KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Tinged with sadness

Tinged with sadness
Started by: Darth_Duffy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Duffy

Worried Tinged with sadness

Right, i for one feel that there is no way GL is going to make epsisodes 7,8 & 9, nor should he, as i dont feel there is really anywhere for the story to go.
But at the same time, i cant help but feeling that when episode 3 comes out, and the film finishes, it is going to be tinged with sadness that the saga has drawn to a close. Its like the end of an era, the only thing to do is buy all 6 when they bring out the set and watch it through when you come over all sentimenal.

I'd also like to add that this supershadow bloke is a complete ***.
the way he comes out with 'this idea will be forwarded to lucas' really makes me cringe and the gullable people on there are really eating up all he has to say.
One particular recent post on there where somebody asks him to invite GL to his birthday party is particularly pathetic mad

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 10:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Duffy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

please, keep the ss-bashing in the other threads, no need to spread more hatred

and DD, those ep 7-9... fanboy dreams, GL stopped thinking of those already ages ago

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 05:03 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Duffy

not entirely happy with the harsh tone there my son.
i was in no way saying there should be episodes 7-9 i was saying its sad its drawing to a close

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Duffy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it sure is DD, but no more stories to tell for GL so it's time to give sw a rest

just might sound harsh, cause I was hoping to stop this thread to become a new SS-bashing thread before it could start

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 05:37 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It WILL be sad. But there is value in conclusion.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Felix L

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
there is value in conclusion.

I like that phrase. Sounds like words to live by. big grin

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 08:05 AM
Click here to Send Felix L a Private Message Find more posts by Felix L Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rustiswordz
Rusty i aint......

i agree, it will be an end of an era.

someone did say eons ago that the thrawn books were the unofficial 7/8/9 ?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 08:08 AM
Click here to Send rustiswordz a Private Message Find more posts by rustiswordz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, that someone isn't GL or lucasfilm related

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 11:05 AM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I get where you're coming from DD. I'm gonna be sad too. sad

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:11 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and I'll be here waiting to hug you lyn wink

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 11:15 AM
Dirty Vader

it will be sad...but luckily we have EU to look forward to, to continue the era smile

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
and I'll be here waiting to hug you lyn wink

laughing wink stick out tongue big grin Happy Dance

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Star Wars has many critics but history will prove that these 6 films represent the greatest story ever told at the Cinema. Even when the saga is over Star Wars will be with me, always...

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 11:30 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RobBo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Tinged with sadness

quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Duffy
....and the film finishes, it is going to be tinged with sadness that the saga has drawn to a close. Its like the end of an era.....

Don't forget that us old hands have been there before. When Luke burned the body of Darth Vader, we thought THAT was the end of an era!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 11:39 PM
Click here to Send RobBo a Private Message Find more posts by RobBo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Re: Re: Tinged with sadness

quote:
Originally posted by RobBo
Don't forget that us old hands have been there before. When Luke burned the body of Darth Vader, we thought THAT was the end of an era!
Yep, I remember sitting on the steps of the cinema being absolutely gutted when ROTJ finished coz I thought that was it all over.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 11:47 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
padme wanna be

The reson Im not that enthusiastic about 7,8,9 is because the oringal cast will be to old to do another movie. That means new acters and I dont know about you but I dont want to see new people playing our old favorits. big grin

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:46 AM
Click here to Send padme wanna be a Private Message Find more posts by padme wanna be Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

quote:
Yep, I remember sitting on the steps of the cinema being absolutely gutted when ROTJ finished coz I thought that was it all over.
well, technically, the trilogy did end there. this is just the prelude to all that happens in the OT.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well there is a tv show or two in the works...

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote