KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Slugfest Showdown Round 2 Battle 1[Krissy Von Doom vs Norrin Radd] Everyone Vote Now!

Slugfest Showdown Round 2 Battle 1[Krissy Von Doom vs Norrin Radd] Everyone Vote Now!
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

Slugfest Showdown Round 2 Battle 1[Krissy Von Doom vs Norrin Radd] Everyone Vote Now!

This battle is round 2 of the Evangel Slugfest Showdown Tournament. Please vote for which team you think will win the battle. This battle takes place in an empty cavern.

Link to rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=310008

Krissy Von Doom
Quasar
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/quasar.htm

Gideon
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/g/gideon.htm

Modred
http://www.vortex.bridgwater.ac.uk/...edthemystic.htm

Firestar
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/firestar.htm

Namorita
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/namorita.htm

Stick
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/stick.htm

Shang Chi
http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../s/shangchi.htm

vs

Norrin Radd Complete

Silver Surfer
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/silversurfer.htm

Invisible Woman
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/invisiblewoman.htm

Spawn
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/spawn.htm

Sunfire
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/sunfire.htm

Iceman (Robert Drake)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/iceman.htm

Batman (Bruce Wayne)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/batman.htm

Black Panther (T'Challa)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/blackpanther.htm

Who's going to win this battle? You decide by replying to this post with your vote!

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:03 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

2nd team should win

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:14 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just a little write up on the Quasar's Q-Bands:

1. Quasar has preprogrammed the bands to be sensitive to incoming energy fluctuations of sufficient power to do him harm and automatically absorb that energy. He also programmed his quantum-bands to automatically whip up a forcefield when it senses an incoming energy source that may be harmful to him.

2. Drain. If it appears that an opponent has energy-based powers, Q taps those powers and drains them off. The length of time this takes depends on the extent of the menace's power. Just as he did to Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet (of course he didn't drain the whole gauntlet, it's infinite), and how much more power does the Gauntlet have over Surfer?

3. Contain. If Quasar encounters someone who looks menacing. Immediate reaction: whip up a containment vessel around him to prevent further danger, as he did with the Infinity Watch during the Infinity War

4. How long does a Q-construct last? Once an object is created, it is no longer dependent upon Quasar's consciousness or will power to remain in existence. If he is knocked out, the construct will just remain floating there. He can mentally embed a self-destruct timer into a construct at the time of construction, causing it to dissolve at an appointed time. Different to GL's ring.

5. How many can he create? Theoretically as many as he wants. Once they're in existence they're set for life. However, there is a definite limit to the number of things he can animate at the same time.

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 01:50 PM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Nice Description. That's what I expect from all tourney participants, a nice clear concise description.

Also, make sure you have your facts straight before writing a write-up.

Example: Redshift being on Odin Skyfather level allows him to destroy the other team without letting his other team members to get hurt.

Uh No.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 02:15 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

about quasar, and surfer, i think they never fought, i think surfer can take him down, you talked about what he can do and it is impressive, but not to surfer. and by the way quasar has a weakness to magic (it is in your link), spawn uses magic (magic from hell, but magic). but silver surfer against quasar, i can be wrong but i think surfer takes this one.

about the rest of the team i don´t think there´s much to say, invisible woman and spawn are superior to gideon and modred. same goes to iceman and sunfire against namorita and firestar, really what namorita can do against iceman, kick him, so what she is not able to take him down, and namorita is good in water against sunfire she would really have a problem she is in constant danger of dehydration and if you know sunfire you know about his powerful atomic fire. firestar is a joke close to sunfire, and i don´t think she is able to take iceman down.
about stick and shang shi, maybe they can beat batman in martial arts
but they won´t take black panther down, and if batman uses his gadjets, they´re gone.

Last edited by Loot on Oct 27th, 2004 at 05:29 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 05:21 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

quote:
Originally posted by Evangel94
Nice Description. That's what I expect from all tourney participants, a nice clear concise description.

Also, make sure you have your facts straight before writing a write-up.

Example: Redshift being on Odin Skyfather level allows him to destroy the other team without letting his other team members to get hurt.

Uh No.

shwa??? redshift is no where near the power of Odin, i never said that

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 08:42 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

from what krissy said i would have to say quasar takes on surfer,

but spawn and sue would take gedeon and mordred, as far as the meta category, i honestly would have to say tie.

and for street level norrins team is the best in the tourny,

norrin wins

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 08:45 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

i vote for norrin

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 10:24 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Surfer and Quasar have never actually fought as they're usually on the same side when a galactic menace comes along. And they we're actually team mates in a little known superteam along with Beta Ray Bill and two others. This battle is going to take a long while to complete because any of Surfer's cosmic attacks will just be absorbed by the Quantum Bands and Q will probably be reluctant to fight Surfer but I don't really think the Surfer can do anything to harm Quasar whereas Quasar has the means to contain or impede the Surfer. A quick quantum bubble (stong enough to withstand the blows of Earth's stongest heroes) will take Surfer out of the fight long enough that he's the only one on his team left standing. Or if Quasar gets bored, he can just absorb the cosmic power straight from the Surfer, draining him and taking him out of the fight (he did it to the gauntlet, it'll be more effective against someone with limited cosmic energies).
This is a battle where Gideon will be the most effective. The moment these two teams start to battle, Gideon immediately has the powers of the Invisible Woman, Sunfire, Iceman, Namorita and Firestar. Invisible Woman can attack him any way she wants, it will be blocked or deflected by her own powers, and she'll be burned or frozen about a second later. Spawn will be battling someone who has as much power as him (without the threat of running out) and more experience than him - teleporation, transmutation, energy bolts, containment spells, illusions - Modred has Spawn beat in every aspect. These two will quickly end this battle leaving them free to assist the others.
Namorita has a strength, speed and flight advantage over Iceman. Should he decide to freeze her, she'll easily break out of it or it's quickly melted to water by two flame fighters close by. Namorita's no slouch in the strength department, but just add water: Namorita + water = Iceman's going down. There's nothing Sunfire can do to harm Firestar because she's not the Torch, her flames aren't conventional flames, they're microwaves. If, and that's a big if, this fight drags for a while, Modred and Gideon will be on hand for the assist.
If the Black Panther and Batman's fighting style even remotely resembles kung fu, Shang and Stick are taking them to the cleaners.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 10:29 PM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

about sunfire he can generate plasma temperatures which match those that can be generated by the Human Torch (not talking about his nova thing off course), reaching about 1,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit at maximum level. this is too much for firestar, and this would also cause namorita dehydration and death
and namorita can kick iceman as many times she wants, he can turn in to water and ice all over again, he would freeze her beautiful ass.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 10:36 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

i already was seeing you´re strategy with gideon, not a problem. the thing with gideon is that he can copy cat almost everything but only at monstrous level (wich is alot) but if someone has unearthy control over is abbilitie gideon cannot pass him. for example: gideon cannot create force fields so powerfuls like IW. he can create atomic fire at monstrous level, but sunfire can create it at unearthy level. plus i doubt he can control is entire body like bobby. but gideon is so easy to take out, spawn would teleport into is back and ripp his heart out. modred against spawn would have no chance, or against IW.

i´m remembering when magneto took out gideon (and mag was only at 50% of is energy, in AOA) gideon copied his magnetic powers and tried to use them against magneto, magneto beat him pretty fast, gideon wasn´t able to control so much power that magneto was inflicting on him, and we are talking about a weak magneto, not a herald level one.

Last edited by Loot on Oct 27th, 2004 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 10:39 PM
Loot

quasar can abosrb energy, so can surfer. quasar would protect himself, soc an surfer, have you ever seen an angry surfer? plus surfer has more destructive powers that quasar and he can re-arrange matter.
by the way quasar wouldn´t be able to keep surfer in a force field, ghaur and many tried, and failed, sue richards could do it for some time, he would eventually break free.

this is what surfer would say if he meet quasar:

Attachment: surfer[4.jpg
This has been downloaded 121 time(s).

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 10:43 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by crazyspinz
shwa??? redshift is no where near the power of Odin, i never said that

That's right, you never said it.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 11:13 PM
crazyspinz

who did?

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 11:20 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

No one did, I made it up to use an example of how not to describe your character in a write up.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 11:21 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I vote Norrin.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 11:24 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

quote:
Originally posted by Evangel94
No one did, I made it up to use an example of how not to describe your character in a write up.

ok

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 11:25 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Surfer can manipulate cosmic energy to a lot of similar ends as Quasar...however, I would say Quasar has better defense mechanisms...he is not unbeatable by any means...Ive seen him get KO'd by Klaw.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 11:31 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I vote Norrin.

Mind stating why? I'm getting to many one sentence votes.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 11:33 PM
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, that's the thing I'm saying about Sunfire, he uses conventional heat. Firestar doesn't use regular fire, she uses microwaves which are more nuclear in nature, from my understanding. 1,000,000 degrees WOULD be more than enough to cause Namorita to dehydrate but Sunfire isn't getting anywhere near Namorita, he's dealing with Firestar.

The thing about Gideon's copycat powers is that he can use them in ways the original user doesn't even know about. You can have unearthly control over something but if you don't have Gideon's creativity to use it in ingenious ways, you're still going down. And Gideon wouldn't just be using the Invisible Woman's powers against her, it'll be a combination of all five powers - she breaks through his invisible shield, a fireball is coming at her, or she's being frozen or a class 15 punch to the back of the head (think she's faster than Namorita's flight?). The flaw in using alternate reality versions of characters is that power levels can vary (50% Magento in AoA can be 10% or 170% or 500% in the real universe, and the Gideon there can be more powerful or less powerful than in the real universe). Modred has an unlimilted access to magical energies, has way more experience, is master of the elements - Spawn doesn't have a chance - the only question is how long it takes.

Quasar and Surfer can both absorb energies, no question about that. But Quasar can absorb Surfer's cosmic attacks, what will Surfer be absorbing if Quasar uses constructs instead of energy to attack him? Surfer has a limited (though high) amount of cosmic power, the more he releases against Quasar, the more energy the Q-bands absorb. And Quasar can contain Surfer in a Q-bubble (unless your saying Surfer is stronger than Hulk, Thing, Strong Guy, Wonderman, Sasquatch and She Hulk put together), the only way he's breaking free is to release all his cosmic energy but what will that leave him to fight with?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 11:45 PM