KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » What does your real name mean?

What does your real name mean?
Started by: Peloquin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

What does your real name mean?

Well kinda an off shoot to the what's your real name thread. Here's a link with historical meanings for names.

http://www.behindthename.com/

My first and second names put together means 'Bright shining power' heh heh heh.

What's yours?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:05 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZooropaFire
MelancholyMellonCollie

sad my names not in there.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:22 AM
ZooropaFire is currently offline Click here to Send ZooropaFire a Private Message Find more posts by ZooropaFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by ZooropaFire

that's strange. Do you have an uncommon name?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:28 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
charlit
LoVe Me xxxx

small or half or if u want my other name it means womanly

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:28 AM
charlit is currently offline Click here to Send charlit a Private Message Find more posts by charlit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by ZooropaFire

You're right your name wasn't there. Found it somewhere else though.

origin
Arabic

What does it mean?
Tranquility, devout. God-inspired peace of mind.

What's the gender (commonly)?
Female

Nice name by the way. smile

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:38 AM
Corran
Lucifer

Spear.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 09:18 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*Georgina_A*
those technicolour eyes

The male of my name means Farmer so i guess my name means famer girl... no expression

I'm a highschool lover....
& you're my favourite flavour.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 09:25 AM
*Georgina_A* is currently offline Click here to Send *Georgina_A* a Private Message Find more posts by *Georgina_A* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

KATHERINE f English
Pronounced: KATH-u-rin, KATH-rin
From the Greek name Aikaterine. The etymology is debated: it could derive from the earlier Greek name Hekaterine, which came from hekateros "each of the two"; it could derive from the name of the goddess HECATE; it could be related to Greek aikia "torture"; or it could be from a Coptic name meaning "my consecration of your name". The Romans falsely derived it from Greek katharos "pure" and changed their spelling from Katerina to Katharina to reflect this. The name belonged to a 4th-century saint and martyr from Alexandria who was tortured on the famous Catherine wheel. This name was also borne by two empresses of Russia, including Catherine the Great, and by three of Henry VIII's wives big grin

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:27 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

First name = Great Leader

Second Name = Gift from God

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:38 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kofmaster
Dealer wins not your game

my name means bringer of light...and its werid coz my initials spell LAMP WHAHAHA laughing

We hide behind the crimson door..

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:50 AM
kofmaster is currently offline Click here to Send kofmaster a Private Message Find more posts by kofmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I dunno...someone check it for me, I'm too lazy.

Kenneth Charles

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:54 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

KENNY m Scottish, English
Pronounced: KEN-ee
Pet form of KENNETH

KENNETH m Scottish, English
Pronounced: KEN-eth
Anglicized form of both COINNEACH (Possibly means "handsome" from Gaelic.) and CINÁED (Means "born of fire" in Gaelic. This was the name of the first king of the Scots and Picts (9th century).). This name was borne by the Scottish king Kenneth (Cináed) mac Alpin, who united the Scots and Picts in the 9th century. Another famous bearer was Kenneth Grahame, the Scottish novelist who wrote 'The Wind in the Willows'.

there

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 10:59 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent_Diva
Smith's Accomplice

AMY f English
Pronounced: AY-mee
Derived from Old French aimée meaning "beloved".

READ MY FAN FIC!!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 02:13 PM
Agent_Diva is currently offline Click here to Send Agent_Diva a Private Message Find more posts by Agent_Diva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Be@st
Elanor's Husband

my first name is gift of YAHWEH

If u look backwards in your life and smile , u have forgot about most of it.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 02:20 PM
Be@st is currently offline Click here to Send Be@st a Private Message Find more posts by Be@st Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

my name means 'Name of God' eek!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 04:58 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

DOROTHEA f English, German, Dutch
Pronounced: dor-o-THEE-a
Feminine form of the Late Latin name Dorotheus, from the Greek Dorotheos, which meant "gift of God" from Greek doron "gift" and theos "god". Dorothea was the name of two saints, including the patron saint of Prussia.

i'm the gift of god wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:04 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

well according to my name, i am god Happy Dance

i wander who i bought you for?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:05 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

dunno... i hjoope that not for bloo... i do't want to be her personal pet stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:08 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

"watchful, alert"
shifty

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:59 PM
Dirty Vader is currently offline Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

"Famous battle maid" messed

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 06:01 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote