KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » "The Producers" from the mind of mel brooks

"The Producers" from the mind of mel brooks
Started by: SirIanRocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SirIanRocks

The Producers

I was wondering if anyone out there saw the orginal version of The Producers???

Old Post May 8th, 2004 04:48 AM
SirIanRocks is currently offline Click here to Send SirIanRocks a Private Message Find more posts by SirIanRocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

"The Producers" from the mind of mel brooks

Mel Brooks told the Hollywood Reporter that his movie musical The Producers will begin filming in February at a new studio in Brooklyn because of a new tax credit designed to bring more movies to New York.

The Universal Pictures film stars Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick in the roles they played on Broadway; Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell co-star.

While the movie is all about New York -- taking place in Central Park and elsewhere in Manhattan -- Brooks said that without the new state-supported tax credit, it couldn't have been filmed there.

It's scheduled for release at Christmas 2005.

Now honestally i would definatally see this movie, only because of nathan lane, matthew broderics, and becasue its from the brilliant mind of mel brooks

Old Post Oct 6th, 2004 02:46 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SirIanRocks

finally another person who likes the producers

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 08:26 PM
SirIanRocks is currently offline Click here to Send SirIanRocks a Private Message Find more posts by SirIanRocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Mel Brooks could use a hit right about now.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 10:24 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

most definatally

One little spark...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 10:27 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I seen the original and the play. the original is funny but the play blew it away,especially 'spring time for hitler'! I am so excited that mel is putting it to film..I looked all over after the play hoping it was filmed and for sale but no luck..I honestly can't wait ,it's going to be amazing!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:08 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Are you saying the play is better than the zero mostel / gene wilder movie? Can you be serious?

Who was the cast when you saw it? I was tempted by the london version because I like richard dreyfus - but I dont anticipate it being better than the movie... sheesh...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:27 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
Are you saying the play is better than the zero mostel / gene wilder movie? Can you be serious?

Who was the cast when you saw it? I was tempted by the london version because I like richard dreyfus - but I dont anticipate it being better than the movie... sheesh...
I know that I was saying allot on my part..and believe me I consider gene wilder god..perhaps it would have been more appropriate to say that they were both great just different.

but honestly when I seen they play I literally had tears in my eyes and my ribs hurt from laughter...and the actors weren't even people I recognised (and can't remember there names of hand) and it was still remarkable..I believe you will surprised

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 04:47 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote