KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman dead

Superman dead
Started by: MF D00m

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Superman dead

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:41 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

oh crap.

Much as I hate it when people get mawkish over celebs ... that bums me out.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:43 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

wow that really sucks...I can't believe it sad

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:45 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

r.i.p. he was a legend

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 05:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

rip

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 06:08 AM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
that bums me out.

Absolutely.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 08:01 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Christopher Reeve, Actor in `Superman' Movies, Dies at Age 52

Oct. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Christopher Reeve, the ``Superman'' actor who was paralyzed in a fall from a horse nine years ago, died yesterday of heart failure. He was 52.

Reeve fell into a coma after going into cardiac arrest two days ago, and died at the Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco, New York, without regaining consciousness, his publicist Wesley Comb said in a statement.

The actor, who was born Sept. 25, 1952, in New York City, became famous for his role as the superhero who goes through life as newspaper reporter Clark Kent. Reeve played Superman in four movies, from 1978 through 1987.

After he broke his neck in the 1995 riding accident, Reeve became involved in promoting research to treat spinal-cord injuries. He appeared on television shows, including CNN's ``Larry King Live,'' to discuss his condition and medical developments that he hoped would one day let him walk again.

Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry last week cited Reeve as a supporter of controversial stem-cell research while debating with President George W. Bush. At a press conference last year, Reeve said it was unsettling how politics has stood in the way of medical research in the U.S.

In 2002, Reeve helped set up the Christopher & Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center in New Jersey to help provide information for paralyzed people and those caring for them.

Reeve also remained active as an actor, and in 1999 he received a Screen Actors Guild Award for his role as Jason Kemp in a television remake of ``Rear Window.'' He also received a Grammy award for his spoken album ``Still Me.''

Reeve is survived by his parents, Barbara Johnson and Franklin Reeve, his brother Benjamin Reeve, his wife Dana and their son Will, as well as by two children from a former relationship, Matthew and Alexandra.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 08:40 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

A great loss.
R.I.P Reeves.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 01:34 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

This was rather unexpected. When the hell did he lose all of his hair? If you guys look, a lot of people are reporting about some conference he did just last week, and judging by the pictures he really looked like hell. All of his hair and eyebrows were gone, and his his eyes looked really concaved. I wonder if something else was wrong with him.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 02:56 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
This was rather unexpected. When the hell did he lose all of his hair? If you guys look, a lot of people are reporting about some conference he did just last week, and judging by the pictures he really looked like hell. All of his hair and eyebrows were gone, and his his eyes looked really concaved. I wonder if something else was wrong with him.

Well he did suffer an infection just before he died. As for the hair, he lost it a while ago but he wore a wig whenever he was on TV like Smallville. I will miss him.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 09:21 PM
Praylu

ABC 20/20 Tribute to Christopher Reeve Tonight!
Source: ABC
October 11, 2004

ABC has announced it will be showing a special 20/20 tribute to the one and only Superman, Christopher Reeve, tonight:

Barbara Walters hosts a special 20/20 tribute to Christopher Reeve, featuring some of the most memorable moments from Walters' interviews with Reeve and his incredible legacy. The special airs tonight at 8 p.m. ET and following Monday Night Football on the West Coast.

Don't miss this special look at one of the most incredible persons to have ever lived.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 12:46 AM
Praylu

Christopher Reeve 1952-2004
Source: Excelsior!
October 11, 2004

SHH Tribute by Chris 'Excelsior' Mason

I can still remember the first time in 1978 that I saw SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE, I was 16 years old it was the first summer after Star Wars had taken the world by storm. I had gone to the theater to see Superman and I ended up staying there ALL day watching the film 3 times in a row. The promotion for the film was “you will be believe a man can fly” - I did, we all did. It was not the special effects that made us believe a man could fly - it was CHRISTOPHER REEVE. Never before or since has an actor been so perfect for a character, Reeve was without a doubt born to play Superman. He accepted a roll that would forever cement him in the minds of fans as the last son of Krypton. Many actors had passed on playing the part fearing that they would be typecast and never work again. Reeve would put on the cape and trunks for three sequels. That took guts.

Nine years ago we were all shocked when Reeve, during an equestrian meet was tossed from his horse and paralyzed from the neck down. In the months and years that passed we were all convinced thru his sheer force of will and determination that he would walk again. I for one was convinced that if anyone could do it, it would be Superman. I knew in my heart that Christopher Reeve would walk again… it was only a matter of time. Sadly time was not on his side. His life should not be measured by the simple fact that he played Superman or that he was paralyzed… no he accomplished so much more than that, and most of it from his wheelchair. Reeve had become an accomplished director, doing TV movies, he had become an outspoken advocate for stem cell research often appearing before congress to try and get all matter of legislation passed. He founded the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation to further aid his cause. His most recent notable on-screen appearance was as the mysterious Dr. Swan on Smallville.

Let us not mourn the passing of SUPERMAN, he will live forever. Let us instead praise the life of CHRISTOPHER REEVE and see to it that the work he was doing will continue, and that in the not too distant future the thousands in wheelchairs today will be able to walk tomorrow.

If there is a heaven, Christopher Reeve is up there now soaring higher than Superman ever could.

Christopher Reeve 1952 – 2004

To learn more about the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, click HERE.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 02:35 AM