KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Immortality

Immortality
Started by: RagingSilent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Roulette
Freak

Immortality

...If you were given such a choice, would you take it?....
yet........ you wouldn't age......
you would go on living life with the same looks as you have now.....

so, would you want to live forever?

Madness, as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 07:47 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

my opinion is that to be immortal would be good... fora while, say 500 years. by that time, you may have done everything you want, and even got a little bit bored. plus, i wouldnt want to look like me forever.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 07:57 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

yes yeah, I agree. It would be good for a while, but it would become repetitive, and you would want something to changemessed

don't say that....lol.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:02 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

"immortality - for a while"

Do you know what immortal means? Discussing how it would be "Ok for a while" is nonsensical. If it would only be ok for a while, then it's obviously "not ok".

You are talking about longevity - immortality is timeless and forever - which is why is so frightening.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:25 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

um, I am speaking about opinions.....
meaning, in my opinion, I would get sick of living life, day after day, forever......, It would become too boring.....

so, in my opinion, considering that it would become boring, i would not want to be immortal....i guess i should have given my full opinion so as not to be questioned like thismessed

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:28 AM
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

hhm would ur hair grow, what if ur still young, coz i would proberly wait awhile before it accepted it

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:37 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

nah, your hair wouldn't grow....lol.....
and you would stay the same age as you are now...even if you are young.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:42 AM
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

could u feel pain

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:45 AM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

I would say.....yes, but it would heal...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:46 AM
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

ok, then it wouldnt be boring, u could try and do crazy things, like rob a bank and asasinate the president

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:49 AM
Roulette
Freak

lol...fair enoughbig grin...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 08:56 AM
ldene
What would you wish for?

think of all the things you see. Space exploration, hover cars. Everything we see in movies will eventually come true and you could witness it all, hell you could create it!

Wizzy
Wow

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 09:08 AM
ldene is currently offline Click here to Send ldene a Private Message Find more posts by ldene Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

yeah, but you would really screw things up. change the course of history in a major, maybe bad way.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 12:53 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Immortality : It's to die for.!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 12:55 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

I'd say yes to invulnerablity, but not immortality. Invulnerability would ensure i have a long life, and die of old age. Immortality is too frightening to even comprehend.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 01:26 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

quote:
Originally posted by ldene
think of all the things you see. Space exploration, hover cars. Everything we see in movies will eventually come true and you could witness it all, hell you could create it!

Think deeper, you would also witness the decline of mankind, everyone around you would die. Everything would cease to exist, and there would be only you, left to go increasingly insane for all eternity.......

What is this I don't even

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 01:27 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

yeah, i agree with that, being able to do most things.... maybe some kind of superpower would be better.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 01:28 PM
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

No i wouldnt want to be immortal....outliving all my family and friends .....over and over and over again......no thanks .

made by Scribble

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 01:34 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

No.

Lots long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 03:53 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

Nope. Never,
I want to die someday I want to be with my lost loved ones

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 04:02 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote