KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II, EPISODE I (LIGHT SIDE)- Conspiracy

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II, EPISODE I (LIGHT SIDE)- Conspiracy
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (154): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II, EPISODE I (LIGHT SIDE)- Conspiracy

It had not taken long for the delegates to start squabbling, in the darkened stone room.

“I didn’t come here to bandy words about trade quotas and agricultural reform!” said the Zanxian delegate, slamming an emphatic hand against the large round wooden table around which a variety of species sat. “This is meant to be a call to arms and action!”

“And I did not come here to talk terrorism,” said a tentacled creature from the underwater farming world of Nulai. “Political pressure must remain our primary objective.”

“Hah! More words! Ten thousand years of words has done you no good, why would any more suit you now? The Republic won’t listen. Or at least the Senate will not. We are all here for the same reason- the Senate no longer represents the interests of its members! Our worlds our suffering for the greed and powermongering of the political elite!”

“The Chancellor is amenable to…”

“Two years he has already been given! Time enough, I say. Now is our time to act. We can all nationalise our own financial interests. Dare the Republic to do anything about it! I know I am not the only one who feels like this. What says Damagran?”

Bendaea, the uniformed representative of Damagran’s representative assembly, the Duma, shifted in his chair.

“It’s only been two years since my world nearly tore itself apart over the issue of direct action,” he said. “I do not think more violence at this time would be our objective, and violence is what it would come to. The current administration on Damagran came to power on a promise to resolve our issues peaceably.”

“In the face of an illegal Republican blockade! And promises of aid from the Jedi that were never made good.”

“Best to put these issues behind us for the good of all. And regardless, the Jedi did at least solve our major problem.”

“Before abandoning you, for a million other worries. The Senators expect the Jedi to solve all their problems for them, and those that cannot be helped, they ignore. What is the mood of your people over the continuing presence of Pelloran’s pirates in your sector?”

“Uneasy,” conceded Bendaea.

“Yet the Republic cares nothing for your Confederacy. 13 worlds ignored just because you are not in the inner core. Is this what you came to power to accept?” Before Bendaea could reply, an elderly man from Lagoas spoke.

“It is easy for worlds such as Zanxia and Damagran to debate the merits of direct action,” he said. “You have your own support networks and military that make such things possible. What of the rest of us? Those who depend on the Republic for survival, regardless of how careless that aid has become? What of those of us who cannot defend ourselves? That goes for most of the delegates at this table. Such talk is futile until we have certain assurances. And so talking of assurances, where is the Chairman?”

“I agree,” says Bendaea. “No decision of policy can be taken without him. Where is the Count?”

-

The delegates were being watched by a hidden security camera.

“It did not take them long to argue,” said an aide- actually a Senatorial assistant, pretending to be on a factfinding mission.

“That is only to be expected,” said Dooku, watching from a soft-backed chair. “It is good- argument is the best way for me to gauge their positions and commitment.”

“Some of them are going to have to be more committed than they think.”

“That can be handled in time.”

“Things are already difficult. Your assassin was rather… noisy. And identifying him may not be difficult.”

“That is always an issue with these people,” said Dooku. “Their skill and their pride goes hand in hand. All those at that level I employ are like that- even Jango is the same. But such quirks can be useful sometimes.”

“And if the Jedi do identify our agent?”

“That is very likely. Master Gundark will recognise the cause of death.”

“You know her?”

“She was a good friend of my old Padawan. I can rely upon what she will do. Do not worry yourself- a resolution is already prepared. Come now- time I made a personal appearance.”

-

Dooku listened patiently to everyone’s points.

“My friends,” he said. “Do not think for one moment that I do not understand the urgency of your concerns. I must at this point ask for everyone’s patience. It is not easy to bring sense and order to such an ancient establishment as the Republic. We cannot expect all the rights we are due in too short a time. Given time, and I can deal with all these problems. An organisation, and support network, that will supply security for everyone- and the opportunity to act in all of our interests.”

“Security?” asked the Nulaian delegate. “You can guarantee our safety?”

“Given time, indeed I can. But now, we have a different matter to discuss- one that may ultimately aid in all of our concerns, and explain many things to us. I think now, our attention must turn… to Coruscant…”

---

Well folks, welcome to the new Star Wars campaign! Beginning now is Episode I of that campaign for the Light Siders. For now, you guys can stop worrying about Kuylen and his old cronies- they have been gone for years and there is no indication they are ever returning. And they have their own problems to worry about.

So, now we can branch out and see what ELSE is happening in the Galaxy… and the answer is, rather a lot! Let us see what you can discover.

As the game opens, all of you are together at the Temple on Coruscant, whilst between missions. Newcomers to the game have met one or all of the old players in the two years that have elapsed since the last one, probably whilst doing a mission together. Even Xeth has dropped by to say hello to his old comrades, and he has brought a friend of his as well. Xeth and Densk, you are kinda between ‘engagements’ as well- Xeth has been particularly out of the loop since the investigation into Shareth the Hutt’s acquisition of the battle droids shut down, despite his gathering of evidence. Bringing a Hutt to justice is near impossible, but annoyingly you couldn’t pin any of her Republican contacts either, for various legal reasons.

But for the Knights, life is busy. Demand on the Jedi is increasing and you are all expecting fresh missions very soon.

I shall be trying to ease you guys into the Jedi way of life here; on assignments to various places, on varying missions. The important thing to remember is that your role changes according to the job. Whilst acting as a policeman, you must stay within the law. But if sent out of the Republic to apprehend a criminal, you are acting as a Republican agent and are permitted to do whatever is necessary in the place you are sent to. Hence, a lot of your work in this game will be about adapting to your jobs and making sure you represent the Jedi appropriately. However, I warn you in advance, if you are successful in this game, the finale that awaits you is VERY dangerous indeed. So watch out. By that point I hope all the basics are sorted.

Unlike before, there is no reason at all not to look at what the Dark Siders are doing. Whilst there are links between your plots, right now they are exceedingly small and tenuous, and it can even be fun to try and spot them. Still, if you want to be literal about not knowing, don’t look at it- but it might be quite a while before you see anything of them again

At this point, I need to ask everyone what, if any, predictive power they wish to use before the game starts. I’ll need to know it pretty quickly because once the plot gets underway you are forbidden from using them. As a reminder, the predictive powers you may have taken are:

Dreams. Using this gives you a small chance that the Force will have given you insight into what is to come in the upcoming story, giving you a chance to better react and deal with these events.

Foresight. This is better than Dreams- it represents you actually spending time to navigate the future to deliberately try and get warning of upcoming events. It can give far more clear and comprehensive visions than Dreams.

Instincts. The power of the Living Force gives you no warning about the future at all, but makes you more likely to do things right once you get there. A successful use of Instincts will give you a certain amount of re-rolls to use during the story, which you van use whenever a die roll goes badly to get a better result.

So, if you have Foresight, don’t use Dreams, Foresight is simply better. So if you have a choice, chose between either Cosmic Force prediction in advance, or Living Force sense at the time.

If you wish, you may reduce your force rating by one for the story to get +1 on your prediction roll. The Force power Augury also gives a bonus to these rolls, as does the Acolyte talent ‘Highly Symbiotic’. If the upcoming storyline is drastically relevant to you, you get +4 to the roll, but I will not tell you that in advance.

Choose one; I shall make the roll and tell you the result. Bear in mind that the rolls are not easy and if you get a result you have been lucky.

Good luck folks; the next post I make will be the starting situation.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 19th, 2004 at 04:44 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2004 04:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I'll use my dreams power, without any deduction from my Force Pool

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Last edited by Fire on May 19th, 2004 at 04:54 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2004 04:49 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(None for me...)

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:02 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Woohoo!
It has begun!
I'm gonna use deams and Insticts. (I think I still have Instincts.)

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:20 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(I think you can only use one...)

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:26 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

ah didn't catch that!
In that case instincts only

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:30 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Xeth, none? You have Dreams. Just about EVERYONE has at least one!

Results will follow once everyone decides. Remember to tell me if you want to burn a force point into it, for the story.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 19th, 2004 at 10:56 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:43 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

c'mon gundy, get your asses in gear noobs

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:46 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Part One- Trial and Retribution

Jedi Temple, Coruscant, Training Wing

There is a room. The room is pure white, large, painful on the eyes when well lit, as now.

In the centre of the room sits a boy, no more than 13. His name is Vilpa Adar. He is cross-legged, and blindfolded.

Around him, is a structure built of small silver bricks, forming a kind of fort around him. One hundred bricks in all.

On the outskirts of the room, stand the players and the other two padawans. They are all watching. Marcus stands a little apart from the others.

With enough concentration, Vilpa uses the force to turn the switch that starts the process. As the grav-units start to function, the bricks lift into the air, out of their carefully built pattern, and start to swirl around Vilpa. Slowly at first, and then faster, and faster and faster.

99 of the bricks are silver. One of them is gold. Vilpa had five minutes to use the force to feel the bricks whilst they were in the fort. Now, he has one minute to try and sense which one is the gold brick, and use the force to pluck it out of the air. If he does so, he will be successful in this test of his senses, instincts and timing. The Force cannot tell him the colours. He can only try and feel which one is 'right'.

You may all talk among yoursleves in that minute...

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 19th, 2004 at 10:12 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:53 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"He is very Impressive" I say to Xeth

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:55 PM
Fire

"He's sensitivity is one of his strong points indeed Roan"
I hope he makes it, if not... he'll have to redo this test, he must get it right

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:59 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yea I knew that that is your Padawan Marcus......
"I have the utmost confidence in him, I'm sure you have tought him well"

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:04 PM
Fire

"I have done my best, most of it is up to him now"

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:07 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"You should be proud, Master Marcus," Xeth said, having come to the Temple to see his old friends and watch their Padawans train. "I am not graced with such an honor as a Padawan because the Council does not deem it healthy for a youngster such as Vilpa to be killing pirates on Nar Shaddaa and be hunted by a Hutt."

Xeth crosses his arms. Currently, he had removed his Geonasian armor to allow more comfort to him. His curved lightsaber hung from his belt, but he had left his sonic blaster on his starship.

"And yes, he is quite impressive, Roan. Where is your Padawan?"

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:30 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(If you think I should, Ush, I'll go with Dreams)

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, why not use one if you have it? Costs nothing.

BtVS

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:41 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(Yeah, I read up on it...)

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:43 PM
Fire

"I am proud of Vilpa, and if you would follow the code just a bit more the council would intrust you with a padawan as well"

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:45 PM
Brit
Duchess

(Foresight for Jelena! yes )

Jelena stood nearby, next to Roan and Marcus. She had befriended them while watching the Padawans just a year ago, having heard of their exploits in chasing Kuylen. She admired them greatly, even if they were not of her kind.

She toyed with one of her lekku. "I cannot wait to have one of my own. I would take much pride in teaching a youngling."

She looked to Xeth, who she had less of a liking for. While she had worked with him before, she did not like the fact that he was a renegade Jedi too much.

"So, uh, Xeth, the thing against Shareth has failed?"

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:45 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth rolled his eyes and made a clicking noise with his second mouth, signalling distaste.

"We've been over it before, Marcus. I do not like being restrained to merely punishing criminals in the Core Worlds..."

He turned to Jelena. Twi'lek, awesome... he thought to himself, then remembered he was present with a bunch of Jedi and shunned the thought.

"Yes, the Taloraan government has deemed it too costly to continue paying me, especially if I cannot bring anything against Shareth by now. It's been three years since I began."

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:48 PM