KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » should movie comps. make their version of comic book movies(ITS FOR A TERM PAPER)

should movie comps. make their version of comic book movies(ITS FOR A TERM PAPER)
Started by: snowninja

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snowninja
snowninja

Question should movie comps. make their version of comic book movies(ITS FOR A TERM PAPER)

embarrasment yeah, whatever opinions, quotes, ect. you have on this topic let me know PLZ!!! big grin refrences would be great

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 08:52 PM
snowninja is currently offline Click here to Send snowninja a Private Message Find more posts by snowninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Flame

Are you asking if movie companies should make movies based strictly on comics, or if they should be free to use the characters in a way that's not consistent with comic book canon?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 09:44 PM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yeah. We need a more precise question. Also, if it's for a term paper, give us what you have so far; spell and punctuate your post correctly so we can understand what you need.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 12:55 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowninja
snowninja

Should the movie companies make the movie based on the comic book or feel free to add their own canon? I'm against it, but I would just like to have other peoples opinion on it

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 07:33 PM
snowninja is currently offline Click here to Send snowninja a Private Message Find more posts by snowninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I would rather see it based off of an existing comic book story. However, since they only use the comics as a basis, the original article will never be truly 100% faithfully presented. My main request is that a movie remain faithful to the spirit of the characters and story. Sometimes being too literal would hinder a movie--Peter Parker creating his own webshooters would have taken another half an hour of exposition to get it right. As long as the movie remains faithful to the spirit of the character, I'm usually a happy camper. Ideally, each movie would be like Sin City--with the writer/creator directing it and ripping scenes and dialogue straight from the book, but Spider-Man, X-Men and Batman Begins didn't do that and they were wonderful films. X-Men and Batman Begins essential told--to my knowledge, pretty much an all new story, but a story firmly planted in their respective mythos. It's no big stretch for Ra's Al Ghul to act the way he did in Batman, or for Magneto to try a massive mutation wave, or whatnot in X-Men.

Over the years there have been so many interpretations, who is to say there is a correct one? Certainly, I would err on the side of the original comics, but even those can be so contradictory and confusing.

I'd be interested in seeing your paper as it progresses, and would be happy to put forth any more of my opinions as needed. smile

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 01:51 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I agree, scarletspider

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 11:09 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

In some cases they should, with better knwon characters, like Spiderman, which they didn't do and Batman. But if the character is lesser knwon, Like Blade for example, they should be free to change some things. In Blade's cases I think it was for the best because, the Blade in the original comics looked like a Shaft reject, and so they changed it and the movies turned out awesome. Over all they should have some creative leeway but not abucnh.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 02:58 AM
Lighthammer is currently offline Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Most of the characters who are being made into movies have a good forty hears of continuity behind them; this is not a good thing. It's stiffling. I think it's good that movies give companies the chance to mess around a little without worrying, for example, that the villain they want to use was killed off in some crappy company-wide crossover event. In other words, they should stay true to the character, but not let continuity get in the way of a good story.

But ... if you put down an internet message board as one of your sources for a term paper, your instructer's going to throw something at you. At least he should.

Last edited by Gregory on Feb 25th, 2006 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2006 01:54 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I just hope they keep loyal to the characters... in essence, though I dont give a f**k for continuity... as long as we don't see a repeat of 2catwoman"

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2006 11:17 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote