KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Animatrix Discussion

Animatrix Discussion
Started by: Skittles19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Skittles19
***** what?

Animatrix Discussion

hey, this is for people who've seen the animatrix and would like to discuss it...

So, what did you think about it?
likes/dislike?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 08:15 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor_Pessoba
Lulu's Man

Overall I thought it was great...the animation is so good...my favorites would have to be Osiris, The Second Renaissance I and II, Detective Story, Matriculated, and Beyond...they are a great compainion set to the matrix..im happy to own it

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 08:46 PM
Senor_Pessoba is currently offline Click here to Send Senor_Pessoba a Private Message Find more posts by Senor_Pessoba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

I really enjoyed them, they are great...good suplimental info

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 08:54 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As I have mentioned here before, I hate the unoriginal contrived crud that is Second Renaissance. But I don't feel like talking about it all over again; read the older threads.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 16th, 2003 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 09:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

I found the 2nd renaissance to be fairly disturbing, but other than that the animatrix wasn't too bad...

beyond was visually beautiful and the others offered decent insights into the movies smile

but enough w/ the scantily dressed girls... please

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 10:46 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

Ushgarek-- you can close this thread... I didn't realise it was a *previously covered subject*

my bad

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 10:58 PM
Metroplex

I saw the detctive story on the killermovies website. ITs really good, but i just want to know how old is Trinity??? The detective story took place around the 1930-1950s if im correct.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 02:30 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
film nut

i think that final flight of the osiris was amazing, and the graphics were brilliant. the second renaissance was very boring, and the rest were okay. Does anyone know if there will be another animatrix to coincide with the revolutions cinema release?

Signed
Film Nut

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 07:23 PM
film nut is currently offline Click here to Send film nut a Private Message Find more posts by film nut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Well Ushgarak, if you watch the documentaries and special features from the Animatrix then you will realise why the guy chose to use real history and real events as influences and images seen within the animation. Quite clever really.

But if you think that is unoriginal then...so is the Matrix because that was created through many different anime movies, comics, live-action movies as their inspiration. Watch the anime series Cowboy Bebop and the Manga movie Ghost in the Shell to see what I mean smile

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 08:48 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Matrix was packaged with new execution and thought that made it far more than the sum of its parts.

2nd Renaissance was the simple inferior of other identical ideas that have come before it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 28th, 2003 at 12:23 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 10:06 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

The only one i cant stand and will continue to hate with a passion is "Beyond" . I hate that stupid girl , and i think that whole story is pointless. No offence i cant stand the other ugly ass asian cartoon kids , they seem anoying and i would love to kick their ass. Hhahaha just wanted to give you my input. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 11:18 PM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

hmmm.. I can see what you meant about the kids.. but I thought that *beyond* was visually the prettiest of them all....

I disliked osiris.. because all I could imagine was a bunch of computer geeks sitting around their computers saying... and now we make the hot chick we created lose her clothes... and jump around... ah, if only we knew a girl like that...

no offence...

( and yes I realise the time and skill it takes to make a short film like that)

that's my opinion...
I really liked the kid's story one.. I love his character.. it's very unique

and.. I have a question... what the heck was matriculated about?
the ending was sooo weird

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 11:24 PM
nopy

Osiris was the best, I didnt really like the others, The rennasainse films were sort of ok for filling in a few plot questions.

That ones with the sprinter and the robot brainwashing were really weird

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 12:11 AM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freemind

Osiris had great graphics. The second renaisance answered some plot questions. Was that kid in kids story the one that bothers neo in matrix 2?And i liked world record.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 05:38 PM
freemind is currently offline Click here to Send freemind a Private Message Find more posts by freemind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Phew...i have FINALLY seen them all today...bought the cd smile
osiris idd has the best graphics and is one of the best in the 9. i couldn't dislike it because of jue's looks, now could i stick out tongue

the plot in the second renaissance was i=truly a bit childish....A LOT more could have been done with just a bit more mind storming....really, that plot is kiddish.

i LOVED 'world record'. 'kid story' has the worst graphics.....it's nice to see how that kid's explained in the movie though.
beyond's weird....

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 07:39 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

wut was with the animation on "Kid's Story?"

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 08:15 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

I think they were playing around w/ different styles of animation... actually the animation for kid's story was very difficult to create.. they wanted to give it a very hand-drawn look...
we're just not used to that sort of animation... so that's why it seems icky to us

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 09:54 PM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

I liked the story though

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 12:50 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i know it's difficult to create, skittles...i just don't like how it turned out. it seems too sketchy.

And i really didn't like the kid outrunning agents (lots of them) on a bloody skateboard.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 10:05 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

i like them very much. the soundtrack is very good and they show exiting new details. i liked "detectiv story" and "the fial flight of the osiris" most.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 10:21 AM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote