KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Multi-Author Fiction Area » American Outlaws/Young Guns II: Discussion Thread

American Outlaws/Young Guns II: Discussion Thread
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Cool American Outlaws/Young Guns II: Discussion Thread

Alright, Darth Raven!

Here's the first ever American Outlaws/Young Guns II Crossover story on kmc with a thread where we can discuss the plot and everything that we need to talk about to get the story underway. (I was thinking of placing this thread within' the "General Fiction Area", but I changed my mind and thought that Captain Rex would prefer to have it here...) Let's get into negotiations and type away! ^.^

Let the fun begin,

Sodapop Allerdyce the Sane Psycho

P/S: If other writers request or would like to join our little project, I'll take it into careful consideration.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 12:43 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Alright... I've been doing some research on Billy the Kid, and there seems to be a big issue here: there's Billy the myth, then there's Billy the person. The myth is a cold-blooded outlaw who kills for no reason other than to watch his victims die... Or, depending on the source, was also described as being a heroic Robin Hood type figure. In reality, he was mostly just misunderstood. He led a tough life and really had to know how to shoot a gun well in order to survive.

So, are we adhering to reality here, or are we using more of the myth version as a character?

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 01:09 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Darth Raven: Here's what I had in mind for the title and plot of the story. Let me know what you think and please feel free to make suggestions and all!

The Devil's Playground

The ultimate outlaw face-off is about to begin...

After escaping his own funeral, William H. Bonney (a.k.a. Billy the Kid) decides to take one last stand as the most famous outlaw before he retires. Having too much history in New Mexico, he slowly makes his way northeast into Tennessee. This proves to be the biggest mistake that he’s ever made. Very unwise to raise hell where another famous outlaw resides. Jesse James is not going to take a liking to this youngster. Not after years of living in peace and pardon from the law, will this ex-gunslinger give up his redemption so easily. Jesse has been his local town’s deputy for some time, now was the opportunity to prove his worth.

((Note: I'll send you/post more of the notes that I've got saved up in a document later!))

<<P/S: I may change something that was described in the last couple of sentences in the synopsis above...*shrugs*>>

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 01:11 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Alright... I've been doing some research on Billy the Kid, and there seems to be a big issue here: there's Billy the myth, then there's Billy the person. The myth is a cold-blooded outlaw who kills for no reason other than to watch his victims die... Or, depending on the source, was also described as being a heroic Robin Hood type figure. In reality, he was mostly just misunderstood. He led a tough life and really had to know how to shoot a gun well in order to survive.

So, are we adhering to reality here, or are we using more of the myth version as a character?

Hmm...good question. I'm not quite sure which version of Billy the Kid that Young Guns used... I think they leaned more towards the real person. Just a hunch. *shrugs* Please let me know if you need me to post a link to a site that talks about the movie and all.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 01:14 AM
Darth Revan
-

Plot sounds good to me. yes

This is the site I found that talked about Billy the Kid:

http://www.aboutbillythekid.com/

Can't find one about the movie though erm

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 01:44 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Information on Young Guns 1 and 2

Imdb.com: Young Guns (1988)

Imdb.com: Young Guns II (1990)

The 80's Movies Rewind: Young Guns (first one)

((Let me know if you need more information to back the synopsis of the movies up!))

((Btw, Thanks for that link about Billy the Kid! I'll check it out later ^.^))

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 01:54 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Characters

Young Guns II
- Billy The Kid - Emilio Estevez
- Arkansas Dave - Christian Slater
- Henry William French - Alan Ruck
(maybe add Pat Garrett and Viggo Mortensen's Character?)

American Outlaws
- Jesse James - Colin Farrell
- Frank James - Gabriel Macht
- Cole Younger - Scott Caan
- Bob Younger - Will McCormack
- Zerelda Mimms - Ali Larter
(we can use the rest of the James-Younger gang if we want, but don't have to though)
- ((Cast List at Imdb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244000/))

Movie/Historical Time Period

Although Young Guns took place in the late 1870's and American Outlaws around the late 1860's, is it okay if we ignore the time gap? The reason I brought this up because Jesse James would be about 40-41, which the official movie site said is how old he was when he died. As for Billy, he was 20-21 in both Young Guns movies and took place in New Mexico while most of American Outlaws was in Missouri and ended in Tennessee. I would much rather prefer to use the younger and wilder Jesse James (played by Colin Farrell) than the adult version which could've been played by Brad Pitt. (Remember or did you read the article at kmc movie site about how there was going to be a movie based on a book called "the assassination of jesse james", with brad pitt as jesse?) Is this okay with you?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 03:04 AM
Darth Revan
-

Yeah, the gap is fine, we kind of have to ignore it if this is going to work.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 03:21 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

although arkansas dave got hanged shortly after young guns 2, i would prefer to just say that never happened and that he meets up with billy later or something like that. now, what do you think of the cast? shall we use them all or just the main outlaws?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 09:18 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Since you know more about Billy the Kid than I do, although you haven't seen the Young Guns movies yet, would you like to take charge in writing most of the scenes that have him in it? As for me, I'll take charge of "playing" Jesse James. Or, we can just take turns of doing things from their perspective. (Mind you, not their point of view!) What do you say?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 11:27 AM
Darth Revan
-

Yeah, that would work best if we each took one character and wrote the scenes involving them.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 11:53 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

what do you think about what i said about arkansas dave and involving the other outlaws from those movies?

so you agree to taking turns or taking charge of doing one character for each of us to focus upon?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 12:00 AM
Darth Revan
-

I think it should be mostly around Jesse and Billy... Involving a whole lot of minor characters would make it too complicated.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 12:13 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

maybe jesse's wife, zerelda, his brother, james, and maybe arkansas dave from young guns can have small cameos?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 12:14 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

ack! eek! >,< i meant frank james not just "james" there! laughing

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 12:43 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

do you have an understanding of the plot for both movies yet?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 01:05 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

let me know if you have any ideas for the plot and how the story should start!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 01:22 AM
Darth Revan
-

Well, are we starting BTK's part of the story in New Mexico, or are we going straight to Tennessee?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 01:32 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i think the story could start out where btk is making his leave in new mexico and travel to tennessee, to where he heard it was safe for people like him. (sorry, darth! i've gtg now. dinner. not sure if i'll get back on later today. bye for now smokin' )

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 01:45 AM
Darth Revan
-

Alright... Well, do you want to just start? I've never done one of these before, sorry if I seem a little ignorant on the topic erm

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 11:13 PM