KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Who's sick of Jean Grey?

Who's sick of Jean Grey?
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Who's sick of Jean Grey?

Should Marvel finally let her, and her tragic destiny, be at peace?

I don't want ANOTHER return.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 09:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, it's been done to death.

Pun intended LOL

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 11:44 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yer

I dont want Jean to stay dead but i also dont want her to come back exactly the same. I think the best thing to do would be to give her her own book that deals with her work as the White Phoenix of the Crown and show what that really means. This would appeal to the Jean fans because she is back but also to the Scott/Emma pairing fans because Jean would be off in space and not a threat to that relationship. It would also show what Jean can really do on her own.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 12:02 AM
yer is currently offline Click here to Send yer a Private Message Find more posts by yer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Forever
Evolution Leaps Forword

they should bring jean back one more time then let her stay somehow i would like her to be the jean that she was before she encountered the phoenix force. it would be cool to let her keep her telekinesis power that she can control things at a melicular level....but that's just me...

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:43 AM
Phoenix Forever is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Forever a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Forever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

im more tired of all of the new x-men characters there to appeal to the movie fans and younger teens than anything

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 02:00 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yer
I dont want Jean to stay dead but i also dont want her to come back exactly the same. I think the best thing to do would be to give her her own book that deals with her work as the White Phoenix of the Crown and show what that really means. This would appeal to the Jean fans because she is back but also to the Scott/Emma pairing fans because Jean would be off in space and not a threat to that relationship. It would also show what Jean can really do on her own.

Agreed. I'd love to see a mini about Jean as the White Phoenix Of Crown. We still dont know exactly what that role involves.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 05:11 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Who's sick of Jean Grey?

Originally posted by roughrider

I don't want ANOTHER return.

I do

thank u bz

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 06:13 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

That's part of the reason I quit reading comic books all together.Pschlocke coming back started it for me.The last thing I read that I liked was Astonishing,I thought Uncanny sucked.When I saw Mojo on the cover of an Uncanny issue I about got sick.That was about 2 years ago.They might have gotten better.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 06:57 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Little behind the scenes fact, about the original Dark Phoenix storyline...

Chris Claremont & John Byrne had envisioned Jean getting control of her mind and coming back to Xavier & the X-Men - AFTER going on that galactic rampage and consuming that sun which killed that alien planet with it's billions.
Editor-In-Chief Jim Shooter overruled that idea; he said it would be sending the wrong message, Jean getting off without capital punishment for such a monstrous crime. So, it was changed to her suicide. I don't think Claremont & Byrne ever really agreed with the decision. Claremont would lay the groundwork for Jean to return years later, and create that bogus idea the Phoenix wasn't Jean Grey ( that would be reversed.) As long as Claremont was the major player in X-mythos, Jean would be around. Now that he's been removed as the principal writer, and people like Grant Morrison to Joss Whedon et al have taken it in new directions, maybe the Jean obsession will die down. It's Emma's time to shine.

The thing is, if they had just let her die in the beginning, her death could have had the same impact Gwen Stacy's death had for the Spider-Man books, to this day.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 07:41 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I think bringing Phoenix back was okay.I realy think she's a character powerful enough that you can come up with a good reason for her return.However,I think they have brought her back too many times way too fast.Pschlockes return left a lot to be desired.While I didn't agree with the return of Colussus,at least it was done in good taste.His return issue was amazingly done.If every character could be brought back with that kind of impact, the whole resurrection of dead heroes would be a lot better imo.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 4th, 2007 06:13 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Who's sick of Jean Grey?

You..

Old Post May 5th, 2007 02:31 AM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I am I think she is getting pretty annoying!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 5th, 2007 02:35 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magnuslives

I'm more interested in rachel grey mostly because of the fact she doesn't continually die, but because she essentially is jean without/ with lower levels of the phoenix power. i think people kill jean grey for a reason - so they can focus on other characters. but i would be interested in a mini series for her to explore the whole WCP thing

Old Post May 5th, 2007 04:49 PM
magnuslives is currently offline Click here to Send magnuslives a Private Message Find more posts by magnuslives Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ryonslaught
Omnipotent Mind

The sacred cow should be put in a pasture to be eaten by wolves stick out tongue and or the love of God let that tramp STAY DEAD! laughing

"In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!"

Old Post May 6th, 2007 04:02 PM
Ryonslaught is currently offline Click here to Send Ryonslaught a Private Message Find more posts by Ryonslaught Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* er... guys... being the "phoenix" means, Jean will always die and resurrect over and over, again and again... am i right? nah! smile

Old Post May 7th, 2007 07:01 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

They can probably get Jamie Braddock to resurrect her.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 7th, 2007 11:31 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by peejayd
* er... guys... being the "phoenix" means, Jean will always die and resurrect over and over, again and again... am i right? nah! smile
Yes. But let her stay out in space with other big cosmics like Galactus & The Living Tribunal et al. Don't let her return to the X-Men. She has no place there, since she will never be rid of the Phoenix Force.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 03:30 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes. But let her stay out in space with other big cosmics like Galactus & The Living Tribunal et al. Don't let her return to the X-Men. She has no place there, since she will never be rid of the Phoenix Force.

Jean probably wouldn't be able to stay out in space with Logan/Cyclops on earth.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 03:52 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

She should come back but have nothing to do with the Xmen, since so many mutants are depowered she should come back and try to have a new relationship, new friends etc...While she hides herself from O*N*E*, Xmen, Shi'ar and the Phoenix, of course after destroying a large portion of the Shi'ar empire.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 04:09 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genosha
Happy Ninja

Jean is a relatively boring character, who had to vampirize her own daughter to be palatable to the masses.

On the other hand, you need a few uninteresting mutants to highlight the interesting ones.

“I must be about 3 kinds of arrogant and 5 kinds of stupid, because I’m pretty sure I can have it both ways.”

Old Post May 7th, 2007 05:33 PM
Genosha is currently offline Click here to Send Genosha a Private Message Find more posts by Genosha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote