KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Northstar vs Quicksilver.

Northstar vs Quicksilver.
Started by: rotiart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Northstar vs Quicksilver.

Northstar vs Pietro... however Pietro has his classic and current powers.. meaning he has his speed, reflexes and time travelling powers...

Personally I'd give the edge to Pietro...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 11:48 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

northstar easily. Quicksilver moves at the speed of sound. 2000 mps. Northstar moves at the speed of light 186000 mps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 11:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

When did he start to move at the speed of light???

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 11:56 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I've never heard of Northstar reaching lightspeed.. I always thought he was restricted to mach speeds... looking at a couple sites I notice that most say that if he moves beyond Mach 10 he would experience pain, and that while it may be possible for him to approach light speed "theoretically" he has not done it.

The below is from marvel.com, but it states pretty much the same thing on several sites... I can't profess to read much alpha flight, only maybe 5-6 issues, but i've never seen him do anything like what people are suggesting.

From marvel.com:
Northstar can move and fly at superhuman speed. He can channel a portion of the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in his body's molecules in a single direction, accelerating his body to a velocity in direct proportion to the amount of kinetic energy he has tapped. It is theoretically possible for Northstar to reach 99% of the speed of light (186,272 miles per second in a vacuum), but his inability to breathe at such speeds and the damage his body would suffer from wind and friction prevent him.
As a side effect of partially robbing his molecules of their atomic motion, the binding forces within and between the molecules increase which enhances the sheer toughness of Northstar’s entire body. This effect gives his skin enough durability to withstand speeds up to at least Mach 10 without injury. Northstar can also vary the rate of acceleration of his molecules to release a cascade of photons as bright as a lighthouse beacon.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 11:58 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

he's never actually moved at light speed on panel, but due to the nature of his powers he has the potential to. cuz he's not just some guy who can run and fly fast, as stated he can accelerate his molecules, but no matter how fast you are you cant beat someone who can time travel. case in point Wally vs Zoom

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 12:15 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
northstar easily. Quicksilver moves at the speed of sound. 2000 mps. Northstar moves at the speed of light 186000 mps.

2000 mps is way faster than Mach 1.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 12:30 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

yah.. but you through in the timetravel...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 01:18 AM
-K-M-

Originally posted by manjaro
he's never actually moved at light speed on panel, but due to the nature of his powers he has the potential to.

Naaa...he did it recently against the X-Men

1. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j...en190005qg7.jpg

Here's Aurora dodging multiple lightening bolts
1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n-One084_18.jpg
---
Aurora/Northstar respect thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:28 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

So northstar is bad now?

I get paid for the first time in 3 months on friday. I've got a lot of catching up to do on my comics

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:49 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Yes and no, he was killed and ressurected by the Hand and given an upgrade but brainwashed just like how Wolverine was. Then he was captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. to be reprogrammed to be a good guy, however, the Children of the Vault destroyed the S.H.I.E.L.D base and took Northstar in and gave him an upgrade and brainwashed him some more. Him and his sister, were both brain washed by this new group, but they are desperatly trying to break the control and return good.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:52 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yes and no, he was manipulated by the Hand and given an upgrade but brainwashed just like how Wolverine was. Then he was captured by S.H.I.E.L.D. to be reprogrammed to be a good guy, however, the Children of the Vault destroyed the S.H.I.E.L.D base and took Northstar in and gave him an upgrade and brainwashed him some more. Him and his sister, were both brain washed by this new group, but they are desperatly trying to break the control and return good.

Ok thanks. I was only aware of that happening by the hand, cheers for the info.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:54 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Naaa...he did it recently against the X-Men

1. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j...en190005qg7.jpg

Here's Aurora dodging multiple lightening bolts
1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n-One084_18.jpg
---
Aurora/Northstar respect thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

I'm sorry but i can't see the actual posts... so i can't see what its saying in pic 1.

pic 2... not sure either.. but i do have to say lightning bolts do not travel at the speed of light. they are stated as anywhere form 1/3 to 1/2 the speed of light... with the stated general speed as around 60000 miles per second still 60000 miles per second.. about just less then 1/3 the speed of light is pretty darn frigging fast...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:55 AM
-K-M-

1. Northstar moved at the speed of light which mentions how fast the speed of light and then mentions how Cyclops visor is much slower so Northstar steps into the gap and redirects the blast

2. Their not the speed of light, just showing a speed feat that trumps anything Quicksilver has ever done. However, zig-zagging between them...major feat.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:59 AM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

oh yeah i forgot aboutt he cyclops thing...i guess you have to see the actual comic to make it out, but if yo ulook closrly you can just make him out as a barely visible blur

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 03:40 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by manjaro
oh yeah i forgot aboutt he cyclops thing...i guess you have to see the actual comic to make it out, but if yo ulook closrly you can just make him out as a barely visible blur

Yep, I have the whole battle posted in the respect thread if anyone wants to see it.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 03:44 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

2000 mps DOES NOT = the speed of sound

The speed of sound is roughly 750 mph, and 2000 mps is 7,200,000 mph

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 03:48 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

speed of sound is 2000 mps someone need to some more history. Speed of sound start at 2000 mps and again northstar moves easily at the speed of light with no fatigue, he does it all the time, with no problem and mimic has a piece of northstar powers and he can only use 50% of the powers that he get. It was stated in the exiles book when mimic fought hyperion that he moves half the speed of light which is 93000 mps. Oh and by the way, with all you people using superman strength in battles, I have a wizard that shows superman top speed and it states that he move only at 2000 mps. If he fought someone like mimic or northstar or flash they would dodge him all day, with no problem.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 07:06 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

speed of sound is 2000 mps someone need to some more history. Speed of sound start at 2000 mps and again northstar moves easily at the speed of light with no fatigue, he does it all the time, with no problem and mimic has a piece of northstar powers and he can only use 50% of the powers that he get. It was stated in the exiles book when mimic fought hyperion that he moves half the speed of light which is 93000 mps. Oh and by the way, with all you people using superman strength in battles, I have a wizard that shows superman top speed and it states that he move only at 2000 mps. If he fought someone like mimic or northstar or flash they would dodge him all day, with no problem.

question, i know exiles tends to use alternate realties... so... how does that fit in...?
Northstar is stating as having the potential to hit lightspeed.. but has not been shown beyond mach 10.

and the speed of sound is NOT 2000mps... there is no history on it. He's right its about 750 mph...The speed of sound is 344 m/s (1238 km/h or 770 mph). notice thats 344 meters per second, 1238 kilometers per hour or 770 miles per hour... these are speeds taken at sea level...

even if you were doing meters... as mps... you're off by almost 1700... m/s...

And now you know... and knowing is half the battle!
jesus.. didn't you take physics carver? cause it definitely looks like batdude did...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 07:15 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

roughly...
sound= 770 mph
light= 186000mps
lightning 60000mps (roughly though it does appear to be debated between 1/3 to 1/2 the speed of light)

big difference.. huge... gigantic...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 07:18 AM
carver9

thank you all for the info but was stating that qs moves at 2000 mps whereas northstar moves at 186000mps.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 07:19 AM