KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Review the thread that reviews the review threads

Review the thread that reviews the review threads
Started by: Mr Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Review the thread that reviews the review threads

I Couldn't think what to call this thread (does it show?) I wanted to call it "This thread ****ed your momma" but suspected Lb would close it.

Noticed how many "Hi - My name is X and I have my own movie review thread" threads you have been seeing lately? Confused? Don't know where to turn? What to think? Doesn't surprise me - you are kinda stupid but FRET NOT! Unca Zero is here to help…

Here to make your day that much easier is my review of the review threads: please review my reviews* and lets see just how postmodern we can get.

*stay on topic or this is going to end up in the OTF where it belongs.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 11:19 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Hunchy's Movie Reviews

It's hard to say just how Hunchy's review thread will pan out. At first glance it's a little too frenetic - At first simply a long listing of movies he thinks are worth watching with no comment. When "encouraged" by his "fans" for more insight he responds by another bloated post listing even more movies with simple one sentence reviews that boil down in many cases to not much more than a tagline and a thumbs up.

This is in fact not such a bad way of reviewing films - it has a certain charm and style and is at least quicker to get through that Cinemaddictions endless bloody waffling - but I think the watchword here is "too much too soon" - ease us in gently Hunchy or your going to lose us before you get going.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 11:22 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Solo's Big Pimpin Review Thread!

Spelling & punctuation are lax and he manages to review the Grudge without even mentioning that it's another in a line of western remakes. Doesn't give much of an indication as to why he thinks the film fails - just that he didn't like it.

The thread is peppered with bitter acrimony from Hunchy (watch he and solo go at each other like two drag queens fighting over the last false *** is the most fun this thread offers) and a long winded post from Cinemaddiction blowing his own reviewing horn. Worth reading only for the sound advice from everyones fave horror forum mod, the laser-like legend that is m'man backfire. Yo my peeps!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 11:24 AM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Johnny's Reviews

Johnny reviewed Die Hard, Hidalgo, Star Trek: Nemesis & The Whole 10 yards. Nobody ever commented. Ever. Not once. I like to think that since then Johnny has been swinging on a rope in his room slowly mummifying and that his parents haven't even noticed yet. What a loser.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 11:26 AM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Cine-picks of the Week

What can I say about CD that you didn’t already hear on last nights episode of COPS? Yes he's an inconsistent pompous gasbag - but it's not like you ever took the time to finish reading anything he wrote so who are you to judge… fact is that agree or disagree with CDs reviews you knew why he liked or disliked a movie so you could judge for yourself whether to give it a whirl based on what he said. You follow what I'm saying? I know that’s a huge ****ing stretch for the majority of you that think "It totally ROCKED" is a review but trust me - CD was the man - (or at least part-man depending on if you think that MPEG was faked or not.)

We miss CDs thread, his genuine love of the medium, his inflated sense of self importance and his little roundup puns. Come back CD and show these punks how its done.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 11:27 AM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Movie Picks (By Stormy Day)

Stormy had a pretty open mind movie-wise for such a young kid, but it was impossible to take his reviews seriously as I read all of them in a lisping sing-song girls voice.

I miss his presence here at KMC but he was banned for posting nude pictures of his mother in the role-play forum and I have to agree with the mods in this instance, that’s just sick.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 11:28 AM
eggmayo

hunchy sucks more, cos he thinks kill bill is a trilogy.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 11:29 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by eggmayo
hunchy sucks more, cos he thinks kill bill is a trilogy.

Ignoring the fact that my entire thread is an attack thinly disguised as satire please refrain from personal comments about the reviewers and restrict yourself to factual comments which can be substantiated.

Thanks for taking part tho, your input was very valuable.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 11:34 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

you are killing me

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 12:34 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
you are killing me

why thankyou. I could pretend I'm nonchalant but truth is i near died myself writing this crap. Its good to have an audient.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:00 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Im so tempted to use my mod powers and move this somewhere - unsure where yet, but im on mod holiday - so its gonna stay untouched.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Oct 26th, 2004 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:02 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

do we have a trash can? laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:03 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
Cine-picks of the Week

his inflated sense of self importance and his little roundup puns.

Game recognizes game, no? wink

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:12 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Game recognizes game, no? wink

you know it.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:16 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Jesus Christ this thread is awesome.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:17 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

just another example of Mr. Zero in top form...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:18 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Im so tempted to use my mod powers and move this somewhere - unsure where yet, but im on mod holiday - so its gonna stay untouched.

I'm reading this post but all Im thinking is "titty in the sig file"

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:20 PM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
I'm reading this post but all Im thinking is "titty in the sig file"

Its Ditas titty too! Happiness.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:22 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Its Ditas titty too! Happiness.

"Ditas titty too" is my new mantra.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:23 PM
lil bitchiness
-

I love when I inspire - which is all the time.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:24 PM