KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Why did the matrix 2, and 3 suck so bad?

Why did the matrix 2, and 3 suck so bad?
Started by: Stinky_Bottoms

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stinky_Bottoms

Cool Why did the matrix 2, and 3 suck so bad?

Where did they go wrong?
The first was good the 2nd, and 3rd were horrible...

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 09:29 AM
Stinky_Bottoms is currently offline Click here to Send Stinky_Bottoms a Private Message Find more posts by Stinky_Bottoms Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TWelling4Ever
Smallville Freak

i know, i really liked the first and the second was ok, but i hated the third one...i didn't like neo dying... no

Lois: I don't understand what the big deal is. We just took a shower.

Clark: SHOWERSSSS!!! We took seperate showers!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 12:51 PM
TWelling4Ever is currently offline Click here to Send TWelling4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by TWelling4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

They were all bad. Can you prove that eo died thouigh?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 01:48 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I thought he died when Smith killed him and the machines dragged his corpse away.

They said in the first Matrix commentary that they really hate that movie because they'd never be able to work up to it. And it's true. The first was so good and sequels (which can't be as good) are destined to be compared with the original.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 03:43 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
They were all bad.

you have horrible taste in movies

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 09:30 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Re: Why did the matrix 2, and 3 suck so bad?

quote:
Originally posted by Stinky_Bottoms
Where did they go wrong?

By making it too complex for people like you to understand it.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 11:11 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

well i liked them and it kinda hinted something at the end of 3 but i guess i understand to a good extent about and my fav-fav was part 1

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 11:18 PM
TX! is currently offline Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

number 2 was good.. 3 sucked.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 02:22 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think they sucked so much because they were drastically different in style and story. I guess it's kind of the same reason so many people have problems with the Star Wars prequels, the style, the story and the writting just completely tangents from the original trilogy and the same is true of the first matrix and the second and third.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 02:27 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

i thin neither sucked, i just think that the first was better then the 2nd, and the 2nd was better then the 3rd

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 02:52 AM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

^ ya well said

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 04:13 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stinky_Bottoms

Re: Re: Why did the matrix 2, and 3 suck so bad?

quote:
Originally posted by cal31
By making it too complex for people like you to understand it.

Too Complex?
Simple minded twit.. Tommy Boy was more complex then that horse dung put on film Matrix 2, and 3...
Such a fool you are for even trying to say that it was too complex..
I swear you children online now a days... cool You worry me....

Last edited by Stinky_Bottoms on Feb 28th, 2005 at 07:04 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 07:02 AM
Stinky_Bottoms is currently offline Click here to Send Stinky_Bottoms a Private Message Find more posts by Stinky_Bottoms Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I really liked 2 and 3, I thought they were a great extension to the original. My favourite characters were probably the Twins, I thought they were brilliant, and I liked the Merovingian as well. I liked how they expanded on all the Matrix philosophy as well....

but I spose its all a matter of opinion - some peopl liked it, some hated it ((like marmite! big grin ))

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 01:32 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

*sigh* this type thread has been done to death!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 04:11 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

they so didn't suck they added to the story, I think you would have been complaining anyways if there werent any sequals

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 08:37 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

[edit]

Keep this on topic!

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Mar 1st, 2005 at 05:04 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 09:25 PM
Gryn Jabar is currently offline Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

first had best story.
second had best action scenes.
third all around sucked.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 10:02 PM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Re: Re: Re: Why did the matrix 2, and 3 suck so bad?

quote:
Originally posted by Stinky_Bottoms
Too Complex?
Simple minded twit.. Tommy Boy was more complex then that horse dung put on film Matrix 2, and 3...
Such a fool you are for even trying to say that it was too complex..
I swear you children online now a days... cool You worry me....

Well, considering I could go through 3 different levels of interpretation of the movies and meanings, I'll save you the trouble and just say you are gonna miss a lot of things if you are that ignorant about everything.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 12:00 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

quote:
Originally posted by Velcro_Boy
first had best story.
second had best action scenes.
third all around sucked.

sry, im gonna have to disagree, but when you say the 2nd had the best action scenes. the 2nd had better graphics, but when it came to the burly brawl, and some other action sequences in that movie, it was just too fake looking to me. i really liked the highway scene though, i will admit. but the first movie's action sequencses were better in my opinion because it looked so real, mainly because it was almost all real, but with strings attached and stuff. i say first had best story AND action sequences, 2nd had better graphics (and the highway scene kicked ass) and the 3rd just wasn't as good as the first 2

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 12:43 AM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

The second and third films were bad for two reasons:

1. The first film was philosophical whereas the latter two films were theological.

2. The division between the latter two films seems arbitrary.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2005 12:48 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote