KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kill Bill...Tarantino's Therapy Session!!

Kill Bill...Tarantino's Therapy Session!!
Started by: Yassin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Yassin
Finite

Kill Bill...Tarantino's Therapy Session!!

Well,i was surfing on the web and actually found an interesting article about Kill Bill...

http://metaphilm.com/philm.php?id=310_0_2_0

it's worth it!!!!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 11:45 PM
Yassin is currently offline Click here to Send Yassin a Private Message Find more posts by Yassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Wow. He makes a lot of good points, though I have to wonder just how much he's on the mark on some of them. I suppose only Q himself could say for sure.

For example: if Beatrix reclaims the strength of her femininity upon killing Bill, why is she in a heap on the floor in the next scene? This only said to me that she regretted killing Bill; that she would (possibly forever) be filled with doubt as to whether they couldn't have worked it out.

Nice find.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 12:30 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

"For example: if Beatrix reclaims the strength of her femininity upon killing Bill, why is she in a heap on the floor in the next scene? This only said to me that she regretted killing Bill; that she would (possibly forever) be filled with doubt as to whether they couldn't have worked it out."

She isn't crying that she killed BILL,but that she's back with reunited with her daughter...she just can't believe it. Tears of joywink

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 12:41 AM
Yassin is currently offline Click here to Send Yassin a Private Message Find more posts by Yassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Naw, I really think she's in pain crumpled up on the bathroom floor like that. Perceptions, I guess.

Anyway, that guy wrote another treatise a few years back, this one on "Pulp Fiction".

And an article disputing Conrad's analysis of that film.

EDIT: Something else...the author of the last article brings up Butch's lack of a father, which ties in with Q's father's absence playing a prominent role in KB (at least in Conrad's analysis of it). Notice, too, that Vernita's husband, the good Dr. Bell, is never seen (not even a picture). It seems as though his only purpose was to serve as a sperm donor for Niki's existence.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Last edited by roundisfunny on Sep 9th, 2004 at 12:59 AM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 12:50 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

Nice,i'm gonna check it outsmile

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 01:00 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Yassin
"For example: if Beatrix reclaims the strength of her femininity upon killing Bill, why is she in a heap on the floor in the next scene? This only said to me that she regretted killing Bill; that she would (possibly forever) be filled with doubt as to whether they couldn't have worked it out."

She isn't crying that she killed BILL,but that she's back with reunited with her daughter...she just can't believe it. Tears of joywink

i still say that she was crying for her master pai mei's death! after all his lessons did save her in the end from the coffin...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 01:08 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yassin
Finite

Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
i still say that she was crying for her master pai mei's death! after all his lessons did save her in the end from the coffin...

Heheheh,anyway i'm dying to see the fight between Bill and Pai Mei....why didn't Quintin recorded that!!! hehe

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 05:14 PM
Yassin
Finite

Check this out,another Kill Bill theory

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19..._tarantino.html

Some dude claims that the bride is the symbol of Russia....hmmm it kind of make sense no? The Crazy 88 were probably the children he himself butchered..anyways have fun.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 10:43 PM
roundisfunny

That's wacky. I read that Thursday, and it made me start thinking about how any philosophy could be attached to the movie (or any movie--Harold Ramis said he was contacted by people from every major religion after he made "Groundhog Day", who said "That's exactly what our religion teaches!").

"A Freudian Analysis of Tarantino" by me. Bear in mind, I have no idea what I'm talking about; I'm re-iterating psychobabble and applying it to what I've seen in his movies.

What are the first words out of the actor/director's mouth in his first major motion picture? A diatribe about the phallic metaphors he finds in what is arguably the greatest song (or at least breakthrough song) of one of the greatest (well--most well-known) pop culture icons of the era.

When Mr. Brown (Quentin Tarantino) waxes about Madonna's "Like A Virgin", he says that it is about a loose woman who, upon experiencing a massive penetration, reminisces about her first time. He is met with dissenting opinions on the subject, but it's never finally decided. Madonna herself reportedly sent Tarantino an autographed copy of the single, explaining that "It's about love, not dicks", but I for one haven't heard whether Mr. Brown's theory is his own, or if it is also Tarantino's.

In that speech (and in the speeches that follow), Tarantino seemed to be laying the groundwork for many of his sexual proclivities. The very next sexual reference refers to Toby, the little Chinese girl who was once a paramour of Joe Cabot. Interracial relationships are a staple of Tarantino's movies:

1) Joe Cabot and "Toby" (referenced only)
2) E-lois and Nice Guy Eddie (he never had a relationship with her, but he did fantasize about her)
3) Jimmy Dimick and Bonnie
4) Marsellus and Mia Wallace
5) Jackie Brown and Max Cherry (never consumated, but definitely some heat there)
6) Ordell Robbie and Melanie
7) O-ren Ishii's parents (not interracial per se, but the "impurity" of her parentage is a point of contention)

I deliberately left out Zed, Maynard and Marsellus, because rape has more to do with power and domination than anything resembling affection. Still, that angle is played up often in QT's movies. Drexl's house of ill repute undoubtedly had such relationships too, though none were evident (perhaps because Tony Scott directed the film?).

Bare feet, foot massages and other references have led many to believe that QT has a foot fetish of sorts, but this is discussed in detail in the existing articles. I'll move on.

Guns--the ultimate phallic symbol--or so the anti-gun lobby would have us believe--score highly in the Tarantino universe. The "Seinfeld" lookalike in Brett's bathroom still has his pants undone when he emerges, hand cannon blazing. Jules wonders first of all at the size of the gun. "It was bigger than him," marvels Jules. This is the same guy, who, before his manly pistol made him feared and revered in front of Brett, admitted that his girlfriend forbade him to eat meat.

Vincent suffers from "his gun going off prematurely", with potentially disasterous consequences. Winston Wolf doesn't carry a gun, but his demeanor is so intimidating that, even without one he is able to cow the two ruthless killers into stripping naked so that he can "squirt them with his hose".

Likewise, the swords in "Kill Bill" have a phallic significance. Budd, the only male member (no pun intended) of the DiVAS, doesn't use his sword--he falls back on the OTHER phallus--his trusty shotgun--which fails in leading to the Bride's downfall.

As for the vagina, well...Mr. Pink did say that his name sounded like "Mr. Pussy", which is exactly what he turned out to be. He ducked and covered when the shooting started (instead of choosing a side), then ran for the hills when it ended.

When Butch exits Maynard's dungeon ("leaving the womb") prematurely, he knows that he has to go back; that he is not complete. When he re-emerges, he is, in effect, being reborn into a warrior. And, like a newborn, he is covered in blood.

When Jackie holds the gun up against Ordell, she presses it up against his package, indicating that she is no longer the frail female, but on equal terms with him, holding the gun strategically in front of her pelvis.

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment--I knew I should have jotted down some notes when I thought of it four days ago. Oh well.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Last edited by roundisfunny on Sep 13th, 2004 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 02:42 AM
Bierbommetje

Cool theories smile

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 02:30 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote