KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » I love Spiderman, but the movies suck

I love Spiderman, but the movies suck
Started by: jcvaldez

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jcvaldez

Barf I love Spiderman, but the movies suck

I have been a long time Spiderman fan. In fact if I can remember correctly, he was probably the first superhero I began to like. When the 1st Spiderman movie came I was excited! I thought "well it's about time"! I didn't love the movie, it had's flaws, but i liked it. The second movie came out, i actually liked it better than the 1st. Mostly because of Dr. Octopus was a better villian, he actually had a motive for what he was doing, rather than Green Goblin just being insane. Then, unfortunately, the 3rd installment came out. It was terrible, there were so many problems with it. I thought to myself "well forget about the 3rd one at least the first 2 were good". What's funny is that, I recently re-watched Spiderman 1 and 2, and they both suck as well!!
Sam Raimi is a horrible director! He is completely cheesy and cliché. Toby Maguire was a horrible choice to be Spiderman, as better choice ironically, would have been Topher Grace. I felt that my excitement and anticipation for a Spiderman movie clouded my judgement. I hope that if another Spiderman movie is going to happen... please, pleeease make a great movie, with a great director, story, and actors.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 06:33 PM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

There goes 90 seconds I will never get back. sad

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 09:56 PM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

You need to chill, bud. Besides, I thought that it was one of the single most epic trilogies ever made. The first film was the best superhero movie to date, the second was almost on the exact same level, and the third one was still pretty good, despite its flaws.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 03:06 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

the 2nd one was the best.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 03:17 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Toku King
You need to chill, bud. Besides, I thought that it was one of the single most epic trilogies ever made. The first film was the best superhero movie to date, the second was almost on the exact same level, and the third one was still pretty good, despite its flaws.

Co-signed.

I loved the Spiderman movie trilogy. 1 is my favorite, and 2 rules in epic amounts. And I enjoyed three despite its flaws. The inclusion of Venom, was enough for me, despite his terrible lack of screen time. Other than Venom's lack of screen time and Peter's dancing routine, I didnt see much wrong with the film.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 03:23 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I only hate 3 because TBH i only went to see it for Venom, and i find his representation to be completely wrong, if i was not a major fan of Spider-Man or if i really did not know much about Spider-Man, i am sure i would have enjoyed it.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 03:41 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Spider-man 2 was amazing, best film of the trilogy

Old Post May 1st, 2008 04:38 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by steverules

Co-signed.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 04:44 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Co-signed.

I loved the Spiderman movie trilogy. 1 is my favorite, and 2 rules in epic amounts. And I enjoyed three despite its flaws. The inclusion of Venom, was enough for me, despite his terrible lack of screen time. Other than Venom's lack of screen time and Peter's dancing routine, I didnt see much wrong with the film.

My big issues with SM3 were basically
-Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer, which was one of the worst Spider-Man retcons of all time(and we've seen some messed up retcons)
-Gwen being introduced this late in the game(even though the actress did an absolutely incredible job)
-Harry's horrible costume and silly surfer board
-Venom's lack of time to shine
-The fact that Brock constantly pulled back his scary Venom face
-Mary Jane Watson being kidnapped for the millionth time
-Mary Jane being such a nag, and virtually unlikable

Old Post May 1st, 2008 05:17 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by steverules

It was incredible, but I thought that the first was the best. It was just perfect in every way.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 05:18 PM
jcvaldez

Actually you need to realize that I'm right...

1st) the best comic book movie so far is BATMAN BEGINS
2nd) There are trilogies that are much better than Spiderman (ex. the original STAR WARS trilogy, IDIANA JONES, BACK TO THE FUTURE, THE BOURNE IDENITY trilogy... I know they are not comic book movies but they are better trilogies)
3rd) watch the movies again, they suck! why do i feel this you ask? i'll tell you.

1. Toby Maguire was a bad choice for Spiderman (he's not that great of an actor!) I didn't see him acting like Spiderman from the comics. Spiderman is a smarter, more clever, wittier, and sarcastic character than what Maguire portrayed on film.
2. Sam Raimi is an incredibly cheesy director. All the movies are filled with cliché scenes. Ex. Spiderman 2 - the scene when Spiderman saves the passangers on the train after the fight with Doc Ock. I admit that was cool, but! when the passangers carried him over their heads and he has his arm out like on the cross. Come ON! all tha was missing was the crown of thorns!
3. The stories for each movie are weak. Starting with the 3rd one. Boring! and Unstatifactory! There was so much hype about Venom, and what do you get? about 7 minutes of nothing. The whole sandman killing Uncle Ben...STUPID! Sandman even being in the movie... POINTLESS. The off and on again romance with MJ, the dancing, the emo crap, Harry Osborn being a wussy, it all sucked! About the Venom part, why was there no explanation of where the Venom symbiote came from? Do you think that scene of Peter taking with Dr. Conner was enough? The entire movie should of focused on Peter and Brok developing a bitter rivalry that resulted in a vicious battle. If you think that happened... it didn't it was in the last 30 minutes of the movie when it got interesting.

Spiderman 1 was ok
Spiderman 2 was better than one but still ok
Spiderman 3 completely sucked.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 05:52 PM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Star wars i agree with, The Dark knight is hopefully going to be the best Comic film and also Spider-Man 2 is the best of the three, no question.

Alfred M, Owns Defoe and Grace's performances.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 06:40 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by jcvaldez
Actually you need to realize that I'm right...

It's called an opinion, dude.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 08:20 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

And I may get flamed at, but I prefer the Spider-Man trilogy over all six Star Wars movies combined.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 08:20 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by jcvaldez
1. Toby Maguire was a bad choice for Spiderman (he's not that great of an actor!) I didn't see him acting like Spiderman from the comics. Spiderman is a smarter, more clever, wittier, and sarcastic character than what Maguire portrayed on film.

Is that Tobey's fault? No. Besides, I think his comebacks were fine as they were. "Here's your change!"

quote:
2. Sam Raimi is an incredibly cheesy director. All the movies are filled with cliché scenes. Ex. Spiderman 2 - the scene when Spiderman saves the passangers on the train after the fight with Doc Ock. I admit that was cool, but! when the passangers carried him over their heads and he has his arm out like on the cross. Come ON! all tha was missing was the crown of thorns!

I love that scene! It's not anything like Jesus. It's them trying to save someone who risked it all for them. And how does that mean Raimi's a bad director? It was an incredible moment.

quote:
3. The stories for each movie are weak. Starting with the 3rd one. Boring! and Unstatifactory! There was so much hype about Venom, and what do you get? about 7 minutes of nothing. The whole sandman killing Uncle Ben...STUPID! Sandman even being in the movie... POINTLESS. The off and on again romance with MJ, the dancing, the emo crap, Harry Osborn being a wussy, it all sucked! About the Venom part, why was there no explanation of where the Venom symbiote came from? Do you think that scene of Peter taking with Dr. Conner was enough? The entire movie should of focused on Peter and Brok developing a bitter rivalry that resulted in a vicious battle. If you think that happened... it didn't it was in the last 30 minutes of the movie when it got interesting.

Now you're just reaching. The films worked perfectly in story, and came together just like a puzzle.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 08:25 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

And I may get flamed at, but I prefer the Spider-Man trilogy over all six Star Wars movies combined.

Spider-Man 2 is better then Star Wars episode I and II but all Spider-Man films fail compered to TOT there just great movies.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 08:49 PM
Arachnid1

It was incredible, but I thought that the first was the best. It was just perfect in every way.
Co-signed. Number 1 wins it for me.

PWNT

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 01:02 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I have to agree with you. Star Wars is great, but it gets way too much credit, and I simply enjoy Spidey more.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 04:36 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

You people....i don't know.....

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 11:23 AM
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

1. was great!
2. was awesome!
3. was ok, but not really satisfactory!

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 11:40 AM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote