KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Multi-Author Fiction Area » Crimson Rose (Interview the Vampire II) - Story Thread (Only)

Crimson Rose (Interview the Vampire II) - Story Thread (Only)
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Love Crimson Rose (Interview the Vampire II) - Story Thread (Only)

Viewer Notification: To everyone who reads this story and would like to leave comments, please (I beg of you) do not post a comment nor try to write the next story bit without permission of any sort. This is a story only thread and only the authors of this story can control this thread, other than the forums' moderators. Just want to make sure that everyone will be clear on this. Thank you for your time.

To submitt a comment or suggestion, please go here: Interview with the Vampire: Carry On - Discussion Thread - Contains Story Spoilers!

Title: Crimson Rose
Authors: BOPRecruit 16 & RagingSilent
Rated: PG-13
Category: Books/Movies - Interview with the Vampire (Anne Rice)
Genre: Horror/Romance/Drama
Spoiler: Sequel to the first Vampire Chronicles book
Synopsis: (Confidential - Given Over Course of Story)
Pairing: Louis Pointe du Lac/OC
Completion: Unknown
Disclaimer: We have no ownership over Anne Rice nor the movie productions' material. Also, we thank them for such inspiration and colorful culture.

CRIMSON ROSE

RagingSilent: The night air was crisp, fresh and soothing against my skin. I stepped off the boat, and stood on the docks, my eyes slowly drifting above. The clouds were dark, heavy and thick, swirling across the mystical sky. Through the dim of the clouds, I swear I could see the angelic face of my dear Claudia, her face burning with sorrow as her sapphire eyes cried softly to my heart. Slowly, I turned away, my heart deep with ache, my mind recalling the sweet of her voice. I urged my feet along, as my eyes surveyed the glittering moon above.

I thought of Lestat, the dark prince of the world, and at the remembrance of his fate, I almost showed mercy, yet the memory of him would forever haunt my dreams. I shook away his face, his eyes poisoning my soul. I slowly continued my steps, my eyes looking eagerly around to see the world I once knew, the old world of my human days. The truth of my old life was a bittersweet song. I so longed to see the sun, to know the brilliant shades of the glistening dawn.

BOPRecruit 16: My persistant foot steps lead me towards the epicenter of a now bustling metropolis filled with blinding lights that shone like the sun from my distant memories of my mortal days. The once neglected and peaceful streets of New Orleans was now occupied by many life forms filled with joy and lust for the harmonious, yet pitchy tones, of the local town's musicians and for the buzz of the celebration that made their living soul's dance and sway about the obstacles of other party goers. I could never recall my quiet, old hometown being this full of life and yet, grind against my nerves like so when the waves of song bounced off the earthened toned walls to my delicate ears. Then again, it has been over three hundred years since I had last set foot upon this land of the free called America.

RagingSilent: Through a thick crowd of unknown people, my eyes found focus on a small noisy tavern. Dim lights gave the tavern a lively, welcoming look. Laughter echoed around, and the smiling faces of people sent a small smile to my heart, as I realized I was glad to be back in my beloved New Orleans. Abruptly, my gaze was interrupted as someone bumped into me. I looked down and found a woman picking up her dropped belongings. I bent down and picked up a black bag of hers. She looked up at me suddenly, “Oh, I’m so sorry, I was rushing, I did not see you.” Her midnight blue eyes looked at me deeply, waiting for a response. I looked at her carefully. I noticed her hair was unique indeed: long and jet black in color, with dark blue streaks framing her beautiful face. “You are forgiven,” I said, smiling gently. She returned the smile, taking her bag as I offered it to her. “Thankyou, but I must be going now.” She got up slowly and turned around, her lengthy violet dress twirling smoothly around her as she hastily walked away.

BOPRecruit 16: I watched the young woman go, gracefully making her way around the lively people occupying the bustling tavern towards the entrance to a street filled with party goers. My gaze was trained upon the ebony locks that complimented the wild streaks of midnight blue framing her face, soon becoming bewildered by such a unique sight. It puzzled me as to how her hair came to be like that. I knew that people could use special dyes to tint sheets of cloth and the like...but hair as well? Seems a little absurd to me...

As my subconscious continued to ponder this mystery, I finally got my feet to have the sense to move once more. I made my way through the crowd until I approached the wooden counter and found a place to sit upon one of the tall legged chairs. The lamps dangling from the low ceiling casted fire light down upon the shiney counter and reflecting it about, illuminating the counter area. Taverns were never this decent up until a century ago, depending on the location. I remembered them used to having rough wooden surfaces that have faded to a depressing shade of a greyish brown from being exposed to too much sunlight, no ceramic tiles covering the floors, and lamp lights were of few in supply, making the taverns of old, dim and grim in appearance.

I sat here patiently, as the bar tender made his way down the line of drunken customers requesting for something more or stronger than what they had just drained, talking in a slurred tone, jumbling their words here and there. As the man did so, every so often, he would shake his head in shame, probably at the sight of seeing how drunk some of these people were getting to wash their pain away or trying to out do someone in a fool's compeitition. Mentally, I sympathized with his empathy.

A moment passed, and the bar tender finally came round to me and asked me what I would like in a fake cheery tone which I could tell was underlined with exhaustion from the days work and that he didn't care much what I ordered as long as it provided him income for the night. Since he seemed tired, I decided not to bother looking at the menu posted on the wooden collum dividing the shelves behind him of mild and strong alcohol based beverages. I requested a mildly strong whiskey that would somewhat burn as it went down my throat. Although I haven't needed any liquids to sustain me other than blood for nearly two hundred years, I thought it would be nice to have a small celebration upon my grand, low profiled return to my beloved hometown of New Orleans.

The bar tender soon came back with my order and placed it before me, without much ceremony, so I paid him quickly as possible, to get him out of my sight and vice versa. I took the glass in one hand and took a small sip, for I wasn't used to dining on anything alcoholic nor a whiskey since I was mortal and wasting away my family's fortune and reputation by betting it all away and spending my evening's with local prostitudes. The golden brown liquid hardly stung at all as it poured down my esphophogus. I hardly had to concern myself with the after effects of a drink such as this, for I can no longer get drunk off of this like I used to. Soon, I was able to drain the mug with ease and in peace, for no one would disturb me. No prosititudes to select upon a whim and no vampire would follow me out of the bar as I made my way home.

RagingSilent: I sighed lightly, in relief that I would not be bothered by anyone. There was a comfort in that thought, as I felt that at this time in my endless life, I did want to be alone. Alone with my pain. I tapped my glass twice on the counter to signal to the bar keeper that I desired another drink. He slowly made his way to me, a false smile planted on his face as he asked me, “The same?” I nodded my head in reply. I watched him in the distance, pouring my drink carefully, the sweet liquor seeming tempting from the time I had to wait. He came back with my drink, placing it on the counter. I paid him as he slid the glass infront of me, a bitter look on his face as he grimly made his way to another demanding customer. I stared at the glass before me, then lifted it to my mouth to consume completely. I closed my eyes and placed my head on the counter, a familiar voice echoing through my mind. Two luminous sapphire eyes sparkled in my memory. ‘Such a beautiful face,’ I thought to myself. I instantly opened my eyes, blinking repeatedly as though I had awoken from a dream.

‘Just another face, another soul to forget.’ I sighed heavily at that thought, gradually getting up and shaking away the memory of the unknown woman. I looked at my surroundings. So many cheerful people, enjoying this moment of their lives when they can be one more face in a crowd of happiness. I grew somewhat envious at this sight, a harsh frown making its way to my face. I yearned for bliss, the bliss that these mortals were all too familiar with. I roughly pushed my way through the crowd, eager to escape these people that seemed to be taunting me. I reached the doorway, swiftly making my way through the cold night I knew all too well.

(New Content Will Be On the Way Soon)

Author's Note: You may have noticed that some of the paragraphs begin with our user names, that's there just to specify which sections of the story were written by who.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 03:28 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

BOPRecruit 16: The celebration of this particular night was still flourishing in all of its harmonious wonder, as to what was so special about this evening, I had not a clue nor cared. As I made my way past zealous partygoers and the harsh bright lights shining down from the building's decorations, brought me to the realization that my hometown has evolved greatly since I had left its great shores of prosper. There were holidays celebrated and alterations in sense of fashion amongst the locals, that seemed pecular to me. I did recognize the gold trimmings on decorative, refined, french imported suits that I had once worn to a dinner party with Lestat. No matter, I would absorb the change in culture all in due time.

Familair, ancient, architecture and stone streets past my line of vision until I could see the way out of this depressingly chippper place and into the darkness beyond. Walking along a well troden dirt path that lead me towards massive fields of tall wheat and crop that was the country side of New Orleans. I could smell the sweetness of blooming flowers in the nearby gardens and the blossoms of new born fruit, preparing themselves to be harvested for the coming spring. Oh, how I missed the smell and atmosphere that the plantations brought out in my lifeless soul. I could not quite place my finger on what was so mystical about this place, from an immortal's perspective like mine, except that I felt free and my worries were put to rest for the moment.

The further I went, the more determined my pace became into reaching my unknown desitnation a few miles beyond the swamp to the left. A prickling sensation of fear, sprang up in the forefront of mind, trying to tell me something about that all too familair bog. But, I ignored it for I did not want it too mar this joyous serenity of temporary peace. Leaving the vapers of mist and the echoeing calls from the creatures of the night behind me, I spotted a barren field coming into my view. For miles around that field, there were many narled trees, branches weighed down my clumps of moss, patches of flowers and unkept grass, covering the premisce that was once known as Pointe du Lac.

RagingSilent: My broken life. The life I had once known and grown to love, yet also loathe. Gradually, I stopped walking, my curious eyes roaming over the hard earth I stood upon. I closed my eyes, the subtle wind gently brushing against my cold skin, as I remembered the days of my old life. My wife, my child, how I loved you, yet you left me, my dreams turning to ash, ash as grey as the dead evening that mourns for the glimmer of sunlight. My trembling hands soon became fists, yet through my anger, my aching eyes sang quietly to the night, longing to once again see those who brought me true happiness.

My heart turned dark then, my body weak with grief. Sluggishly, I continued my steps, my eyes upon the dying soil. Abruptly I paused, finding myself standing before the aged property I had once lived in. The night seemed to deepen as the shadows of my old world washed over me. Upon a musty window, I placed my hand, wiping away the dust that was layered thick over it. Through the window, painful memories lay, cinders darkening any trace of color. I smiled gently, unaware of the tear that rolled silently down my cheek. I turned away, melancholic peace settling upon the surrounding night I cherished.

My eyes slowly drifted above, the moon gazing at me as it sparkled light across the sky. At that moment, I remembered when I had truly seen the beauty of the night, when I had first learned of pure darkness. At that time, I was a new born vampire, weeping at the splendor of the world, weeping at the chance I had been offered, a chance to live another life, to see what mortals would not. Grimly, my heart danced, a bitter thought forming in the back of my mind. Lestat. You gave me that chance, yet you never warned me of the torment it would bring. Despite the memory of his bitterness, and the evil behind his offer to me, a sullen truth still remained in my mind. I longed to see his face.

Author's Note: Forgive us for neglecting to mention earlier that this story takes place around the late 1860's to 1880's. Also, that this story is wonderfully altering what happened after Louis declined Armand's offer to join him and instead of returning to New Orleans in 1988 like he said in the movie. Providing more of a romance story for him to satisfy our and our readers desires to read more about Louis and so forth.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 12:25 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

BOPRecruit 16: Recalling all of what has already come to pass, brought a sudden bitter taste to my palette that sliced a huge bitter knife through my reverie. The open mental wound of negativity brought forth my conscious, nagging me ever more, washing across my senses and cleansing me free of the pleasant, positive aura that brought forth the reminder of a familiar place. For now, the country side had lost it's sway upon me. The invisible shadows of the night come forth to claim my danmned soul once more. Drawing me further back into this oppression that I refer to as my eternal life. A sensation like this, makes my heart become increasing obsessed with my newly discovered addiction. An addiction to go on a journey that will allow some warmth and light back into my life. For now, I don't really care of how long this will take. I would like to at least make an attempt to redeem myself and not have to regret so much of my miserable immortality. To quit viewing this gift of neverevending life as a curse, but more as a blessing.

No longer do I desire to remember such dark times and linger in a place that brings up the past. My soul is already burdened with enough regrets and griefs to last me a lifetime. In this current state of mind, I do not take well to additional pain and feel as though I could crumble under the pressure of it all. With a heavy heart, I turn my back upon this place of old, so that I can quit torturing myself so. These stubborn, yet determined, pair of feet begin to wind their way back down the way from which I had come, towards the still lively town. I breach the border of soft glowing lights and enter a section of the town that was known for its esquisite taste in fashion. Just beyond this lane, nearly consumed by darkness with the exception of a few decorative torch lights, lighting the way to their sources of refuge, were some lodgings that seemed welcoming to me. I cast my gaze skywards to catch a glimpse to discover which phase the evening was in, which I found to be slowly growing fainter. That sign showed to my sensitive eyes that the sun was soon to peak the horizon in a couple of hours, so I must find a place to stay or else I would burn to ashes. Ashes. Just when that horrid memory began to resurface of Claudia's demise, I diverted its access to the back burner's of my conscious and being to concentrate more on the matter at hand.

RagingSilent: Along a dirt road my footsteps fell, my gaze intense on the ground, as my mind so easily convinced me that the eyes of strangers were upon me, judging my curious appearance. I looked up. Not a single soul noticed me. Suddenly, laughter seized my ears. There they were, the people of New Orleans, happily parading down the velvet streets of night, not one dull frown on any one of their faces. Yet a frown began to stain my face at this site, quickly subsiding in panic, as I remembered dawn was approaching. Eagerly my feet pushed me along, as I searched for a place to stay to escape the terrible light.

My eyes found a cosy little Inn. I entered the doorway, surveying the place I would stay for the night. Vivacious voices of new unknowns echoed around the tattered walls, glistening lights shone through the darkness of the beautiful night, and the dull, yet charming structure of the building brought a small smile to my lips. I made my way to the front desk, placing my hands on the worn counter. With his back turned to me, the host of the Inn stood, not noticing my arrival. I cleared my throat slightly, attracting his attention. He turned around immediately, his cheerful manner overwhelming me. With a large, yet genuine smile on his face, he spoke. “Welcome to the Redway Inn, may I help you?” I smiled barely, as I would have felt awkward if I had not returned the merriment. “Yes, I would like to stay at your Inn for one night, perhaps more, if I change my mind.” “Very well then.” The man opened up a thick black book, turning it to a page to mark down my details of my stay, all the while, the same large smile upon his face. With his eyes still upon the page, he rubbed his chin, his unkempt facial hair brushing over his hand. He placed his pen down on the page, closed the book, and looked up at me. “I have found a vacant room for you to spend a few nights in if you wish. Will I take you to this room?” I nodded politely, “Yes, thank you.” From a wooden board hammered into the wall, he unhooked a key, placing it in his pocket. He started to walk, signalling to me to follow him. Slowly, my feet moved, following the Innkeeper where he walked. We came to a flight of stairs, and as his chubby legs moved up the stairs, the staircase began to creak slightly.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 05:53 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

BOPRecruit 16: As the two of us ascended the stairway, my curious eyes roamed the walls flanking my sides, taking in my surroundings. The tall blanks of furnished wood were decorated with replicas of famous works of art that I had seen many times during my stay in Europe. From the high ceilings above, the glowing flames upon the candles would shine through the crystal of the chandelleirs. Beaming down the dancing rays of light to sparkle throughout the hallway. The Inn Keeper lead me past many doorways, their wooden frames carved into complicated shapes. So caught up with my observation that my feet neglected to warn me to come to a sudden halt upon the red velvet carpet, where the mortal man had stopped, and nearly ran into him. I mumbled a quick, awkward apology as I corrected my posture beside him. "Quite alright, young sir," was my reply, plus that signature smile of his. He lifted his occupied hand and inserted the golden key into the knob, then turned to unlatch.

Before he took a step forward to open the door, the Inn Keeper turned to me and said, "You will be staying in this room here, number seven." The elderly gentlemen moved forth and stood to the side to allow me passage. "Number seven is a room for singles and couples on their honeymoon..." When I heard that last word, I gave him a strange look. "Oh, don't worry, sir. This room is perfectly sanitary, if that's what you're worried about. Heh heh!", continued the Inn Keeper, with a nervous yet energetic chuckle and a silly grin plastered upon his wrinkled face. "Erm...Anyways...your room has a balcony that looks over our Inn's garden and the nearby courtyard beyond it." He pointed across the room before me, then closed the door behind us. Shifting his point to the east section of the room, "That window there looks over the street in front of the property."

The windows he spoke of were made of clear and very pale green stained class that were arranged into a squared pattern. As for the frames of the window, were covered by dark, navy blue satin curtins that would billow in the wind, if I ever needed to feel the evening's cool, gentle breeze upon my still flesh. "And, to your left in the next room, is the bedroom." The Inn Keeper guided me over there to show me what he was talking about as he went along explaing things to me. "As you can see, the bed is king sized, four poster. Large enough to fit two people...or less in your case. All of the rooms on this side of our establishment have four posters because this is the direction that the sun rises and makes itself known." The four poster was framed with a finer looking type of carpentry, lighter than the doors and wooden floors. Four errect poles had carvings of wildlife and nature upon their inanimite flesh. The curtains suspended from the top of the frame were drawn back and made of the same thick velvet as the floors in the hallway. My eyes narrowed in thought at the sight of those.

Tucked away in the far corner, near the window sill, was a cosy wardrobe with a mirror and washing station atop of it for the morning preperations. Not far to the left of the bed, from my angle at the doorway, there was a smaller, seperate part of the room that was the lavatory. Of course, I would never need to use that unless I had consumed some bad blood, which never happened either. The Inn Keeper at my side watched me with patient eyes, allowing me time to take this new environment in. When I looked to him, he brightened up once more. "Well, young sir, this is one of the rooms with the best view. You most certainly had impecable timing before they all got booked. Considering that it's so early in the morning. Can you believe that there are still people partying out there?" He threw a furtive glance towards the tinted window, "I'm just glad that most of them are a few blocks away, not enough to disturb my guests!" The Inn Keeper raised his arms up and down before landing them back at his hips.

"Well, now, that completes your brief tour of this room," he continued, waddling his way back over to the entrance door. Pulling back the door and standing in the middle of the frame work, the Inn Keeper handed me the twin set of keys to room number seven. "Forgive me for asking and then forgetting that I had asked earlier, but...How long shall I be expecting you to stay?" A small, amused smile spread across my once grim set face. "Since you have been so kind to me and having estimated how little of my old hometown that I have seen thus far, I would like to stay for a few days to a week or so. Is that alright?" I asked. The latter nodded in response and returned my warm smile. "Aw, so you are a fellow New Orleaner? What's your name, young sir?" He looked at me, eager for the answer as I nodded to his first question and then hesitated a fraction at the next.

I was hesitant to give away my name at first, fearing that he may recognize it. But, I mulled this over for a bit and realized that none of my relatives lived close to New Orleans nor lived in the state of Louisiana for that matter. Plus, I haven't been here since I was a mortal, nearly two hundred years ago. People whom I once knew, should already by dead, long gone by now. So, what was the harm? "Louis," came my deep voice, just above a whisper. The Inn Keeper just smiled, with no hint of surprise in his posture. "Your family must have immigranted from France long ago, no?" I nodded to concurr his question. Indeed, ages ago. "Well, Louis, welcome back to New Orleans and the Redway Inn! May you enjoy your stay with us."

"I will do that," I replied, curtiously. The Inn Keeper flashed me one last sincere, welcoming smile before he took his leave from my prescence and shut the door closed behind him. As his heavy foot stops faded into the distance of the hallway, I turned to face the living room. It was the typical sort that I had expected, a magnificant fire place, low tables for meals, and furniture made of the finest material that the Redway Inn could affort. Suddenly, I cast my gaze upwards through the window across the room. I could see the darkness of night growing fainter as the sun was slowly making its way to the horizon. Shades of ebony dying away to become a deep shade of blue known as sapphire. Although that wasn't truely anything to be alarmed about, meant to me that I shouldn't dawdle about the room with the curtains drawn back. I marched my way across to them, enveloping the edges of the room into darkness. The lamps placed about the tops of furniture, I snuffed them out with my bare fingers, not taking the time to wet them like in the days of my mortal youth. With this section bathed into shadow, I swept over to the bedroom and stood by the bed side. Taking a moment to think over how I was going to tend to my sleeping arrangements.

Seeing as that I had neglected to bring my coffin back from France, I would have to make do and just sleep in the four poster with the curtains drawn close together. Plus, keep the curtains of the windows closed at all times during the day, which reminded me to remember to tell the Inn Keeper that. I would just make up a quick, simple excuse that I slept odd hours during the day and needed my privacy at any rate. Besides, I have just gotten off a two to three month long boat ride here. But, that would have to be saved for later. I could feel my body succumbing to the universal sensation of sleep. With every minute I took to think my sleeping arrangements over, the more time the sun would get to rise and my exhaustion grew dire.

My senses and train of thought were becoming most difficult to focus, so I decided to appease this. I reached out and drew back a blood red curtain. Gazing in, I noticed it was nice and dark in there. No sunlight could harm me. I carefully lowered myself onto the matress and beneath the covers. The springs of the bed beneath me, growned from the additional weight. I sighed heavily, feeling my tense muscles relax and conform to the soft terrain of it all. What a deep, soothing sensation this was, to relax upon a soft bed. A simple pleasure in life that I hadn't felt in years since that faithful night, when I had been lying in bed, dying, to have Lestat come forth and give me enternal life. Consciousness was slipping as I adjusted my head upon the feather stuffed, silk pillows. I was enveloped in darkness, but a comforting darkness. Not as restricting as a coffin, so this was a great improvement to me beyond belief. I had more room to move about in. Feel as though I were free from that wooden prison, in some way. As my lids were slowly coming down, drawing me down into a deep sleep, two people flashed across my mind. One with a dark soul and gold, platinum blonde hair. The other was of great beauty. Her eyes as dark as the twilight, with hair like the darkest hours of the night, clashing with the dusk.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 01:48 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

RagingSilent: When I next opened my eyes, it was night again, and I noticed, after much time had passed, that I was staring up at the frame of the four poster bed I lay in, wondering if I should even bother to draw back the curtains to greet the marvellous night. For what was there worth waking to? Another lonely walk along the roads of New Orleans? Another drink to consume within a crowded tavern? I closed my eyes, breathing slowly and heavily as I listened to the sounds of the night. Yet as I did so, my mind began to drift away, focusing deeply on the new thoughts that arose. How can you pick up the threads of a life that no longer existed? A life that seemed so distant, that you had forgotten any knowledge of its normality. I had for so long dreamed of returning to my beloved New Orleans, yet so much had changed, and I felt as though I was a stranger in a new world, trying to find my place.

I sat up in bed, my hands sweating slightly as I pulled off my covers, and slowly reached for the velvet curtain surrounding me. I drew back the curtain, swinging my legs over the side of the bed, yet I paused, my eyes open wide, cutting through the abundant darkness. My head began to spin dangerously. I placed a hand on my forehead, realizing that I had not fed for quite some time, and I needed blood desperately. I dismissed any negative thoughts that lingered in my mind, instead concentrating on my hunger pains. As I showered and dressed, my hunger grew stronger, an aching feeling that tugged at my body, and a burning desire that ran through my heart, urging me to strike down the next person who came into my view. I eagerly seized the keys from a small wooden table beside the door, pulling on my jacket as I left the room, closing the door soundlessly and locking it.

My eyes quickly scanned over a mass of approaching people, yet through my swift surveillance, I caught sight of a young woman, who gradually began to drift away from the group. As I followed the woman, I kept my footsteps silent, as I did not want to rouse her suspicion. The woman quickened her pace, her figure somewhat far in view, yet still through the darkness, I could see her short brown hair, blowing gently in the breeze. The woman then turned a corner, and as I came to this corner, I realized she had so conveniently lead me down an alleyway. My pace quickened, as I knew my kill would be safe and unheard. I was now only a few inches behind the woman, yet I continued my steps, admiring the smooth, ivory skin of her neck, and the tender veins that tensed when I placed my hand on her shoulder. I turned her to me, wildly biting into her neck, her gentle gasp echoing through my ears. My eyes began to close slowly, my body overwhelmed with ecstasy, my mind recalling the familiar taste of warm blood that rushed through me. I pulled the woman tighter to me, draining her of more of her sweet blood, fulfilling my hearts’ desire.

I opened my eyes, and carefully removed my teeth from the woman’s neck, just as I felt her go limp in my arms. I released my grip from the woman, letting her fall, yet I did not move. I stood still, finding myself staring at her form, as she lay lifeless on the solid ground. I bent down before the woman, staring intensely into her chocolate brown eyes, which made no movement, just gazed up at me, cold and dead. Eventually, I grew aware that my hand was running down the young woman’s face, gently closing her eyelids. I blinked cautiously, watching her porcelain face as though I had expected her eyes to open at that very moment. I got up discreetly, turning away to face the soothing night air, the taste of the woman’s blood still lingering on my lips.

When I returned to my room, I began to light many of the lamps that were placed around the room, giving me a clear view of my surroundings. I wandered over to my bed, dropping down onto it, my mind deep with pain, and my eyes aimlessly roaming over the candle lit room. I shook my head vigorously, and got up sluggishly, walking to the washing station. My feet felt heavy as I stood before the washing bowl, lifting up the water jug to fill the bowl with fresh, cool water. I soaked a cloth in the water, then lifted it up, wringing out most of the water. I looked up, finding my reflection in a mirror, and pressed the cloth to my face, wiping away any traces of blood around my mouth. I stared firmly into the mirror, until everything around me fell dark, and I no longer could hear the sounds that echoed around the room. Breathing strongly, I turned away from the mirror, choosing to leave my room once again, and wander the streets, seeking a temporary distraction for the thoughts in my mind.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 11:50 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

RagingSilent: The wondrous moon above shone brightly, spilling light across the path I walked. The wind became icy, a harsh embrace for my once warm body. My jacket ruffled violently behind me, my hands reaching into my pockets, searching for warmth I knew I would not find. My lips trembled slightly, my eyes eagerly scanning my surroundings, seeking a relief from the piercing cold. Just as I had wrapped my jacket tighter around my body, I felt a single, cold raindrop fall onto my cheek, which slowly travelled down my face, and ended at the base of my chin, falling to the opening of my shirt. I glanced overhead. Rain clouds were gathering, chaotically dancing across the sky, their darkness closing in on the luminous moon. I stopped walking, closing my eyes as I did so. I listened. Distant voices, slowly fading as a deep roll of thunder howled through the mystical night.

Suddenly, raindrops began to fall, heavy and rapid, their presence causing a shuffle of feet, and an uproar of voices around me. I opened my eyes, yet as my feet started to move again, my pace did not quicken. I did not wish to escape the rain, for each raindrop that fell onto my face, was another soothing touch to my flesh. I walked on, slowly becoming aware that at some moments, my eyes would close, for my mind was aching to feel the cool of the rain on my skin, with no interruption from my eyes. As the rain began to die down, I came to reality, and focused on finding a place to go, for I knew I could not wander on forever. My feet carried me along, my eyes quickly running over the stores and taverns I passed by. After my quick survey, I managed to find a restaurant. My clothes were neat and formal (and reasonably dry by now) so I decided that this would be my place of choice for the evening. I made my way through a small patch of people, reaching the decorative doorway, and turning the golden handle.

I disregarded any of the extravagant features of the restaurant, and instead walked directly to the bar I spotted in the far corner of the room. I pulled out a polished, wooden stool, and sat down upon it. “Preposterous!” Said a man beside me, banging his fist ethereally onto the counter. “Can you believe this?” He asked, in a rather shocked tone. I turned my head towards the man, in realization that his question was directed at me. “Pardon me?” I asked, noticing that the man held a newspaper in his hand. I studied the man. I noticed his eyes firstly; they were exceptional indeed – silver in color, with flecks of midnight blue scattered through them. His hair was jet black and shoulder length, with unruly bangs almost covering his eyes completely. I looked at his eyes once more, for I noticed that something about them was somewhat familiar to me.

The man smiled. “Forgive me for my abrupt question,” he said politely, “But the large increase of taxes in this town is ghastly.” He handed me the newspaper and continued on. “I assume this tax increase has come about so the entertainment concept for the celebration can be paid for.” I was reading through the article about the tax growth, when I noticed what the man had said. “Celebration?” I asked, my eyes still fixed upon the newspaper. “Yes,” the man said pleasantly. “There is an upcoming celebration for the foundation of our beloved town. It is annual of course, and I take it you are new here, or else you would have known of such a significant festivity.” I looked up and stared blankly at the man. I had for so long lived my immortal life, that I had forgotten any minor things that I once knew in my previous life. “Sir?” Came the man’s voice. I blinked instantly, and smiled gently at the man. “Yes, you could say I am new here,” I said with despondency.

“Well, welcome to New Orleans then Sir,” said the man, a smile forming on his handsome face. “I do hope you enjoy the celebration. No one in town has ever missed one, for we all greatly enjoy them. Even my sister has come here to take delight in the festivity. She loves this town immensely, yet she tells me that she has come across a tremendous amount of impolite people. Although, she did say there was one kind stranger who helped her with her belongings.” Slowly, I turned to the man, once again focusing on his eyes. “Your sister?” I asked, feeling a smile creep upon my face. “Yes. Her name is Cassandra,” the man said warmly. “Do you know her?” He asked. “Perhaps,” I said, smiling more broadly. “However, I do not know you,” I said to the man, offering my hand. “My name is Louis Pointe du Lac.” The man smiled happily and shook my hand firmly. “It is good to meet you Louis. My name is Dorian Black.”

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 10:40 AM