KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Shawshank Redemption

The Shawshank Redemption
Started by: KidRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KidRock

The Shawshank Redemption

I think this is one of the BEST movies ever. I had to have seen it over 10 times and everytime i still get chills during the quotes at the end of the movie. Its just amazing.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 04:06 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zinh

Just wish TNT and FX woundn't air it every other night sad

I love the movie but its always on tv.

Kinda like TBS showing The Beastmaster in the early-mid 90's like every freakin day.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 09:35 AM
zinh is currently offline Click here to Send zinh a Private Message Find more posts by zinh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Yeah, it's always on, kinda lessens the movie a little.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 02:26 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Its a fantastic movie.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 08:59 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

It's always on, but I'll always at least watch a little of it when I come across it.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 05:14 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I watched this movie on a "there's nothing else on" notion.

Didn't have a clue what it was about - ended up thinking it was one of the coolest films I had ever seen.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 06:13 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

quote:
Just wish TNT and FX woundn't air it every other night

I agree, it seriously seems like it is on every night.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 03:19 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

There's always the option of not watching it everyday you guys.
but I agree it's simply one of THE best movies around.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 01:16 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TakeshiManganji

I had to study this movie in english class last term. Pure brilliance!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 03:11 AM
TakeshiManganji is currently offline Click here to Send TakeshiManganji a Private Message Find more posts by TakeshiManganji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i saw this movie over the weekend a couple times over, and i totally loved the story, cinmeatography, and characters. since stephen king has writing credit to this movie, is there a novelization version of this movie?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 04:08 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shellspeare
postaholic

it has one of the best story lines ever and add that to great acting and good production its a classic

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 10:52 AM
shellspeare is currently offline Click here to Send shellspeare a Private Message Find more posts by shellspeare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trilight

Yes 'The Shawshank Redemption' has to be one of my favorite movies. I have also studied it in English. And it's disappointing that it gets over-played on TV.

I have noticed the DVD is always a lot more expensive than other DVDs. Although the current DVD should go down in price as I think a new special edition DVD version is coming out soon.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 05:49 PM
trilight is currently offline Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johnlindsey289

I feel it's very overrated but still very good, i kind of perfer " The Green Mile" over Shawshank any time even though i wanna get the 2-Disc Shawshank DVD.

The movie wasn't suppose to be an academy award nominee OK, it's suppose to be a CULT movie ok like the Rocky Horror Picture Show, end of story.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 03:34 PM
Johnlindsey289 is currently offline Click here to Send Johnlindsey289 a Private Message Find more posts by Johnlindsey289 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

SHAWSHANK is a great film...but why the makers couldn't leave the original Stephen King novella title RITA HAYWARD AND THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION smacks of underestimating the audience's IQ... miffed

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 04:47 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

great film...in my top 10

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 07:47 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

quote:
Originally posted by trilight
Yes 'The Shawshank Redemption' has to be one of my favorite movies. I have also studied it in English. And it's disappointing that it gets over-played on TV.

I have noticed the DVD is always a lot more expensive than other DVDs. Although the current DVD should go down in price as I think a new special edition DVD version is coming out soon.

I got mine for four pounds. But yes, obviously the ten year anniversary edition will be more expensive!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 10:35 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

yeah great film in my top ten lists

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 11:13 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i wanna try and get the book

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 12:48 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The film keeps the book's line where Red says, "maybe it's because I'm Irish," despite the fact that Morgan Freeman is playing him! big grin

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 07:55 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

The book its in is called Stephen kings different seasons and the story is called Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank redemption the book also includes The body (the stand) and apt pupil. And the running man is in the bachaman books its called something like the long run.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 08:22 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote