KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » mace vs. sidious??

mace vs. sidious??
Started by: SITH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SITH

mace vs. sidious??

I don't know if anyone has mentioned the fact that we get a glimpse of Darth Sidious' fighting style from the Comic Con title anouncement video on Hyperspace. Watch 1:03 frame by frame and you will see Samuel Jackson practicing a fight scene with Darth Sidious' fight double. The move that Sidious does is VERY reminiscent to Darth Maul's style of fighting. Looks like Nick wanted to make Darth Maul a reflection of Master Sidious. anyone have any pics or movies??

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 07:02 AM
Click here to Send SITH a Private Message Find more posts by SITH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Hmmm I didnt see this...I'm going to have to check this out tomorrow! Right now tho I'm hittin the sack! smile

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 07:14 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

YES! The true master of the Sith fightin technique reveals himself..
I loved Darth Maul, and it would be cool as #ell to see Sidious get busy, like Yoda did in AOTC....

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 09:13 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

Sidious better not jump and flip around like Yoda and Maul, it would be shite and cheesy as hell, i don't even know how you can make such an assumption from a split second of footage, what i make of the extremely short footage is that Sidious (if it even is a stunt double for Ian) is extremely agressive in his movement, which is how sidious should fight, i base this on the way Mace's saber is dodged, it is not a simple duck or movement, it involves the whole body, in a very agressive fashion.

I'm just hoping Sidious is truly bad ass, as he should be.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, it would look really goofy to have some kung-fu ray park type flipping and jumping with ian's head slapped on with cg...it worked with dooku, but his style was fitting, so it worked.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 01:37 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

yep mace was fighting darth sidious it also showed him fighting some sort of other thing but did'nt know what it was because george was directing him where to look.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 01:58 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

dude! why did you post this is the OT section? when its already in here?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 01:59 PM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

i think sidius has a lightsaber in this one, but i may be mistaken

...Tomorrow could be the best day of your life...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Nope, you're not mistaken. There have already been pictures of Sidious' lightsaber so it's in the movie.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 02:46 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

I'm not the hugest Star wars fan in the world, so I don't know what Sidious' lightsaber looks like. Could you show me? Thanks.

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 05:25 PM
Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SITH

I can't post the pictures or a link to the few seconds in the movie where it shows them fightning, but can anyone else?? I'd like everyone to see what we are talking about

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 07:03 PM
Click here to Send SITH a Private Message Find more posts by SITH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

someone has an avatar of it i think.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

i found this somewhere, i don't know if it is rea or not, but it looks just a wee bit bigger than yoda's.

between a regular size and yoda's size...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 08:23 PM
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

the top is fake

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 12:44 AM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

Sidious' lightsaber is small because it is supposed to be very light and it is held in one hand only. No two handed fighting. That indicates more agility in his fighting style. Also, it allows him to possibly use force lightning and his lightsaber at the same time.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

quote:
Originally posted by moonwalker741
the top is fake

Sorry man, are talking about the saber posted by Ghetto? That one is real, unless you are talking about something else?

I like George.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 12:51 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

no the top part of the lightsaber that gg posted , i know its horizontal, but if it was vertacal, the top part, like the lightsaber ring, the top is supposed to be gold from what i have heard

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 12:59 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Oh ok, I see what you're talking about now thanks. wink

I like George.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 01:00 AM
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

well, that is all that i found, i'll try to find another.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 01:13 AM
darktim1

the sidious lightsaber has gold on the handle and is black threw the middle and also is curved hope that helps out a little for now bye.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 03:44 AM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote