KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Best Summer Movie

Which is your favorite summer movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Spiderman 2 5 31.25%
Shrek 2 3 18.75%
the Bourne Supremacy 1 6.25%
I, robot 2 12.50%
Collateral 2 12.50%
Anchorman 0 0%
Dodgeball 0 0%
Chronicles of Riddick 0 0%
Napolean Dynamite 2 12.50%
AVP 1 6.25%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Summer Movie
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Best Summer Movie

vote and tell why

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 07:44 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"The Manchurian Candidate", just because it was an all around fantastic political thriller, without being biased or heavyhanded in any way. In addition to being well acted, and gripping.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 08:02 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiderman 2, but when I see AVP that will probably be it

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 09:25 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cant believe Anchorman got in the poll and "The Village" didnt erm

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 10:54 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

Mancrian Can. or Bourn Supremacey because manchurian was so good i didnt blink and cuz denzel owns all otha actors and bourne supremacy cuz it was good and its the only time i like matt damon

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:18 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I say Manchurian Candidate as well. How is that not there yet Collateral is?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:27 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

cuz it just came out so not many have seen it

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:28 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

But its been out longer than Collateral.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:29 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I enjoyed Dodgeball most out of all those choices.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

1. Manchurian Candidate
2. Napoleon Dynomite
3. Dodgeball
4. The Village
5. Bourne Supremacy

Thats as far as I'm going to rank. Haven't seen AVP though (yet).

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 11:33 PM
dirtyducky

shrek 2 big grin

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 12:56 AM
dirtyducky is currently offline Click here to Send dirtyducky a Private Message Find more posts by dirtyducky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

The person who made this poll was nuts.

Wheres the Village.Why on earth would you replace some of the other fine movies out with "Anchorman" and "Collateral" ?

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
I enjoyed Dodgeball most out of all those choices.

That movie was hilarious big grin

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 04:17 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

The village did not live up to its potential, it was a big letdown, like most of the movies this summer were. Best was Collateral, had the best acting, great action scenes, and Tom Cruise as a bad ass villian.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 04:24 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Village was aweomse.Great movie acting,story,diolage,and some chills but the movie is suspense not horror.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 04:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx

The manchurian canidate, because Of the writing, dialogue, acting and ability to involve the audience in the film. No other movie this summer has been able to engross the viewer as well as the manchurian canidate. The bourne cupremecy was a well written action movie and kept you interested and guessing, but the acting in mancurian beats bourne. Spiderman 2 was a fun ride, but it all actuality that is all it was, a ride. This isnt a bad thing it is a great hollywood flick but doesnt challenge or invoke much thought, but it did have a way to arouse the emotions.

every other movie listed in my opinion isnt even worth mentioning. I havent seen AvP yet but i say that remark with confidence. Collateral was probably the biggest upset for me. I mean what a dry dull movie. Napolian dynamite tried to hard, and left me feeling empty at the end. Anchorman was funny for the most part, but the other part left me asking why i paid to see this, i had already seen all these jokes before. Shrek 2.... sick

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Aug 14th, 2004 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 05:28 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

and as to the village. Yeah it had some decent acting, but this was all. The entire movie was written around the ending which left many holes in the meat of the movie. It was a very monatone movie that led up to an anti climax. I'm not saying this because i was pissed to find out all wasnt as it seemed, because truthfully i kind of liked where it all went, but the execution of it was very un entertaining

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 05:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Good points RagesRemorse:
Manchurian Candidate - agreed
Bourne - agreed
Spiderman 2 - agreed (even though less my type of movie than most)
Collateral - Definitely agreed
Napoleon Dynomite - Disagreed but thats just a matter of opinion. Its the type that either appeals to you or doesn't, not meant for all.
Anchorman - Had really funny parts but a ton of jokes that fell flat as well (tried too hard in other words)
Village - I liked the Village but I'm glad to see that you didn't criticize it just because it "wasn't horror" like most seem to.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 05:46 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

well remember everyone, i did forget some, but u can only have 10 on a poll for one reason. Also, i have not seen the Manchurian Candidate, so i kind of forgot about that one. As for the village, i did not like it that much so i did not put it there.

Remember to vote everyone.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 06:52 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Spiderman 2
I, Robot
The Village

That's all I saw, so I can't say which is the best

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 07:02 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

REMEMBER TO VOTE EVERYONE

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 07:32 PM