KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Order of the Phoenix - OFFICIAL THREAD - ~*~SPOILERS~*~

Did you like Harry being constantly angry in Book 5?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, of course. 24 60.00%
No, I didnt. 16 40.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Order of the Phoenix - OFFICIAL THREAD - ~*~SPOILERS~*~
Started by: Catch 22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (55): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Catch 22
Disinterested

Harry Potter V - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

OK, so right now there is all this hype and that's really what I'm posting about.

I have to admit that I have never read one of these books. My only awareness of Mr. Potter is through the two movies thus far released. However those I have spoken two have told me that the books they have read are actually quite dull, boring and badly written.

With Book 5 only a few weeks away there has already been controversy over the discovery of 2 copies of the book in a field, not far from the publishes factory. As of last night these two copies were in the safe of the SUN newspaper, a trashy UK tabloid.

To me this seems like an orchestrated event, though this morning they say that some youths have been arrested in relation to this apparent theft.

Is this a publicity stunt??? And will you be buying Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Catch 22!

Old Post May 8th, 2003 03:51 PM
Catch 22 is currently offline Click here to Send Catch 22 a Private Message Find more posts by Catch 22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

no. I tried to read the first one but i found it to ..kid-y.
And my7 YEARS old cousing was reading at the time. That should say something about who should read it.

Old Post May 8th, 2003 05:23 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Sorry, guys, but the Harry Potter phenomenon will live on. I ADORE the books - they're by no way "kid-y".

I know your entitled to your opinion, but I'm an A level English student, and I often review books - Harry Potter is an excellent series. It's by no means just for kids, many adults enjoy the series, and I think there will always be more people that like it than don't.

Old Post May 8th, 2003 05:45 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

heck, sw is a kids movie though, and around this place... there are some 30+ posters too

Old Post May 8th, 2003 05:48 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

ergh...that's different big grin stick out tongue
i bet that most of the adults that read it, phoenix, do it either because it reminds them of their childhood (and enhacements on this idea), or just for the sake of it, or..boredom (ok...this...probably not).
I completly understand why an older person would read it.

When i tried to read it, i was in the middle of 'the silmarillion' and ..well...you know they can't be compared.
And now, when i've finished dune...i'm gonna be more picky about books than ever.
I even immagine the NJO childish...think about how i'd like HP.

Old Post May 8th, 2003 07:26 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I read them because I enjoy them, Dexx... is that too hard for you to understand?

I don't see why a publicity stunt is necessary.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 8th, 2003 09:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

wasn't the sun that had nude girls on page 3? and the books weren't boring, whoever told you that needs to watch less tv.

Old Post May 9th, 2003 02:09 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I read them because I enjoy them, Dexx... is that too hard for you to understand?

understand what, on no explanation. Didn't know you read them.

Old Post May 9th, 2003 06:23 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That I enjoy them as books. I do not read them just for the sake of it, or because it reminds me of my childhood, or any bullshit reason like that. I read them because I enjoy them on the same level as books like LOTR so do not try and pretend that only children enjoy these books.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 9th, 2003 10:43 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

no...that wasn't my point at all.

Old Post May 9th, 2003 03:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It certainly looks a heck of a lot like your point, seeing as you said that your 7-year old cousin reading it should give an idea of who should be reading it, and then listed the exact things I just said.

BtVS

Old Post May 9th, 2003 06:01 PM
Julie
The Student

I will read the HP books...one day....but there in the middle of a very long list of books to read

Old Post May 9th, 2003 07:06 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Miffed

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It certainly looks a heck of a lot like your point, seeing as you said that your 7-year old cousin reading it should give an idea of who should be reading it, and then listed the exact things I just said.

ok..so that was my point...big deal stick out tongue

Old Post May 9th, 2003 07:13 PM
Julie
The Student

make up your mind

Old Post May 9th, 2003 07:21 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

It's a kid-y book and i'd rather see in in my stove burning at millions of kelvin degrees and having it's every page on a slice of bread than read it. clear enough? big grinstick out tongue

Old Post May 9th, 2003 07:34 PM
Julie
The Student

yes....BTW paper burns at Fahrenheit 451

Old Post May 9th, 2003 07:38 PM
Dexx
wingless

*writes that down*

Old Post May 9th, 2003 07:44 PM
Julie
The Student

don't even think about it

Old Post May 9th, 2003 07:45 PM
Dexx
wingless

too late

Old Post May 9th, 2003 07:46 PM
Julie
The Student

* dashes for a cup of water to throw on any fire Dexx starts*

Old Post May 9th, 2003 07:49 PM