KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Short people

Short people
Started by: Punkyhermy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Sleep Short people

I've heard numerous tales of woe about obesity and tall hieght.But shortness is also a problem is it not?!How come ppl don't care?!I mean magazines have dress tips for fat and tall people but what about us short and skinny ones?! confused

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:45 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I'll tell you something strange...

When I was about 18 I was measured at 6 foot, smack on. But when I went for my medical for my new job, they said I was a little over 5'10".

I'm bloody shrinking at an incredible rate! sad

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:52 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

*pats mech on the head*
there there... there there no expression

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:55 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

i was 5'5" in 7th grade and by the time i was in 8th grade i was 6'1" erm

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:57 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Short people

quote:
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
I've heard numerous tales of woe about obesity and tall hieght.But shortness is also a problem is it not?!How come ppl don't care?!I mean magazines have dress tips for fat and tall people but what about us short and skinny ones?! confused

I'll drink to that! People are always telling me they wish they could dress like me and that it must be SOOO easy for someone my size to find something that fits. Well, my universal response to them is that when they find this magical retail experience, then they should let me know. In America, there is a strong retail presence for the "middle of the road" consumer. By this I mean that there seems to be a cookie cutter mindset in this country. A small dress shirt in America could easily be a medium in other parts of the world. Almost every single dress shirt I have bought since the end of high school has had to be taken to the tailor. With very few exceptions, I can not wear clothes off the rack. Banana Republic used to be a godsend, since they were the only retail store that sold extra small dress tee's. Now, they too have gone the way of the mass market retailer and stopped carrying extra small.

In a country that puts so much emphasis on the super sized meal and the gallon of soda that comes with it, the little guy is left feeling short-handed and over stuffed...and poorly dressed.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:01 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naybean

ye i hate that - the way that every shop caters for the average height and build..... it sucks. Shoes are the worst for me though - being a women with UK size 8 feet sucks.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:25 PM
naybean is currently offline Click here to Send naybean a Private Message Find more posts by naybean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Almost all of my skirts, dresses and pants have to be taken up.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:29 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alice_In_Chains
JUNKHEAD

im short...i have stupid sized feet...

i pretty much screwed erm

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:44 PM
Alice_In_Chains is currently offline Click here to Send Alice_In_Chains a Private Message Find more posts by Alice_In_Chains Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

I've always been short, but hey I finally grew taller then Alana! MWAHAHA!!!! it took nearly sixteen long years BUT I DID IT!!!! I think I'm going to go call her shortstuff. rock

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 07:08 PM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

bahahaha, short people!

I used to be one of you, so I feel your pain...but I drown it out with laughter now! bahahaha!

Oh man, short people rock.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 07:08 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

you suck. mad

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 07:13 PM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naybean

quote:
Originally posted by Alice_In_Chains
im short...i have stupid sized feet...

i pretty much screwed erm

I'm the same. It doesnt usually bother me until i go shopping though.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 07:23 PM
naybean is currently offline Click here to Send naybean a Private Message Find more posts by naybean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by barbarossa
I've always been short, but hey I finally grew taller then Alana! MWAHAHA!!!! it took nearly sixteen long years BUT I DID IT!!!! I think I'm going to go call her shortstuff. rock

Yeah, my brother finally outgrew me...

I'm not really that short, but I'm not tall either...5'6", only average height...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 07:25 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

midgets really freak me out

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 08:27 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Nevermind that, but I think that it's worse being tall and or obese confused
If things don't fit for them, they can't just add on more confused

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 09:00 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

i dont like being short sad theres only one store in the mall that make jonior petites, but they're pretty expensive, so i don't have many pairs of blue jeans.
All my school pants had to be brought to the tailor's to be hemmed cause they were too long.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 09:35 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

midgets are wierd. i like being taller than my woman cool

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:04 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I don't have trouble finding clothes that fit, but it's funny to watch my sister shop for clothes or shoes... She's 13 and almost as tall as I am. And her feet a freaking huge. She told me once she can't order shoes off the internet because they don't carry her size anywhere messed When people meet her, they usually think she's 16 or 17.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:35 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spicy_Mchaggis
Evil Man Whore

amen to being short. i'm 5'5 and everything i buy except for t-shirts have to be tailored. i hope i make it another 6 inches.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:39 PM
Spicy_Mchaggis is currently offline Click here to Send Spicy_Mchaggis a Private Message Find more posts by Spicy_Mchaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

im 5' 5''

i have a weakness for tall guys though i hope the shorter ones takeno offence

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:39 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote