KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Nintendo Film Studio is a Go

Nintendo Film Studio is a Go
Started by: ChickinMeat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChickinMeat

Nintendo Film Studio is a Go

i did a quick scan for this, but i didnt see it, appologies if i missed it!

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news....tem&id=5862

quote:
Nintendo is running with its former president's proposal for an animated film studio.

Nikkei News confirmed Thursday that Nintendo is internally making an animated film for 2006.

Hiroshi Yamauchi announced his plans to found a new film production studio in September; it appears his proposal last month garnered support from Nintendo's major investors.

The initial story drafted plans for a movie based the Ogura Hyakunin Isshu poems. Nikkei now reports that Nintendo is considering a movie based on one of its own game franchises instead.

The new Nintendo team will also be responsible for executing a cross-promotional program for the next Pokémon movie and Nintendo DS, announced by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata in October. Movie watchers with Pokémon games in their Nintendo DS systems will receive special content wirelessly.

so what do guys think of this one? i reckon it could be an interesting caper.

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 11:38 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I bet if they have any success at all.......won't be too long before we see a Zelda or Metroid film on the big screen.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 01:10 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I would see a Zelda movie... if they don't mess it up like a lot of video game movies tend to.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 01:08 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

A sequel to Super Mario Bros?

THE HORROR THE HORROR!!!

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 01:15 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingAdRock
RadsAds

You know Dr. Strangelove. I heard somewhere around the Internet, I don't even remember anymore because it was a while ago. But they said that, they were gonna probably make a super mario brothers movie, and that Maryln Manson was gonna be in it lol. But anyway, that is really cool that Nintendo is making a movie studio...I will hope they can make a zelda now..that would be the best, I know they wouldn't screw it up.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 07:50 PM
KingAdRock is currently offline Click here to Send KingAdRock a Private Message Find more posts by KingAdRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Londonboy7
Dance DODODUDODODO

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

THE HORROR THE HORROR!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I bet it will be samaus or link

quote:

I'm suing you for being a London Boy. And London Boys are sexeh. [/B]

Protected by the Dynomite Cult
KMC GANG MEMBER

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 10:02 PM
Londonboy7 is currently offline Click here to Send Londonboy7 a Private Message Find more posts by Londonboy7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

They said that a Metroid movie was in the works awhile back.. hopefully they'll resume work on it now that they have this smile

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 11:12 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

THE HORROR THE HORROR!!!

Don't be afraid stick out tongue

It would most likely be a remake with a whole different story, maybe even animated.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 06:10 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Its an "animated" studio so that kills the chances of live movies being made of things like Zelda.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 12:00 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote