KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » TPT's NINJA GAME Combat Thread Version 2.0

TPT's NINJA GAME Combat Thread Version 2.0
Started by: Tptmanno1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

TPT's NINJA GAME Combat Thread Version 2.0

[b]Combat Update 2.0![b]
(Ush please close the old one)
First of all, I will tell you the changes.
[I] I have added Defensive moves, because I thought that there weren’t enough options and people needed guidance on how to defend. I also added Base stats because I thought that this game needed something else, some stats that would allow you to further specify your character. I got this idea when Darth Reven said that his char focused more on strength than speed. I thought that other people had more ideas about their characters specifics. Lastly I made minor fixes to the existing templates, Stealth Strike for example is now fixed. If anyone has any ideas of moves they want to see or additional stats or something, feel free to PM me. I like to feel wanted.[I]

Without further ado, the combat thread!

Ninja Moves/Set-up/Combat thingy

This Set-up system will look and feel very similar to Ush’s Matrix one. But there are some major differences. For one, in the matrix the rebels can defy physics and human limit and such. Ninjas can’t. Also I threw out the main Path system because it would not work as well being as I wanted to integrate certain moves into the system, and because a Ninja has a huge amount of versatility. There are minor parts of the path that I am using just because it works well.

Also the combat system will work similarly to the matrix one. But there will be no focus or stuff like that. Instead I devised a Stamina system. You start with 0 and work your way up to 50, once you reach 50 you lose a turn. For those of you not familiar with the matrix game, the combat will be split up into turns, then into rounds. 20 turns per round. This is a huge difference from the matrix game. In Ush’s matrix game a turn is about 5 seconds, in mine it’s about a minute. Also your stamina resets after a round or after you have been exerted out. This is another reason why I made rounds so long. I wanted to make you have to chose wisely about what moves you use.

Ok, enough chit-chat, now on to the fun stuff!

Ninjas have a huge variety of weapons at their disposal. Also they have modifiers like poison that they can equip to their weapons to make them hit harder, or have strange effects.

For your set up, you have 50 points, each thing costs a certain number of points to buy then a certain number of stamina points to use in battle. Also each attack has a base damage. This is how much it hits before the die roll. The die roll either adds or subtracts from you damage. You start out with 20 hit points. This will be shown as “points to buy/stamina/base damage”

Sorry about this folks BUT....
Update 1.01 is here meaning (I remembered stuff I should have put in the first one) and the addition of a NEW STYLE!! *cries of YAY in the background*

Swords
(middle of the road weapons, good balance of stamina and damage)

Sword Style (necessary to use a sword, Sword style is also used if you want to do something flashy with your sword. Eg. Spin it around before battle or something) 6/3/0
Light strike (fast but light slashing attach, cheap but not deadly) 5/5/5
Medium strike (normal speed strike with moderate damage) 6/6/6
Hard strike (slow but powerful attack with lots of damage) 8/8/8
Quick stab (fast stab with the sword) 4/4/4
Finishing stab (very effective stab, jump into the air and plunge your sword into an enemy, only works on fallen enemies) 8/8/10
Strike of the Tiger (Ninja signature sword move, most often seen in anime, a jump/lunge forward with a lightning fast slash, then land behind them and watch you enemy stagger and die. Definitly a finisher. Damage is based on stamina level of opponent. Opponents stamina minus yours plus 10 = damage) 10/15/?
Ram of the Rhino (50%chance of knocking your enemy down) 9/9/3

Staff/Bo
(heavy damage, high stamina rate but high damage)

Staff style 9/4/0
Light bash (bash one person) 5/5/6
Medium bash 8/8/10
Heavy bash 10/10/12
Double light bash (hit two different opponents or hit one twice) 8/8/6
Double medium bash 10/10/8
Vaulting kick (pole vault feet first into an enemy, finisher) 12/12/12
Eagle Strike (Fallen enemy move, made famous by Neo in Reloaded, heft you staff high and bring it smashing down on the fallen body of your enemy) 11/11/11
Knee Smasher (50% chance of knocking your enemy down, bring your staff around at knee level and knock his feet out from under him) 9/9/4

Nunchucks
(light damage, light exertion, yet has the ability to trap the enemy)
Nunchuck style 4/2/0
Light smash 4/4/4
Medium smash 5/5/5
Heavy smash 6/6/6
Sword/Staff lock (wrap your nunchucks around and enemy’s sword or staffs, thus disarming him and dealing light damage. May break sword or staff.) 7/7/3
Arm lock (same as sword but effectivly traps person, dealing constant damage, does not work if person has sword or staff, or nunchucks) 8/8/5 per turn
Neck lock (put person in choke-hold, dealing massave damage but high stamina) 10/10/10 per turn
Talon of the Hawk (Fallen enemy move, Spin your nunchucks and bring them smashing down upon your enemy) 10/10/10

Blowgun
(cheap, but to do effective damage must be modified by poison)

Blowgun style 5/0/0
Dart fire 3/3/3

Knives
(stealthy and effective)

Knife style 4/4/0
Light strike 3/3/3
Medium strike 4/4/4
Heavy strike 5/5/5
Stealth slice (drop from behind and slash an enemey’s throat, only effective on low level enemies) 5/5/?

Double Knives style (usage of two knives, dur) 6/5/0
Double light slash (attack on up to 2 enemies) 2/2/2
Double medium slash 4/4/4
Double heavy slash 6/6/6

Plunge of the Tiger (fallen move, leap into the air and bring your knife, or knives plunging down into your enemy) 9/9/9
Throwing
(this allows you to throw Shuriken)

Throwing style 4/0/0
Quick throw 3/2/3
Hard throw 4/3/4

Modifyers
(adds effects to weapons, knives, darts and shuriken only)

Poison making 6/0/0
Stun poison (50% chance of knocking an enemy out for a turn) 9/0/0
Regular poison (add +3 to any attack) 6/0/0
Blinding poison (gives enemy –3 to hit next turn) 6/0/0
Lasting poison (gives 1 damage every turn)

Unarmed combat
(ok this one is different from the other styles as everyone can do a light punch 0/2/2 and light kick 0/3/3 for free! but to do advanced moves you still need to buy them)
Unarmed combat style 4/5/0
Medium punch 3/3/3
Hard punch 4/4/4
Uppercut (25% to down opponent) 6/6/6
Medium kick 5/5/5
Hard kick 6/6/6
Roundhouse kick (25% to Down opponent) 7/7/8
Disarm (50% chance to disarm the opponent) 7/7/0
Hold (do constant damage) 6/6/3
Strangle (Stealth attack!) 5/5/?
Throw (Knocks down opponent leaving you able to use Knocked attackes at him) 6/6/0
Item pickup (lets you pick up a dropped weapon in battle) 3/3/0
Snake Strike (Down attack, fall to one knee and deliver an extremely hard punch to your enemy) 5/5/7

Defensive Moves

These are the most basic defensive moves, they done cost anything to buy, and the stamina points may be negated depending on what base stats you choose.

Avoid-This is the basic move slightly to get out of the way defence- cost-3 stamina
Dodge-different than avoid, this is a more major move, like diving out of the way or jumping backwards- cost 3 stamina
Parry-attempt to block the strike-cost 4 stamina

Base Stats
These are to specialize you character, these points are calculated both inside and outside of battle, For example spped may help you run through a corridor quickly and escape detection, and may let you go first in battle, But strength adds +1 to all attacks that hit. So it just depends on what you want you character to be. Also I might say, to move this object you need level 2 strength, and then if a person on your team has that then you may be able to get what’s behind the object.

You each get 3 points now to spend on your Base stats you may get more depending on how well you do in the missions and such. There are three levels right now (I may add more) to each stat. Each one has a better effect than the pervious level.

Strength
Level 1-Cost 1 point
Add +1 to all heavy attacks on basic enemies that hit. Also be able to lift objects. Reduces parry stamina to 1.
Level 2-Cost 2 points
Add +1 to all heavy attacks that hit. Able to lift heavier objects. Eliminates Parry stamina all together.
Level 3 –cost 3 points
Add +2 to all heavy attacks on basic enemies that hit. Able to lift heavier objects. Eliminates Parry stamina all together

Speed
Level-1
Able to run faster past Guards to avoid detection. Other uses. Chance to go first in battle. Decreases Dodge stamina to 1.
Level 2
Able to run faster past Guards to avoid detection. Other uses. Chance to go first in battle. Decreases Dodge stamina to 0. Adds +1 to all quick attacks.
Level 3
Able to run faster past Guards to avoid detection. Other uses. Chance to go first in battle. Decreases Dodge stamina to 0. Adds +2 to all quick attacks.

Agility
Level 1
Able to avoid flying objects and such. Decreases Avoid stamina to 1.
Level 2
Able to avoid flying objects and such. Decreases Avoid stamina to 0. Ability to break holds better/get up faster in battle.
Level 3
Able to avoid flying objects and such. Decreases Avoid stamina to 1. Ability to break holds better/get up faster in battle. May be able to reverse holds

Stealth
Level 1
In game uses, scale walls, sneak around and deception in front of people.(Important in missions)
Level 2
In game uses, scale walls, sneak around and deception in front of people.(Important in missions) Added chance of hitting a stealth strike
Level 3
In game uses, scale walls, sneak around and deception in front of people.(Important in missions) Added chance of hitting a stealth strike. Can break into almost anything.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 09:07 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Current Players
Here are what our current players look like.

Takeshi Aieku –Played by SpikeSpiegel
Sword Style - 6/3/0
Light strike - 3/3/3
Medium strike - 5/5/4
Strike of the Tiger - 10/15/?
Throwing style - 4/0/0
Quick throw - 3/2/3
Hard throw - 4/3/4
Quick Stab 4/4/4
MA style 4/5/0
Medium punch 4/4/4

3 left over

Trickster
Knife style 4/4/0
Light strike 3/3/3
Medium strike 4/4/4
Heavy strike 5/5/5

Double Knives style 6/5/0
Double light slash 2/2/2

Unarmed combat style 4/5/0
Uppercut (25% to down opponent) 6/6/6
Medium kick 5/5/5
Roundhouse kick (25% to Down opponent) 7/7/8
Throwing style 4/0/0
Stealth level 2

Darth Reven A.k.a Tokugawa
sword style-6/3/0
medium strike-6/6/6
hard strike-8/8/8
finishing stab-8/8/10
quick stab-4/4/4
unarmed style-4/5/0
throw-6/6/0
medium punch-3/3/3
hard punch-4/4/4

strength: level 1
stealth: level 1
speed: level 1

Tigereyes456

sword 6/3/0
light2/2/0
med5/2/0
strike of the tiger10/15/?
nunchuku( i do martial arts and hate nunchucks) 4/2/0
hard 5/4/5
sword/staff lock 7/7/3
neck lock 10/10/10
roundhouse kick 7/7/0
item pick up 3/3/0
9 POINT OVERSPENT

Fallin Angel
Double knives style 6/5/0
Doulbe light slash 2/2/2
Double medium slash 4/4/4
Stealth slice 5/5/?
Plunge of the tiger 9/9/9
Throwing style 4/0/0
Quick throw 3/2/3
Poison making 6/0/0
Unarmed combat style 4/5/6
Throw 6/6/0
Strangle 5/5/?
Roundhouse kick 7/7/8
9 POINT OVERSPENT!

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 26th, 2004 at 12:46 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 09:07 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

1 on strength, 2 on stealth? Is that ok?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 10:04 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

No, that doesn't work, to get to level 2 on one of them you have to pay 3 points, one for level one then 2 for level 2

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 11:57 PM
Darth Revan
-

sword style-6/3/0
medium strike-6/6/6
hard strike-8/8/8
finishing stab-8/8/10
quick stab-4/4/4
unarmed style-4/5/0
throw-6/6/0
medium punch-3/3/3
hard punch-4/4/4

strength: level 1
stealth: level 1
speed: level 1

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 02:12 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Oh and I have a question--do we ever get more than 50 set up points?

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 02:13 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I shall take agility lv 2 and stealth lv1 and sort the rest out l8r

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 07:14 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Spike Can't do that,
See above thread

Revan, you may depending on how well you do in the missions

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 10:04 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

2 on stealth then :P

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 10:35 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

OK so I'll have Agility 1, Stealth 1 and Speed 1

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 07:25 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

So I'm cool right

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 02:15 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

yea revan your koo

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:03 AM
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

how can i be over..i thought we had 50 points...help!

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:09 AM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I thought I was ok too but I added it up wrong... You must have too...

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 03:13 AM
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

i didn't add it..he did..tptmanno

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 05:01 AM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I added it up and he was right... Anyways, if I were you, I'd get rid of 'neck lock'...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 06:14 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Tigereyes,
I add up the FIRST numbers.
I'll bug Ush to update.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 10:12 PM
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

ahh i'm lost...

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 04:15 AM
Darth Revan
-

just get rid of nine points worth of stuff and you're fine

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 06:17 AM
biee_504

can you add a samurai class to it

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 10:38 PM
biee_504 is currently offline Click here to Send biee_504 a Private Message Find more posts by biee_504 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote