KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » What movie will make the most this year in box office?

What movie will make the most this year in box office?
Started by: To Suffer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
To Suffer

What movie will make the most this year in box office?

What movie do you think will make the most movie in 2006? How much?

I think in May there are a lot of movies that will get over 100 million such as Poseidon, X-Men 3, M:I:III, Da Vinci Code, and Superman Returns. This month will defninitely include the years biggest movie and I think that movie is Da Vinci Code.

I am saying Da Vinci Code will make the most money in 2006 because of the book sales and the hype. All these type of controversial films rack up big money. I can picture Da Vinci Code making some where between 300 million between 400 million and making almost 100 million on it's first week. This film does look pretty decent too. It looks sort of like The Lord of the Rings but I think some Christian movie critics won't enjoy it too much.

The runner up for the years top grossing movie will be Pirate's of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest. The first movie made a huge amount of money and the sequel of a block buster making film always gets a crap load of money such as Lethal Weapon 2, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Karate Kid 2, Back to the Future 2, etc. But don't be suprised if this sequel isn't as good as the first one. The sequel is usually worse than the first one but may turn out to be one of the top sequels ever made such as Lord of the Rings and the Godfather Part 2. This movie will make 290-310 million I predict

A third top grossing movie I believe will be the animated Cars movie. That movie contains all of Hollywoods stars and I can picture it turning out to be another movie like Toy Story. I think this film will be very fun for the kids like any other diney pixar animated film and will rack up a lot of money. I predict Cars being a great movie with earnings up to 250-290 million.

Here are the top ten grossing films of 2006 I predict:
1. Da Vinci Code, 380-400 million
2. Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest, 290-310 million
3. Cars, 250-290 million
4. Miami Vice, 230 million
5. Mission Impossible 3 200-230 million
6. Rocky VI 210-220 million
7. X-Men: The Last Stand 200-210 million
8. Poseidon 190-200 million
9. Ice Age: The Meltdown 190 million (already in theaters)
10. Superman Returns 170-200 million

Last edited by To Suffer on May 2nd, 2006 at 03:49 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 03:46 AM
To Suffer is currently offline Click here to Send To Suffer a Private Message Find more posts by To Suffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:

Rocky VI 210-220 million

No. ****ing. Way.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 05:13 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hahaha, my reaction exactly.

Probably Pirates of the Carribean or Superman.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 05:33 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Re: What movie will make the most this year in box office?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by To Suffer
It looks sort of like The Lord of the Rings but I think some Christian movie critics won't enjoy it too much.

How does a movie based on a shit book about secrets hidden in paintings look anything at all like LOTR?

Anyway...

Miami Vice will probably be excellent, but it won't make anywhere $200 million. Poseidon will be a huge flop because it will be crap. Finally, I think you are severely underestimating the amount Superman will make considering both Spiderman movies made over $200 million.

This conjecture is all pointless anyway. The money a movie makes has little correlation to the quality of a film. Titanic proves that.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 05:34 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

Is this guy ****ing insane?

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 06:16 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I'd say POTC2.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 07:51 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by office jesus
Is this guy ****ing insane?

No, he's just expressing his opinion.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 11:06 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by Wolfie
I'd say POTC2.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 02:15 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Yeah i got to go with POTC2 as well,then the poseidon for second,thats the one with kurt russell about the ship right? because thats the one I think will be in second.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 05:01 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Dusty
No, he's just expressing his opinion.

Insane people can express their opinion as well.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 05:17 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'd say it probably will be the da vinci code...unfortunately

followed by superman returns and whatever drivel harry potter shit comes out (if any this year)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 06:33 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
To Suffer

Jesus, why are so many people pissed. Just because I said Da Vinci Code looks like LOTR some self centered guy blows up. What's all the criticism? The moderator says I'm aloud to express my opinion. I will take Miami Vice off the list and replace is with POTC2. As for Rocky VI, it will do well. People are hyped about it man.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 10:59 PM
To Suffer is currently offline Click here to Send To Suffer a Private Message Find more posts by To Suffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

X-Men 3 most likely will be the biggest money maker.

Snakes on the Plane most likely will make a few millions. The hype will increase as the release date approaches.

I really hope Miami Vice won't flop. I love the tv show and I'm putting my trust on Mann.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 12:43 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by To Suffer
Just because I said Da Vinci Code looks like LOTR some self centered guy blows up. What's all the criticism? The moderator says I'm aloud to express my opinion.

Why are you whimpering? I didn't 'blow-up', I didn't even fizzle. You made a ridiculous statement, and then I questioned you on it. Da Vinci Code looks absolutely nothing like LOTR. I still don't know how you came to the conclusion that it does seeing as you decided to make sad sounds instead of respond to it. Sure...express your opinion, but don't moan when everyone else expresses theirs; that's kind of how this discussion thing works.

PS. You already had POTC2 on your list.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 12:53 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

i think the davinci code- wont do well because of tom hanks's hair(j/k) .
xmen -3 will siuck ass
superman maybe(kevin spacey as lex-yeesh)
pirates 2-i cant believe depp got nominated for a oscar for the first one.
posiedan-another shitty remake
mission impossible 3-i tihnk this will be the bignning of the end for tom
rocky 6-bullshit,not even close to being in production-(obvious reasons)
miami vice-i knew jamie fox got lucky with 'ray'
cars-saw the trailers wasnt impressed

overall i tihnk its a shitty year for mainstream movies.
davinci code might top gross?

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 04:28 AM
Jarshewa is currently offline Click here to Send Jarshewa a Private Message Find more posts by Jarshewa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

The documentary on my chest hair.

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 08:44 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tired Hiker
The documentary on my chest hair.

cant see anyone spending 13 hours in the cinema though...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 09:20 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrsmith007

i think x-men 3 will do well; so will the davinci code and superman. then maybe pirates of the caribbean 2.

cars has been rumoured to be the first potential flop for pixar animation!? no way will it make close to £200 million...

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 10:05 AM
mrsmith007 is currently offline Click here to Send mrsmith007 a Private Message Find more posts by mrsmith007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I think POTC2 will make the most at the box office.. I won't be going to watch it though..

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 05:42 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

For my cast:

X-Men 3 will make a hefty amount. If not, the most.

And Pirates of the Caribbean 2 will most likely take the cake. The first was so overrated and received so much more than it deserved. Fans have been counting down the days.

Last edited by Dusty on May 3rd, 2006 at 11:08 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2006 08:35 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote