KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Questions

Questions
Started by: Dblaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dblaze

Questions

ok... ive got a question that i wanna no some answers to.

How is Jean still alive after wat happend in X2? did it hav somtin to do wit the Phoenix? i herd that it came from outer space somwere and saved her or somtin like that?

yea. thats it. I liked Xmen but i never looked into it this much and ive gotten pretty interested in wat happens.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 06:43 AM
Dblaze is currently offline Click here to Send Dblaze a Private Message Find more posts by Dblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

in the comic...in the movie its her other personality which is phoenix due to her power being out of control thats aved her.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 07:04 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Since the movies are an alternate reality to the X-Men, the Phoenix Force did not come from outer space this time.

(spoiler tags just in case)
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: When Professor Xavier first recruited Jean as a young girl he knew her potential as a Class 5 mutant and developed mental blocks to keep her powers contained. Over time she developed a split personality which was hidden behind these blocks. During X2 that personality is struggling to get out and when she is entrapped in the water the Phoenix side of her protected her body in a telekinetic force field and since she is so powerful also enabled her to live without need for food probably.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 07:05 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

x3

Last edited by Null on May 27th, 2006 at 07:10 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2006 07:06 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dblaze

so that other personality is the Phoenix

Old Post May 27th, 2006 01:36 PM
Dblaze is currently offline Click here to Send Dblaze a Private Message Find more posts by Dblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noa
Da Funky Chicken!

Argh!!! I could not resist the spoiler!! My eyes burning!

Damn that is a good twist. Okay I have to go and see x3 b4 reading anything else in this forum.

laters everyone.

Thanks IceJaw!

Old Post May 27th, 2006 01:59 PM
Noa is currently offline Click here to Send Noa a Private Message Find more posts by Noa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Not much of a twist, you could see the Phoenix under the water at the end of X2.....its just her psychic ability went spaz and saved her.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 02:11 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

She was encased in a "telekenetic cocoon" according to Xavier. Didn't like the story too much. But the effects were great.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 02:32 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I was very impressed the way they showed the Phoenix and to tell ya the truth that would have scared the hell out of me if I was in front of her. big grin

Old Post May 27th, 2006 04:36 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Same here. The Phoenix was pretty scary.

Good movie, I really liked it! I want to see it again because...well because I just want to.

I have a question and I am wondering if anyone can answer it for me?

When Magneto is playing chest towards the end does the metal chess piece move when he has his hand near it OR does he just move it with his hand?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post May 27th, 2006 05:15 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

It's OK I've just found out.

Great!! big grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post May 27th, 2006 05:24 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

wait i dont recall seein a phoenix raptor

Old Post May 27th, 2006 05:39 PM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovelymissphoeb

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about that chess piece - Yup! I wasn't sure, then I asked my sister and she said while falling out of her chair " YES!"

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 03:21 AM
lovelymissphoeb is currently offline Click here to Send lovelymissphoeb a Private Message Find more posts by lovelymissphoeb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote