KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Male vs Female Office Sterotypes

Male vs Female Office Sterotypes
Started by: Disco Moose

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moosey
Gone

Question Male vs Female Office Sterotypes

I'm not a petite sort o moose - I have some muscles propping up in various places.

So that means in our office I am not only the Investigation and Control Officer, but I am also the guy that opens jars, moves furniture, handyman, bouncer, and overall manly sex object. Ok, scratch the last one.

But that brings us to this point: Men are stereotyped outside of their job descriptions at least as much as women. Whereas women, especially attractive ones, are niched into vixens and angels and bubblehead blondes and nymphs and every other generalization you can think of other than what their actual role is around the office, men are often times have their own stereotypes to fight.

I honestly dont want to be the furniture mover -- I have Investigations to conduct.

Do you think men are stereotyped as much as women? What are some other stereotypes? Are any of them fair?

956,000: Moosey

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 01:43 PM
Moosey is currently offline Click here to Send Moosey a Private Message Find more posts by Moosey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

you probably shoulda put this one in the GDF...

but yeah... stereotype definitely. i've been asked to move furniture around just because i'm young and my back can take it, apparently. this is why chivalry is dead. the women killed it. they invented chivalry to get the good end of the bargain. opening the doors, pulling out the chairs, paying the tab... then they go on an don about this bullsh!t about equality.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:48 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noob A
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea else ppl isa gonna spam it upssers

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:49 AM
Noob A is currently offline Click here to Send Noob A a Private Message Find more posts by Noob A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

i hate stereotypes. I moved from Alabama and lots of people up here only know the slow hillbilly southerner stereotype. the first day of school up there somebody asked me if I knew how to open a locker, and the they told me "the pre-algebra classroom is rom 205", and i have algrebra this year
and once i had an alabama licence plate as my sig and a confederate flag as my av, and someone told me "OMG Naz! you have a confederate flag! you hate black people!!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:52 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

oh wait, i just read the title of the thread....oops

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:53 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

well, everytime i see a confederate flag, my blood boils over... but then i remember that they got their asses kicked and i realize that the flag is the only thing they have left.

i'm not saying you a racist, naz... just sharing...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:55 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

we only lost cause of that darn fence in gettysburg

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:56 AM
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
we only lost cause of that darn fence in gettysburg

was that a joke? confused

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:57 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

uh...not really confused 'cept i think i spelled gettysburg wrong erm

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:59 AM
super pr*xy

before we move on, what were the confederates fighting for again?

(i'm not american in origin... i know miniscule of this history...)

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 02:01 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

its not slavery just so you know. i dont care what anyone tells you, thats not the reason.

ok, see the south makes a lot of cotton and important crops that the north needs, since they have like a 3 month summer, they cant grow anything of thier own. well, the north didnt want to pay the southern farmers for shipping the cotton up the mississippi because it was trade inside of the country, well this was horrible for southern economy. that went on for a while and eventually the south had enough, and they broke away.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 02:04 AM
super pr*xy

good to know.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 02:12 AM
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Hey buddy...where I workd at during the summer I had to file and purge and more filing ...

But I was often called on to move huga ass boxes full of crap from one place to another where the lady was like Oh have fun I'm not even going to open the ****ing door for you...

Yes...it is horrible cuz you're not there to do that crap...you have your own job to do...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 07:00 AM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote