KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Time for another tournament?

Time for another tournament?
Started by: ScarletSpider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Time for another tournament?

The boards seem to be in a bit of a lull at the moment, and I remember the passion with which some of the previous, well handled, tournaments brought to our posts. There's also a bevy of new posters, so why not, eh?

This is largely, and shamelessly ripped from Evangel's previous tournament.

1 everyman type (Superman, Thor, Shazam, Sentry, Majestic, etc.)

2 fairly powerful types (Iron Man, Namor level)

2 powerful street characters (Spider-Man, Luke Cage level)

2 street level characters--allowed a modicum of power, Iron Fist (as his fist is no harder than Cap's shield), Silver Samurai (he makes a sword unbreakable, Cap's shield is already unbreakable), (Batman, Cap, etc.)

Drafts for the Supes archetype may begin now, if anyone is interested, or this can be relegated to nothingness in the annals of forum mishaps. Any problems, requests, questions or anything else, just post here, or PM me if it's an outstanding situation.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 02:41 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Everyman–Superman
Fairly Powerful–Spawn and Hellboy
Powerful Street–Spider-man and Dark Claw
Street Level–Nightwing and Nightcrawler

how do we decide who wins?
i think the street level battles will be most interesting

Make your own dream team here!

Last edited by Quick Freeze on Jan 12th, 2005 at 08:12 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 08:08 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

um...i dun really understand how this works....someone elaborate?

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:44 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

You pick characters for each category. If there are enough people, names will be drawn from a proverbial hat to match you up for battles. You and your opponent deliberate over who will win while others cast their votes. After a day or so, depending upon the turn out, we move onto the next match. Those that win are put into the semi-finals.

Quick Freeze, not to be a dink or anything, but I specified drafts for the Super/Everyman archetype only. Nice team, but we want to spread it out so as to make it a bit more fair.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 04:30 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

about the supes type, who is the maximum power? if it slike evangel then odin and thanos are not allowed i suppose?

in that case i choose silver surfer. do i need to post a link?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:02 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Don't bother with a link. Like Evangel's, no super-powerful Odin/Thanos types.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 10:23 PM
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

YES fianly this time i will win
and night crawler isnt street level

I choose LOBO!

and if he isnt alowd i want doomsday. and there is now way hes not alowd

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:00 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

and do we all need at least one female again?

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:01 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

umm acualy, i wanna take doomsday over lobo

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:48 PM
Loot

i was think the same isn´t doomsday better then lobo lol

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:54 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

mhmmm
who u picking?

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:56 PM
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by norrin radd
in that case i choose silver surfer. do i need to post a link?

i was thinking in Martian manhunter, but surfer is more powerful in my opinion, and since my nick is norrin it would be kinda strange if somebody else picked him.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:59 PM
crazyspinz

o yea, norrin radd is the surfer, i always forget that for some reason

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:04 AM
Loot

of course i like the surfer but the main reason i´ve choosen this name was because i really like it, the bad thing about it is that sometimes ppl don´t count my opinion in surfers battles.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:06 AM
Loot

actually i have some questions about the rulez scarlet.

about thelepaty can you use it at full extend, to shut down minds and control others? if thats the case instead of surfer i choose nate grey (with the abbilitie to full control his power) if the full potential nate isn´t allowed then i choose the god-like cable. if this is not the case i´m sticking with surfer.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:31 AM
crazyspinz

i doubt they will be alowed, i tried them in evas slugfest (which was awsome by the way) and i wasnt alowd, and i still almost won via my extreemly powerfull herald (who im not picking in this tourny to give others a chance)

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:34 AM
Loot

but i´m talking the herald type, eva didn´t accept cable because nobody had info on him.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:37 AM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

quote:
Originally posted by ScarletSpider

Quick Freeze, not to be a dink or anything, but I specified drafts for the Super/Everyman archetype only. Nice team, but we want to spread it out so as to make it a bit more fair.

sorry i'm a little slow. . .i'll uh. . . just uh go ahead and delete the rest of the team now that everyone knows who i chose. . . embarrasment

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:57 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

no nate was tried for herald type

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:57 AM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

i still get superman though right?

Make your own dream team here!

Last edited by Quick Freeze on Jan 13th, 2005 at 01:03 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:59 AM