KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What if the World was like the game Black and White...

What if the World was like the game Black and White...
Started by: Darth Kreiger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Krieger

What if the World was like the game Black and White...

Where Gods are created all the time? And that's why there is so many religions

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:18 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

A bit little Terry Pratchett, where belief is the birthing fuel for a God to exist. One thing is for sure - we would likely know for a fact these God's existed - since if you don't do things for your people in Black & White your powers runs away. Even if it's just harvesting our crops for us.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 05:34 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Well the supposed "Miracles" could be considered like that, and I believe the Bible says If God proved himself then there would be no belief

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:15 PM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Well the supposed "Miracles" could be considered like that, and I believe the Bible says If God proved himself then there would be no belief

God is not a "him". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:16 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Referred to as a He

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:17 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Referred to as a He

The god formally known as He. laughing

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:19 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
God is not a "him". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Could be a "them" though.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:25 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Regret
Could be a "them" though.

I just like to get on people about the "him", "he" and "his" thing. I have some girl friends who get offended by it, but they are all Buddhists. laughing

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:30 PM
Regret
One Among Many

I just like to get on people about the "him", "he" and "his" thing. I have some girl friends who get offended by it, but they are all Buddhists. laughing

Yes, I have an aunt that is Wiccan (*spelling) and she goes on a tirade when the term "he" is used. wink

All the same, I believe God has a wife, this negates the stress over inequality, until they mention that she isn't discussed in the Bible. But then, we believe this is due to God's protective nature of her and us. I mean, if people were swearing by my wife's name I'd probably be hard pressed to not throw a few lightning bolts now and then, not to mention her feelings upon having that many children disrespecting her.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:50 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Regret
Yes, I have an aunt that is Wiccan (*spelling) and she goes on a tirade when the term "he" is used. wink

All the same, I believe God has a wife, this negates the stress over inequality, until they mention that she isn't discussed in the Bible. But then, we believe this is due to God's protective nature of her and us. I mean, if people were swearing by my wife's name I'd probably be hard pressed to not throw a few lightning bolts now and then, not to mention her feelings upon having that many children disrespecting her.

Really? I alway thought that the Holy Spirit was a feminine.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:54 PM
Regret
One Among Many

Really? I alway thought that the Holy Spirit was a feminine.

The Mormon view holds that it is a male.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:58 PM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

I believe the "proof destroys belief" clause as nothing more then attempt to justify the absence of God (either he just stays away or he doesn't exist at all)

And really, the Biblical miracles wouldn't really do much good in the black and white world - to far and few between. The Gods of Black & White had to take a really, really active part in the day to day lives of the peons. Hell, you even had to give them jobs and tell them to breed. And does the phrase "villagers neeeed food" ring a bell? I am only thankful the game didn't feature bowel movements for them. I can imagine the phrase "villagers need bottom's wiped" cropping up with suicidal regularity if it was included.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 03:54 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Well they had to make it a Video Game, if you only got to do 1 every hour or so, it wouldn't be any fun

Old Post Aug 16th, 2006 08:43 PM