELLING MARKS HERE!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ESTERIOTYPED HIM, so the cool venom fan boys wusss, buy the comics.
ps: sorry baddiegirl, but thats what i think

Last edited by Spiderman_RJ on Jul 19th, 2004 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 10:23 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

hey, kiekan, those are awesome, put more.

where did you get those pages pics.

i need to know.

...Tomorrow could be the best day of your life...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:51 PM
Ghetto Goblin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

did venom suck parkers age out to when he ran out of power.

why is parker so old.

...Tomorrow could be the best day of your life...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:51 PM
Ghetto Goblin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
AGREE TOTALY AGREED<FINALY SOMEONE SEE BEYOND SELLING MARKS HERE!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ESTERIOTYPED HIM, so the cool venom fan boys wusss, buy the comics.
ps: sorry baddiegirl, but thats what i think

Hey, I don't see why you guys keep apologizing to me for this stuff. You all have your own opinions, and I have mine. It's statistically impossible to agree with anybody and everybody on every subject. It be kewl--I don't care. I would respect y'all alot less if you didn't voice your opinions as I do mine, believe me.
And far as Eddie Brock OR Venom, I also have my preferences--I hate long hair on men, and yet when they drew him with a mullet or that Fabio hair, I just had to look past it, you know? It is not always easy, though.

Attachment: ptrns11-nomartyr.jpg
This has been downloaded 116 time(s).

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 01:24 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I didn't like the new Venom either, but it grew on me like a fungus.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:17 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote