KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » most harrowing scene in film

most harrowing scene in film
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

most harrowing scene in film

many film have pushed the boat out either in a deliberate attempt to push boundaries or merely to make people angry at what they are witnessing

perhaps film pushes to hard sometimes and hides behind the "its not real" defence in order to get away with certain vulgarities

personally the hardest scene that i have watched is in the film irreversible with monica belluci...a nine minute single shot rape then that even the most hardy film goer will find very difficult to stomach

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290673/

another scene is in Tim Roth's "the war zone" in which ray winstone plays a father who abuses his teenage daughter unaware that his son is watching...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141974/

then of course there is the passion of the christ...particularly the scene where he is whipped with the metal lined whips and of course the horrifying crucifixtion scene

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335345/

what films have you seen that have made you question the neccessity of such hard hitting scenes in film?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Last edited by jaden101 on Mar 16th, 2005 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 08:37 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

It is something that happens in most firms and there is nothering we can do about it.Frankly I just annore it.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 08:45 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I just annore it.JM

Annore..ignore..same thing.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 09:12 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Irreversible rape scene

Irreversible fire extinguisher scene

Auditions finale

Happiness' dialogue between a child molesting father and his son trying to understand why he does what he does.

Salo - The entire movie

Men Behind the Sun - the entire movie.

I stand alone - The scene where the butcher fantasizes about murdering his daughter.

I Spit on Your Grave -Castration Scene.

Kids - The entire movie.

Cannibal Holocaust - The animal death scenes.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 09:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I have not seen any of those movies and am quite glad...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 10:42 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

The worst one I've seen at the cinema was definately the flaying scene in the passion of the christ

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 09:42 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
irreversible with monica belluci...a nine minute single shot rape then that even the most hardy film goer will find very difficult to stomach

Notice how the director used a still camera for that scene, and the rest of the film was mostly hand held all over the place shots.

I found the part where someone walked into the tunnel while the rape was happening and walked straight back out without helping more disturbing than the rape itself.

quote:
then of course there is the passion of the christ...particularly the scene where he is whipped with the metal lined whips and of course the horrifying crucifixtion scene

Gibson has released the film in a new cut with minutes of the more graphic scenes edited out.

As for the original film, I didn't find it disturbing at all, especially after all the hype about the gore...

quote:
another scene is in Tim Roth's "the war zone" in which ray winstone plays a father who abuses his teenage daughter unaware that his son is watching...

Urgh, that was really disturbing to watch, disturbing film indeed.

Not really very disturbing, but a scene from the film Haute Tension, a gory French slasher, excellent film.

Near the start you see a man in a van and it looks like a woman is giving him a blow job, and then when he has finished, the viewers realise it's a decapitated woman's head because he throws it out of the van window onto the floor after being done with it... Just the thought of it, urgh. Even more disturbing when you realise something later on in the film.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 01:14 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

The 'cutting off the ear scene' in Resevoir Dogs.. I cant hear 'Stuck in the Middle With You' without getting chills..

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:24 PM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

I don't find that scene very disturbing, it's sadistic and horrible, but at no point did it make me want to look away. Plus Mr Blonde's little bits of dialogue in it are hilarious. I find Mr Orange's slow death much more disturbing.

Physical violence and gore has never effected me much, my most harrowing moment was in Casualties Of War. The pain and suffering the soldiers put that Vietnamese girl through, even before they rape her, never fails to horrify me.

Last edited by Deathblow on Mar 19th, 2005 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 10:02 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeachBunny
Creme De la Creme

In "The Ring"
when the girl comes out of the TV

awwww!!!! (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 10:03 PM
BeachBunny is currently offline Click here to Send BeachBunny a Private Message Find more posts by BeachBunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by Deathblow
I don't find that scene very disturbing, it's sadistic and horrible, but at no point did it make me want to look away. Plus Mr Blonde's little bits of dialogue in it are hilarious. I find Mr Orange's slow death much more disturbing.

i probably could have handled it, till he put the gasoline on it... Makes me cringe every time...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 04:32 AM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ms_erupt
Um...Me?

Re: most harrowing scene in film

Originally posted by jaden101
what films have you seen that have made you question the neccessity of such hard hitting scenes in film?

I've never seen a, er, scene that made me question it's neccessity. I think that it's make the film that much better and more real to keep scenes like that in the movie. You know what I mean? Like, not sugar coating it for the audience.

Anyhow, the scene in American History X where Derek makes that guy bite the curb then stomps on the back of his head. *shudders* Man, that gets me everytime. You don't even see anything gory, but just the thought of it. Or, the scene where he get's raped in the shower.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 05:09 AM
ms_erupt is currently offline Click here to Send ms_erupt a Private Message Find more posts by ms_erupt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Oh, that one WAS disturbing.. the thought of his teeth crucnhing on that pavement, amongst other details... YIKES....

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 04:15 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont really want this to be a thread that turns into what is the most blood curdling violence scene because there are to many to mention

one of the best however is the hobbling scene in misery..

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:10 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

The two most disturbing scenes ever would have to be in the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre when one of the characters gets his leg hacked off, then gets dragged down into the basement, (while his nails tear off trying to escape) gets shoved ont a meat hook, and finally has salt put onto his wound. And also in Shawn of the Dead when one guy gets his intestines ripped out and eaten. Wasn't that movie supposed to be a comedy????

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 03:54 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

There was a scene in this movie called May where the main character was trying to create Frankenstein and to give it an eye she jammed a pair of scissors into her eyeball and gouged it out.

Another movie called Unspeakable had this guy tearing off his own entire face with his fingernails.

Finally, and most horrific of all, Jar Jar Binx.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 04:18 AM
DarkAge is currently offline Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Happiness' dialogue between a child molesting father and his son trying to understand why he does what he does.

Kids - The entire movie.

SNAP! Happiness is fooked. As amusing as it is, that final scene is pretty disgusting...Just think about it!

As for 'Kids', I wouldn't say that the WHOLE movie is repulsive, but The Virgin Surgeon is definitely a repuslive character. Have you seen 'Ken Park'? It's the same deal there...

Pretty much all of 'Ju On: The Grudge' is disturbing. Yes, I'm talking about the Japanese original, not 'Buffy The Grudge Slayer'.

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 04:24 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Originally posted by stingray005
The two most disturbing scenes ever would have to be in the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre when one of the characters gets his leg hacked off, then gets dragged down into the basement, (while his nails tear off trying to escape) gets shoved ont a meat hook, and finally has salt put onto his wound. And also in Shawn of the Dead when one guy gets his intestines ripped out and eaten. Wasn't that movie supposed to be a comedy????

i dont think either of those things were that bad.

and i dont think i've seen something in a film thats made me look away of go "god damn, thats bad."

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 04:43 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I was watching my "Boogeymen" DVD, and it had a trailer for "The Dentist". Now, this being somewhat of a universal fear, there was a scene where Corbin Bernsen literally drilled a mans tooth OUT. I mean this guy was HOLLOWING HIS TOOTH...RIGHT THE **** OUT....

I'm just speechless after having witnessed that. How unnerving.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 04:49 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yeah i saw an ad for that movie on the Bruiser tape, you see from inside the mouth and the teeth getting ground out.... :: shudders :: good one c-dic, i needed that wink

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 04:56 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote