KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Will Episode III surpass any of the OT movies? [Merged]

Will Revenge of the Sith be the Greatest Star Wars Movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It will be the Greatest. 67 70.53%
Uh... i'm not so sure. 28 29.47%
Total: 95 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will Episode III surpass any of the OT movies? [Merged]
Started by: MarioX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MarioX
Booker T Washington

Arrow Will Episode III surpass any of the OT movies?

Will Revenge of the Sith be better than, say, A New Hope? Empire Strikes Back? Or Return of the Jedi? It might be, and I hope so. Why would one hope for a mediocre movie, anyway, just to keep the prestige of the OT? I hope that Revenge is excellent and is seen as better than one of the Original movies.

Also, which of the original movies would be ranked third-best to you? Ep 4, 5, or 6?

The only social effects they affect are side effects of the health effects. smile

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 02:39 PM
Click here to Send MarioX a Private Message Find more posts by MarioX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vympel

Re: Will Episode III surpass any of the OT movies?

No contest, ROTJ is the worst of the Original Trilogy, though it's still enjoyable despite it's many flaws. I'm really hoping ROTS is better than ROTJ. Nothing will ever top TESB, ever. It was the absolute pinnacle of the films.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Vympel a Private Message Find more posts by Vympel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Re: Re: Will Episode III surpass any of the OT movies?

quote:
Originally posted by Vympel
No contest, ROTJ is the worst of the Original Trilogy, though it's still enjoyable despite it's many flaws. I'm really hoping ROTS is better than ROTJ. Nothing will ever top TESB, ever. It was the absolute pinnacle of the films.

100% agreed

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoMeN

same here 100% agreed

It comes through compassion, not greed. Love is the answer to the darkness.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:20 PM
Click here to Send NoMeN a Private Message Find more posts by NoMeN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

yes, 100 percent

thx 1138 was better than ROTJ

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:32 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

A New Hope and Empire will NEVER be topped, but i have hopes that ROTS will top Jediyes

and ill be the first to say Return Of The Jedi DOES kick a$$wink

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

the space battle does. the ewoks can suck my toe. ESB is the best because IRVIN is a *ucking genius.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:37 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

"IRVIN is a *ucking genius"

TOO RIGHTcool

He's also great on the "Empire Of Dreams" docwink

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

did he put that together or are you just talking about his interview?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:47 PM
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

I think it will top ANH and ROTJ, but not never ESB. Still the best movie to this day.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:51 PM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

top movies ever (to me)

esb
back to the future 1
matrix 1

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 04:08 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

quote:
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
did he put that together or are you just talking about his interview?

just talking about his experiences during the making of Empire, it was greatwink

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 04:13 PM
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

yeah he knows how to break down a story very well

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 04:15 PM
DARTH DADDY
just chill'n

We shall see. But if it looks as good as what we have seen so far then I would suspect that it may be the best of the saga. I don't think ESB was the best, but, I would say that it ranks up there with all of them. TPM would be my pick for the worst of them all. Too many obscurities that didn't mean anything(ie. midicloriens, I can't even spell it). I liked AOTC, but think that of the OT ANH is the best.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 04:25 PM
Click here to Send DARTH DADDY a Private Message Find more posts by DARTH DADDY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Y-chromo kid

ESB is my favourite too, as it is the only one untainted by "silly things" (you all know what I'm talking about). However, ROTJ is my second fav. If you rip away the endor/ewoks bit you have a very enjoyable movie. For me the Vader/Luke/Palps scenes are the best in the franchise. I still remember seeing it in the theater, willing Vader to rescue his poor, frazzled son. As to whether ROTS will be the best well, probably not; to much to hope for I suppose. The potential is there: tragedy, emotional turmoil + a whole load of sexy effects. I just think that the scale is so big and the situations so complicated that it will be difficult to pull together as effectively as we all want.

Last edited by Y-chromo kid on Jan 7th, 2005 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Y-chromo kid a Private Message Find more posts by Y-chromo kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

" + plus a whole load of sexy effects"

i like sexy effects

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 04:38 PM
Y-chromo kid

[ Too many obscurities that didn't mean anything(ie. midicloriens, I can't even spell it).

Yeah I disliked that also; clunky and embarassing; pointless. I'm sure GL could have found a better way of explaining Anakin's place in the Grand Scheme of Things. I remember there was a lot of laughter from the audience whenever midicl/ were mentioned

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Y-chromo kid a Private Message Find more posts by Y-chromo kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eXSBass
Kill the nOObs!

I think RotS will surpass the OT movies. Well I hope so! But I don't understand peoples beef with RotJ! I loved it to bits. At some times I think it's better than ESB!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 07:47 PM
Click here to Send eXSBass a Private Message Find more posts by eXSBass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbrowneye
F-1 ROCKS!

i think ROTS will be the very best out of all the movies. my opinion is that lucas is pulling out all the stops, and by learning from his mistakes from the other movies, will make this his crowning glory. I think this will top all of them. But, to me, each of the movies, from Phantom to Jedi has it's flaw's, but to me it's what makes them unique individually, but the flaw's don't take away from my favorite aspect.....the story. IMHO blink blink

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:20 PM
Click here to Send darthbrowneye a Private Message Find more posts by darthbrowneye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

it makes sense that he would learn of his mistakes. ep.2 was alittle bit better than ep. 1 that means hes realizing what the public wants to see and gives it to us.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 08:22 PM