KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Fonts won't work, aargh

Fonts won't work, aargh
Started by: Gaca

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gaca
KATIUSHA

Fonts won't work, aargh

I installed some fonts on my computer (actually... copied them to the fonts folder) rebooted the comp but they just won't work.

I may be stupid but what the feck am i supposed to do to use them? erm

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 03:53 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

normally you just have to copy them into your cermwindows\fonts directory

what version of word are you running?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 05:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

hm... i don't know, really embarrasment

I want these fonts in my photo impression anyways stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 05:19 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

how do you mean?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 05:21 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

i don't know, that's the deal. i can't install them and i want to use them in Photo Impression. or at least in Photoshop

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 05:50 PM
yerssot

the fonts used in your applications are generally all in a system folder located at CermWINDOWS\Fonts (on a windows machine obviously...what OS arer you running?)

when placed in this global location any application can use them.

is the font in the word application on the same computer as the photoshop?
(each computer generally has different sets of fonts so the comp that you are working on may not have the same font that the client has in mind)

if not...what you need to do is take a copy of the font file from them and place it in the font folder on your comp and restart photoshop and it should appear in the fonts list.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 06:11 PM
Gaca
KATIUSHA

well there is a problem

a) i don't know what OS is
b) i don't have a 'windows' file on 'C' drive
c) i copied it to the fonts folder i have in the start menu. and it doesn't work, apparently

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 07:33 PM
yerssot

a) Operating System, which version of Windows or some sort you are running

b) where did you install windows then? or your OS?

c) then there is probably something wrong with the fonts folder or it's not the real one

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 07:42 PM
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Re: Fonts won't work, aargh

quote:
Originally posted by Vampy
I installed some fonts on my computer (actually... copied them to the fonts folder) rebooted the comp but they just won't work.

I may be stupid but what the feck am i supposed to do to use them? erm

Start menu, select Settings - Control Panel, them copy the files( fonts) to fonts folder

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 08:07 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

^what i told her to do 3 hours ago, she says it's not working messed

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 08:08 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

The best thing to do is search your system for the FONT folder, it'll be an icon that looks like a file folder, and copy the fonts in here. Then restart your computer, and everything should work fine. Otherwise, my only thought here is that these fonts are conflicting with others and that's the reason they won't work. START ---> SEARCH ---> type "FONT" ---> locate FONT file folder ---> open folder ---> copy fonts.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 08:14 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Actually the best method is:

Click Start->Control Panel->Fonts

It should open up the fonts window. Now click

File->Install New Font

and then select the font you want to install.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 08:26 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

you see. i don't have the 'install option either confused i don't understand this at all

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 08:45 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 09:02 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Let me ring in another two cents here. Do a search for FONTS, locate the file folder, and drag your font file into the folder. That works for me.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 12:50 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote