KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Léon: The Professional

Léon: The Professional
Started by: Alphamale

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alphamale

The Movie "The Professional"- a question?

This movie was on TV last night, and I really like this movie. It is awesome if you havent seen it! I was just wondering if anyone knows what kind of drug that Gary Oldman was supposely taking in the movie. They were green and yellow capsules. He would put them in his mouth but he didnt swallow them , he would crush them with his teeth. Then he would act like he was getting instant "rush" off it??

WHo else here loves this movie??

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 05:47 PM
Alphamale is currently offline Click here to Send Alphamale a Private Message Find more posts by Alphamale Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ms_saigon

OMG, I love this movie! I've watched it more times than I care to admit, but I don't know much about drugs, at least of the illegal variety, and I can't help you on your query. I just wanted to pipe up and say how much I liked the movie.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 06:41 PM
ms_saigon is currently offline Click here to Send ms_saigon a Private Message Find more posts by ms_saigon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alphamale

Well thanks for trying ! Glad to know someone else loved this movie like I do! Great flick huh!

How wouldnt this make a great sequel. Little Nat all grown up and now she is "The Professional" and takes out the bad guys!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 06:51 PM
Alphamale is currently offline Click here to Send Alphamale a Private Message Find more posts by Alphamale Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ms_saigon

That would be sooo cool, but highly doubtful.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 07:01 PM
ms_saigon is currently offline Click here to Send ms_saigon a Private Message Find more posts by ms_saigon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
desilu

i don't know if you already knew this or not but there is bonus material of the professional on the version entitled "Leon" which contains another 24 minutes of footage. i thought it was a good movie and even paid the extra money to buy "Leon" on dvd.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 07:55 PM
desilu is currently offline Click here to Send desilu a Private Message Find more posts by desilu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Max Power

really? Thats cool. What kind of footage is it?

A sequel sounds fun at first. But without Leon the movie has lost half of its magic.

Man, Natalie Portman really was one of the best child actors around.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 04:24 PM
Max Power is currently offline Click here to Send Max Power a Private Message Find more posts by Max Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

she was indeed, she did a good job in Beautiful girls too

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 04:25 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alphamale

THe extra footage has alot of the relationship between leon and matilda in it. I also heard that it shows some more violence!

Yeah she was a better actor in "The Professional" than she was in the 2 star wars movies!!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 04:27 PM
Corran
Lucifer

This was an great movie, it was called Leon over here though not the professional.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 04:30 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

yup, Leon

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 04:31 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alphamale

The actually name is LEON: The Professional.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 04:34 PM
Corran
Lucifer

Actually the name here is just LEON.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 06:40 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alphamale

Well, the oversees version(on the dvd box) that I saw it had Leon: The Professional!!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 06:42 PM
Corran
Lucifer

This is a copy of the DVD sleeve here, no mention of the professional

Attachment: b00004r84d.jpg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 06:46 PM
Alphamale

well the one I might buy off ebay looked different. Im sure it was done to tie into the american mkting of "The Professiona" which I might add is a much better name for the movie! Leon sounds like some mushy story about some little boy?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 09:48 PM
LanceWindu

I saw this movie for the first time last year after some urging by my friend overthe internet.

It was freakin' awesome.

I loved it the entire way through, except the part where Leon dies.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 09:57 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alphamale

yeah it makes you think he is getting out alive, then BAM! But at least the bad guy(Oldman) gets it too!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 10:00 PM
LanceWindu

Yeah that was sweet.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 10:01 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

For an encore, mad ol' Gary went on to play almost exactly the same guy in The Fifth Element. Died in very similar circumstances, too...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 01:37 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
desilu

the extra footage of Leon: The Professional also has some scenes of Leon teaching Mathilda how to clean using a paintball gun/pistol s not the same paintball gun/sniper rifle that she uses to shoot that guy in the park. also, alpha the movie has a couple of titles and the title "The Professional" is not necessarily the right one, it is also called "The Cleaner" "Leon" "Leon: The Professional" and "The Professional". Like other movies its name changed when being released overseas.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 04:00 AM
desilu is currently offline Click here to Send desilu a Private Message Find more posts by desilu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote